Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

     
Old 12-12-14, 05:39 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
 
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension

Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-05, 04:13 PM   #91
roo
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ca
Posts: 801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello1
ueno's are custom...you are in the right direction if your looking at x11 +19 offset. those look like good numbers to me. but those wont fit the fromt without major modfications. the rear will be fine with a pull.
it's nice to hear from people who love totally flush wheels.

I'm definatly doing 18x10J+24 up front as that is what Ueno is running an I will be using the Vertex blister fenders.

As for the rear, I'm confident in the 18x10J +19 fitting...for 18x11J there are +19, +25, +35 offsets available. They will all give the same lip size and because they are for the rear, i don't think caliper clearance will be an issue. I'll definatly be roling the fenders but I'm wondering how much of a pull will be needed to fit the 11J in there.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 05:17 PM   #92
indelible
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: California
Posts: 1,164
Send a message via AIM to indelible
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo
it's nice to hear from people who love totally flush wheels.

I'm definatly doing 18x10J+24 up front as that is what Ueno is running an I will be using the Vertex blister fenders.
How much are those fenders?
__________________
1992 SC300 5spd-HKS Hi-Power muffler , Eibach Prokit Springs, Custom CAI, Audi TT/E46 HID Retrofit (SOLD!)
2007 ES350-Premium Plus and Preferred Accessories Packages
2005 STi- Stage 2, Titek DP, HKS Hi-Power CBE, APS CAI, Espelir springs, Dual catch-can setup, Defi Gauges, APEXi turbo timer, grounding wires
indelible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-05, 11:34 PM   #93
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)
 
AME_VIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,693
Default

mongo is running 18x10 +24 all around.
Another member is running 19x11 in the rear.

both stock fenders!

roll 'em and maybe a small pull in the rear. Do whatever it takes.

I'm planning on 18x10 and 18x11 next
AME_VIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 11:34 AM   #94
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (7)
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: California
Posts: 5,932
Send a message via AIM to AutoCoutureSC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indelible
How much are those fenders?
just shy of $600 for us California people. 6 week wait, sometimes 7-8.
AutoCoutureSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-05, 01:55 PM   #95
roo
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ca
Posts: 801
Default

http://www.t-and-e.co.jp/set_parts.html

44,100 Yen

25mm wider than stock
roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-05, 02:44 PM   #96
roo
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ca
Posts: 801
Default

looks like I'm going to order these next week....

Volk GT-C Top Secret Gold

18x10+24 Front
18x10+19 Rear

Front will have blister fenders, no issues there. The Rear fenders will need to be rolled an pulled about half an inch I believe. I might want to adjust the camber as well. My biggest worry is clearance on the inside of the rears. Someone posted earlier that his wheels would not clear non-coilover suspension. Has anyone else had any problems with this or can you shed any more light on this? I can understand how the coilovers would give more inside clearance. I'm just hoping with the lower offset, The rear wheels will still clear the stock suspension. I plan on going with coilovers either way but the wheels will take 2-3 months to get from Japan and then to have them show up and not fit in the rear would be torture hehe.

Last edited by roo; 06-22-05 at 01:27 PM..
roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 09:00 PM   #97
newyorksc
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Forest Hills
Posts: 1,869
Default

Tire/wheel question:

I shouldn't have a problem fitting 245/35/18s and 275/35/18s on 18x10s and 18x11 respectively, would I?
newyorksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-05, 09:29 PM   #98
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
MongolKhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mongolia
Posts: 805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholic
Tire/wheel question:

I shouldn't have a problem fitting 245/35/18s and 275/35/18s on 18x10s and 18x11 respectively, would I?
275/35/18s on 18x11 sounds right but on 18X10 i would put 255/35/18's.

roo, i have 15 offset on the back with coilovers, they sit just fine but if i want to really lower my car, i have to pull my fenders a little.
__________________
She broke my heart, so i broke her jaw.
MongolKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-05, 07:40 PM   #99
newyorksc
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Forest Hills
Posts: 1,869
Default

someone sticky this
newyorksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-05, 02:00 AM   #100
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)
 
AME_VIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 1,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo
looks like I'm going to order these next week....

