SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

finally my cars out of the bodyshop **PICS**!!! with a little twist (56k go to sleep)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-06, 06:22 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default finally my cars out of the bodyshop **PICS**!!! with a little twist (56k go to sleep)

teaser...excuse the high ISO pics with a lot of fuzz, it was dark i had no choice.

i need to take more pics later or atleast when its clean and i'll post more details in a few.

EDIT: NEW PICS SCROLL DOWN!
Attached Thumbnails finally my cars out of the bodyshop **PICS**!!! with a little twist (56k go to sleep)-resized-kandy.jpg  

Last edited by nysupraman; 09-08-06 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-08-06, 06:36 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nysupraman
teaser...excuse the high ISO pics with a lot of fuzz, it was dark i had no choice.

i need to take more pics later or atleast when its clean and i'll post more details in a few.
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez why did you even post that pic. cant wait to see the car, the picture does look kinda cool all blurry though
Old 09-08-06, 08:53 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Before I show some more of horrible nighttime pics that really don't show the true color with 20layers of dust on it, Id like to thank

Rising_Sun- for hookin me up with the bodyshop
Aliga- for hooking me up with the parts and advice on the rear lip
Din- for help with paint

Some of you may think i bit off a little off of other members, but i added a little of my flavor to it and (hint hint Din's car is no long red and sold) That being said the car is painted House of Kolors Kandy Apple Red, ever since i saw that first pic of Din's car i fell in love with the color. i always wanted to retain somewhat of a stock garnet color I used to have but with a little more shimmer. I also loved the idea of a 97body with an aftermarket lip in the back (thanks gazi) and was looking for just the right size. Most of them were too large to fit with the 97 body. I originally wanted to shave the front emblem and plate but the body guy was never told anyways it's illegal in NY without a plate, and i got the rear spoiler removed as it looks lower and sleeker and got rid of the sc300 emblem. I also want to add a soarer emblem to the right side but am not sure at the moment. The only problem with HOK paint is that once you use there product you have to fully go into their line with same brand sealant, reducer, clear and so on, as i have been warned by others. I have about 5 coats of kandy on the car. It has some imperfections in the paint as it will be buffed next week and wet sanded to make it more shiny and the paint perfect. The fogs also need to wired. The car was in the shop for a month and the battery needed a boost when i bought it home also the fuse blew for the lights and stereo, the lights is fixed now but the stereo everything seems to be fine with the fuse so i dont know, i may need to take it to a audio shop. My front right fender was also replaced as a previous accident never made it perfect once fixed. the front two wheels rubbed hell of a lot when i got home, but bent it using some sticks and poles and what not and its a little better now (baseball bat method). I also removed my pinstripe and nasty door molding and my right hand door is finally fully aligned (also was never fully fixed after my accident). the lower door moldings werent added, and i didn't mold any of the new parts just because i wanted a little bit of an aftermarket feel. i still need 97tails and HID's up front, but broke for now! now the car sits perfectly and i couldn't have been happier with the results!

Onto the pics!
PS: this was done on a budget!

AFTER:

I will take more pics in the daytime and more after it is buffed, the true color can never be shown from the camera.

Last edited by nysupraman; 09-09-06 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-08-06, 09:00 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Default some before pics

BEFORE:

Old 09-08-06, 09:33 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Received 229 Likes on 173 Posts

damn Z....that car is looking like something else now!!

Great job with the mods, looks much classier than before. Believe me, taking off those crap ding guard things makes a world of difference in itself doesnt it?
The paint looks awesome, not too bright red and still retains some of that garnett as you stated. Great look man, HID will set it off perfectly, and the 97 tails will class it even higher. That SC is gonna be turning heads all over campus

edit: dude, leave it spoilerless, your car looks wicked without a wing/spoiler. I'm glad you didn't put it back on
man the only mistake you made was letting them drill into your bumper! You should have told them to fill the holes on the unpainted bumper and not attach the plate and NOT drill new holes in it, you could have used an L bracket on the underside of one of the bumper slits to mount your plate.

Last edited by np20412; 09-08-06 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-08-06, 09:36 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a nice color
Old 09-08-06, 09:51 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Originally Posted by NYLexSC
damn Z....that car is looking like something else now!!

Great job with the mods, looks much classier than before. Believe me, taking off those crap ding guard things makes a world of difference in itself doesnt it?
The paint looks awesome, not too bright red and still retains some of that garnett as you stated. Great look man, HID will set it off perfectly, and the 97 tails will class it even higher. That SC is gonna be turning heads all over campus

edit: dude, leave it spoilerless, your car looks wicked without a wing/spoiler. I'm glad you didn't put it back on
man the only mistake you made was letting them drill into your bumper! You should have told them to fill the holes on the unpainted bumper and not attach the plate and NOT drill new holes in it, you could have used an L bracket on the underside of one of the bumper slits to mount your plate.

thanks raj. no i told them to fill all the holes up front. the shop owner never notified the worker, and it never happened. i was gonna zip tie the plate but it might have scratched the paint, everything happens for a reason i guess. I dont like the L bracket because just incase you parallel park and someone backs into it, it will damage the front bumper regardless. with the plate direcly bolted even though its not clean, even if someone hits my plate, it doesnt damage my paint, if ya get wut i mean!
Old 09-08-06, 11:20 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

get some 97+ lower door moldings to fill that gap...it'll look even nicer!
Old 09-09-06, 02:19 AM
DZLEXIK
Lead Lap

what brand of rear lip is that? im looking for the exact one!...and where can i buy it? car looks really nice with the new paint...good job
Old 09-09-06, 02:36 AM
eskinol
Lead Lap

Cars looking insane!

-esk
Old 09-09-06, 10:27 AM
dinhNER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

more pictures!!!
Old 09-09-06, 11:15 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Lookin' good Now let's see some daytime pics
Old 09-09-06, 12:13 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Default More Pics!

Originally Posted by Seize
Lookin' good Now let's see some daytime pics
your wish is my command! cleaned off the dust a bit

Last edited by nysupraman; 09-09-06 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-09-06, 12:14 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Last edited by nysupraman; 09-09-06 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-10-06, 02:39 AM
FiSta
Lead Lap

that's very nice

Quick Reply: finally my cars out of the bodyshop **PICS**!!! with a little twist (56k go to sleep)