SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How many people have non working factory keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-06, 05:55 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Seems like I should mention this just .... because. You guy's that get tones, but no response do indeed have the remote button in the on position right? It's under the steering column on the dash, a switch.
Yes. But i used my cell phone radio to detect the tone.

My remote works obviously... but the reciever seems like the problem.
Old 12-28-06, 10:35 PM
steelie2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up How do you open the wireless key to replace the battery?

This looks like a great thread for troubleshooting the wireless key on my daughter's 94 SC400 that suddenly quit working. The other wireless key works so I'm guessing it's a bad battery or I need to resolder the antenna connection in the key but either way I need to figure out how to carefully open up the wireless key without breaking it. I've removed the small Phillips screw but the two halves of the key don't seem to come apart and I don't want to force it apart and risk breaking the plastic. What am I doing wrong? What is the trick to safely separating the two halves of the wireless key? Thanks.
Old 12-29-06, 12:09 AM
ineedanSC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by steelie2
This looks like a great thread for troubleshooting the wireless key on my daughter's 94 SC400 that suddenly quit working. The other wireless key works so I'm guessing it's a bad battery or I need to resolder the antenna connection in the key but either way I need to figure out how to carefully open up the wireless key without breaking it. I've removed the small Phillips screw but the two halves of the key don't seem to come apart and I don't want to force it apart and risk breaking the plastic. What am I doing wrong? What is the trick to safely separating the two halves of the wireless key? Thanks.
Use a small flat head and GENTLY go around the seam and GENTLY pry the 2 halves apart, best if the key IS NOT on the ring and when you open it up there is another plastic cover over the circuit board, just basicly do the same as before except there is no screw in it.
Old 01-02-07, 02:59 PM
ineedanSC
Driver School Candidate

I accidently put my battery in wrong then took it out, is that a bad thing?
Old 01-02-07, 06:43 PM
Turbocoop
Rookie

I didnt get a key remote from the dealer when I bought mine, whats the FCC ID for a 95 SC300 anybody?

Is this the cheapest place to get one-- http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetai...CategoryID=22?

The dealership here said $232 + $40 for programming...

Last edited by Turbocoop; 01-02-07 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-02-07, 07:10 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
Yes. But i used my cell phone radio to detect the tone.

My remote works obviously... but the reciever seems like the problem.
since the button controls the receiver, that puts the cell issue on moot.

(LOL, on "moot")
Old 01-02-07, 07:31 PM
Turbocoop
Rookie

Is the FCC ID for 1995s HYQ1512A ???
Old 01-04-07, 03:55 AM
noodleboy
Driver School Candidate

here's a wierd one...

my keyless entry only works now if the key is touching the car.

i can place the end of the key on the rear window, press the keyless button and the doors lock/unlock.

yet, if i stand right next to the drivers door with the key inches away it won't work.
Old 01-04-07, 03:57 AM
noodleboy
Driver School Candidate

sorry...

1996 ES 300.
Old 01-04-07, 09:15 AM
one_guapo
Driver School Candidate

Default key pad well not lock and unlock door

i have a is200 1999 model its left hand drive,i notice last week my only and master key pad was acting up, this week it didnt work at all, so i changed the battery, the red light is functioning on my key but the car is still not locking and unlocking the door but iam able to starte the engine,i did the radio 95.1 fm and it made the funny sound when i press the key pad,i check the 3 box fuses all good and the dome light and lighter is working, i disconnect the battery to reset it still not working, any one knows where the transmitter to unlock and lock by using the keypads?is their any other fuses to check? pls help their no lexus dealer in the philippines,tried to ask toyota ,they wouldnt even touch my car. help help
Old 01-07-07, 08:41 AM
Turbocoop
Rookie

I just got my title in the mail from the dealership, and they sent me the oem key with the remote. Its got a big chunk out of it and no button but it works fine. Does anyone sell just the shell for one of these keys?
Old 01-12-07, 02:54 PM
zakkubin
Driver School Candidate

So I never realized I had wirless entry untill I found the remote on/off switch. When I bought the car it only came with a non marked key. So I called Lexus and they told me it would be 75 dollars for just a key & 303 for the wireless one +90 dollars to program it. Also there is no refund it it doesn't work.
http://www.lexus-parts.com/partdetai...CategoryID=22?
This site has the key for 151. Is this the cheapest way to buy one? Then just take it to a locksmith who can program it & cut it?
Old 09-10-07, 11:03 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Great thread- thanks, Brian!

The 2 of my 4 keys that have keyless entry (how many of you have all 4 original keys?) have risen from the dead, and all it took was some new batteries.

But it was a rocky road - a few tips from my experience (1992 keys):

- The easiest way to gently open the key to access the battery is to use a sharp knife, wedge it into the upper part of the key (near the key chain hole) on the button side of the key, and twist.

- I was not very observant when I dropped in the new battery. Initially I just dropped it in, thinking the (+) contact automatically touches the side, like a Swatch watch- it doesn't. You need to lift up that outer tab and slide the battery under it so that the tab contacts the top (+) side of the battery.

- I bought a new Energizer 1216 that was DOA. I only discovered it by touching a volt meter to it and got zero. So when troubleshooting your keyless problem, don't assume that new battery you just bought is good.

Also, my keys would not unlock my car (or affect the radio at 95.1) unless the battery is fully juiced up. My old battery read about 2.5 volts or so, which you would think would still work (albeit weakly). But I got nada until I used a fully-charged 1216.
Old 09-11-07, 07:54 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 96 I bought will not work, Tried to put it in program mode using 97 instructions didnt respond. Also was going to a 97 remote, not sure if it would work. Could be it doesnt have the original ECU?
Old 09-11-07, 09:26 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Would you believe my original batteries still work after 15 years?

gadgetSC

Quick Reply: How many people have non working factory keyless entry?