Volk GT-C Top Secret Gold

18x10+24 Front
18x10+19 Rear

Front will have blister fenders, no issues there. The Rear fenders will need to be rolled an pulled about half an inch I believe. I might want to adjust the camber as well. My biggest worry is clearance on the inside of the rears. Someone posted earlier that his wheels would not clear non-coilover suspension. Has anyone else had any problems with this or can you shed any more light on this? I can understand how the coilovers would give more inside clearance. I'm just hoping with the lower offset, The rear wheels will still clear the stock suspension. I plan on going with coilovers either way but the wheels will take 2-3 months to get from Japan and then to have them show up and not fit in the rear would be torture hehe.
its already been said before mongo is running 18x10 +24 all around on STOCK FENDERS, just roll them
clears his coilovers just fine. If you get the blister fenders they will be sunk!

On the SC coilovers are smaller in diameter than the stock suspension therefore they have more clearance for wheels
AME_VIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-05, 03:20 PM   #101
roo
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: ca
Posts: 801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTeg
its already been said before mongo is running 18x10 +24 all around on STOCK FENDERS, just roll them
clears his coilovers just fine. If you get the blister fenders they will be sunk!

On the SC coilovers are smaller in diameter than the stock suspension therefore they have more clearance for wheels
18x10+24 is what Ueno runs on his Vertex Demo cars with his wide fenders...they're not sunk.
I ended up with 18x11+19 in the rear with the intent of rolling and pulling the rear fenders.
roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 11:36 PM   #102
newyorksc
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Forest Hills
Posts: 1,869
Default

How big of a difference does 3mm make? In terms of fender clearance.. I can probably sand down 3mm from the inner fender with some sandpaper right?
newyorksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 11:43 PM   #103
newyorksc
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Forest Hills
Posts: 1,869
Default

I stole this pic from detuned, the wheels I have coming in are similar in spec, a little bit more aggressive.

My question is, do you think I will be able to run enough negative camber to get these tucked into the fender? Mine are 18" as opposed to the 19" shown.

Btw, my fenders have been rolled completely.

Click the image to open in full size.
newyorksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-05, 12:24 AM   #104
JZZ30TT
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Virginia
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholic
My question is, do you think I will be able to run enough negative camber to get these tucked into the fender? Mine are 18" as opposed to the 19" shown.
Front camber can be taken care of easily with camber plates/coilovers

Rear is a bit tougher. You are stuck with the max stock will allow, since as of right now no ones makes adjustable arms for the Soarer/SC, that I know of. Anyway, you can get away with running a stretched tire. Honestly IMO there's no need for anything bigger than a 255 unless you are running over 400whp. Especially on a n/a SC I just can't see the reasoning for running a big rear tire.
JZZ30TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-05, 12:27 AM   #105
indelible
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: California
Posts: 1,164
Send a message via AIM to indelible
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZZ30TT
Front camber can be taken care of easily with camber plates/coilovers
If you mean camber can be adjusted on the SC with adjustable camber plates, you're wrong. I've explored this option and adjustable camber plates won't work on the SC.
__________________
1992 SC300 5spd-HKS Hi-Power muffler , Eibach Prokit Springs, Custom CAI, Audi TT/E46 HID Retrofit (SOLD!)
2007 ES350-Premium Plus and Preferred Accessories Packages
2005 STi- Stage 2, Titek DP, HKS Hi-Power CBE, APS CAI, Espelir springs, Dual catch-can setup, Defi Gauges, APEXi turbo timer, grounding wires
indelible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-05, 12:27 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wheel fitment/Tire sizing JavBez LS400 8 07-17-14 03:04 PM
What size wheels for 2011 IS?! Italia33 IS - Second Generation 4 09-28-13 02:01 PM
Ordering CCW Classics this week. Need Fitment Help UpInTheLex SC 400/300 7 07-11-11 03:15 PM
Stock 1IS rims painted in graphite grey pearl on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S rubber MPLexus301 Wheels and Tires Classifieds 40 01-28-10 11:07 AM
Put some 18" G35 wheels on my sc... Black_SC SC 400/300 45 05-06-09 07:13 PM


Tags
20x10, 40, 5x1145, back, bolt, fit, kdw2, pattern, sc300, sc400, size, stretched, stud, tire, wheel, wheels, widest

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:58 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info