SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

CmputerWiz, do you have pics of your MB Quart ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-01, 07:27 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CmputerWiz, do you have pics of your MB Quart ?

hey CmputerWiz, do you still have MB Quart on your front door? Do you have any pics? or pics of entire process when you did it?

I change my mind from Dynaudio and I wanna try MB Quart.
how do you like it?
Thanks
Old 10-18-01, 09:30 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

hey taka, i tried putting in MB quart RSB 5.25 in the front, but it will NOT fit. it made the speaker grill stick out a lot. so i just put in some smaller spearers. the SC fits 4" in the front. i want it louder, so i think i'm going to try some 5 inch or so.
Old 10-21-01, 07:27 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

I'm planning to get Q Series for front, yea it is 5¼" (130mm), i guess I need to work on custom baffle..
Old 10-21-01, 09:05 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

custom baffle? the 5.25 mb quarts won't fit because it will stick out. i even took out the factory "shell". oh well, let me know how it turns out. maybe my installer did a crappy job...
Old 10-22-01, 08:33 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Ya I've got the MB Quarts Q series 5.25"'s in my front doors. I just had to modify the factory box/baffle to make it fit. It didn't stick out or anything. I've got pics of it, but not on this puter (at my dads house). When I get back down to Miami to my puter I can post 'em, but that may be a month.

Wait, I might have them on my laptop in the car, I'll check later. But they do fit.

And they sound AWESOME!!!

"Bean" has seen my install, and you can't tell it's not factory. The tweeters even fit in the factory tweeter holder!

SR
Old 10-22-01, 08:55 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

CmputerWiz, SWEET!
how hard was it to mmodify the factory box/baffle?
Old 10-23-01, 01:30 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Well I did it a half assed way, so it only took a couple minutes. I'd say if you wanted a nice airtight seal still, it'd prolly take 20 or 30min per door. STill not bad if ya ask me!

No pics yet of the speakers....I'm still battling my turbo at the moment

SR
Old 01-12-02, 12:44 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

hey wiz, i'm working on my speaker now. how did you install crossover inside the box? did it fit?
Old 01-14-02, 10:35 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Taka
hey wiz, i'm working on my speaker now. how did you install crossover inside the box? did it fit?
It just fir right inside the thing. I would use some epoxy or silicone to glue it to the back, or what I did was wrapped it with the foam that came out of the box, so it cant tap the sides. Sounds awesome!

SR
Old 01-14-02, 12:38 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

If the factory pod is modified, you can get a 6 1/2 in the door. In stalled focal Kevlars in the door of mine , no problem. Frnt midbass is outstanding now.

Shane
Attached Thumbnails CmputerWiz, do you have pics of your MB Quart ?-door-panel.jpg  
Old 01-14-02, 12:42 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

are you dunning the stock head, amp and rear speakers SSmith? If not what are you running and did you have the Nak head and 12 disc?
Old 01-14-02, 12:50 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Right now I'm running a Nak CD-45 deck, JL Audio 300/4 and 250/1 amp on the Focal set in door and back deck. I've got the new Pioneer DDQ ten in the back deck which surprisingly sounds good. Working on new amp rack right now. Last night I actually cut the center section out of the trunk panel which covers the gas tank and am now attaching the amp rack. Looks like its going to turn out great with only taking up four inches of trunk space. Will post pic's of progression. The nice thing about using the factory panel is at the top were the trunk bars are, the factory piece covers everything. Before I installed the system I did replace the door speakers with the Focals and ran them on the upgraded lexus system. Sounded much better than the factory fours!!!

Shane
Old 01-14-02, 05:19 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Shaaaane, wassup?
-Jon Jon, rap phenomenon, in Japan they call me 'Ichiban!'
LexLuthor numba one!
Old 01-14-02, 11:10 PM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

I finally install the speaker on driver side...it was first time audio installation for me, and it took such a long time.
I have question. There was no space for crossover so I cut the the box(baffle?) and it fits perfectly in there. but since I made the hole on box, I need to close with something like dynamat, right? I need some suggestion.

and also while I was working on speaker, I made cracks on door trim and now it's so loose!!

but when I will work on passenger side, I know I can do better.
Old 01-15-02, 06:08 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Damn lex, thought you'd fell off the face of the earth. Man, I'm thinking maybe we need to do an install manual for this car. I figured out how to use the back panel for amp rack. It was actually easier than building the panel against the tank. If your wanting weight saving, this will work. So far with amp rack and amps, I'm looking at 18 pounds. I took out the foam section next to the right of the spare tire and cut a 1/2 piece of MDF, carpeted and mounted cap and power dist block. Got my cam fixed, so I'm going to post pics soon. Still got that Focal 4 inch combo if your interested. Collecting dust in my closet right now. Did you ever get your converter in??? Had to replace power steering pump last week, this freaking car is going to break me.

Shane

Quick Reply: CmputerWiz, do you have pics of your MB Quart ?