SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS!!!, haha

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-07, 08:58 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You Guys Will Never Believe This!!!, ** They Found It***

So I’ve had my 95 SC for sale for a few weeks now, ever since I have bought my new 02 sc430. So this morning this guy comes to look at the car… seems a bit suspicious but I thought what the hell, After looking at the car he offers me 11 thousand out the door, So I’m thinking is this guys retard because the car was listed for $9,700. He says he has the money in his account and he will write me a check… So I told him no dice, I said that I would accompany him to the bank so he can get the cash in hand and then we would go to my lock box at my bank and I would hand him over the pink. He agrees, and in the mean time I tell him to give me his license so I can take a photo copy. As I go in to grab my wallet and to take a copy of the stuff I hear him taking off in the car!!! I was thinking WTF just happened… so long story short the guy stole my car, thankfully the guy never tried to threaten or harm me, So in retrospect I am thankful of that. So after I sit there for a good 15-20 minutes to make sure the guy just didn’t go out for a “test drive”, I went back in and called the cops and my insurance company. The funny thing was that the cop was laughing too, he was like that’s a first, for a person to be that stupid to show their face, produce a fake ID and try to steal the car in broad daylight. We had a nice conversation and the guy took all the info he needed and he told me to not be too hopeful since by nightfall the car would be stripped or on a container headed somewhere. On the bright side just last weekend I had taken off my LS brakes, SFAC 2 and a bunch of the little things I had on the car. The only things I had left were the tails, exhaust, rims, tiens, and the intake… all in all this has been a ransom *** day, so all I want to do it grab a beer and go relax. Hey if any of u la guys see my SC rolling around let me know. lol
Heres a pic

Last edited by Lexiss_sc430; 02-02-07 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-31-07, 09:02 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Wow Tommy,

Crazy azz story dude....

Funny thing is....it's so easy to spot an SC like yours if you have one of us CL guys lookin....I'll keep my eyes peeled for you....
Hope all turns out ok

On the bright side, must be nice to own a 430 now huh??? Doin big thangs I see....
Old 01-31-07, 09:04 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Somehow I am missing the funny part.......
Old 01-31-07, 09:11 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Thanks phoung,

I dunno I thought it was a lil funny.. the way he stole it, I mean come on could u be any more Mickey Mouse.

Oh and here are some pictures of the new Whip... hope you guys like it, bc I love it

Old 01-31-07, 09:15 PM
$loJam
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride bro....looks like you'll be moving over to the 430 forum now.
Old 01-31-07, 09:18 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sry to hear about that man, and i hope you find it.
abut the 430...deff. get new rims, no offense, i hate the stock ones. and the 06+ tails might not be a bad idea...but its not that noticable
Old 01-31-07, 09:19 PM
vince1128
Lexus Test Driver

o and did u get his number or anything, do u have any way to reach him.. did he drive to your house to look at it? i mean what the hell, if hes that much of an idiot, he must of left somethin behind
Old 01-31-07, 09:20 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Dammit dude! Not another one!!! In the LA area too?!?! What the hell is going on?? Its like these cars are being targeted for some kind of huge underground car theft operation or something. If I ever happen to be in those neck of the woods Im bringing my baton.
Old 01-31-07, 09:26 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

- yea tell me about it, the wheel look like some dam ugly flowers, lol I need to get new wheels on it asap, and the tails are soon to come too.

- every time the guy called me it was Via a blocked #, the id he left looks to be real but the cops ran it and said it was a fake and the picture does not look 100% like him. I didn’t really look at the ID as he gave it to me, only afterwards I examined it and it was too late.
Old 01-31-07, 09:37 PM
SCSJ
Lead Lap

haha wow... wat kind of teins did u have btw
Old 01-31-07, 09:40 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

basics.. nothing special
Old 01-31-07, 09:41 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

lol...nice to see your not getting so bent out of shape. Sucks that he stole it but hopefully you'll retrieve it.
Old 01-31-07, 09:42 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

uh how'd he get the key if he didn't pay you yet?
Old 01-31-07, 09:51 PM
SCSJ
Lead Lap

it happen to me too. btw is that person black i'm sorry not try to say anything offense to anyone. I post my old GS on for sale like few month back for $5500. there two guys and a girl call me with they own number and come down to check out my car. the two guys were in the car the whole time and the girl just ask me to take her around the block and she okay on everything. Didn't even low ball a penny so in mind was like wth is going on here. so we went into the starbuck new my house to get the paper work done. She wont give me her driver license and say that she lost her wallet this and that and she has a temp. check book with no address or anything on it. As soon as i heard that i know something up with this girl so i went to the restroom call my friend at wellsfargo to check on the account for me. the account was closed a month ago. i went back outside and told her that you either get out of my face or i will call the cops on you right now as soon as i say that she start running straight into the car and take off. And i report the info that she gave me with the fraud check to wellsfargo. It kinda funny how people try to pull all this scam. Lucky enough i'm not stupid and hand over my pink and key. anyhow good luck on your car and for the rest watch out for those fraud

Last edited by SCSJ; 01-31-07 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-31-07, 10:16 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#1 Rule, without payment, a prospective customer may never have the key in hand, without me being less than 5ft away...a 'lil late for my advice though. I hope they find your SC, look on the bright side, if your car was fully insured, then you'll be getting a nice check for its KBB value in the mail!

Quick Reply: YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BELIEVE THIS!!!, haha