SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How many people have non working factory keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-12, 08:00 AM
Zeke21
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This may be some help for those with earlier year SC's. I recently got my system working again. The chips inside my keys went bad not to mention the condition of the keys themselves were bad too. My DIY below is only good for those that know there chips in the key are bad or if they just need new keys and want to keep the the master keys.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-location.html
Old 04-15-12, 05:23 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bumping for a possibly answer. intermitently my remote locks the doors on its own. also most of the time i have to hit the unlock button 4+ times to get the passenger side to unlock. i know the lock is in proper operating condition

this is on a 96 sc300 with the key seperate from the remote entry
Old 06-04-12, 10:18 AM
triumph013
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 95 SC300. I am having a problem with my keyless entry, and instead of posting a new thread I figured I would post it here. At first the problem was intermittent, now it doesn't work at all. I did the test (lock/unlock 10 times, press the button on the remote continuously for 10 secs) and nothing happens, which means there is a problem on the car side. During the first test, you have to check voltage between two of the wires on the connector on the wireless door lock ecu with the wireless door lock switch on and off, but I don't have a switch. Where I'm assuming the switch is supposed to be, there is just a plug. The voltage reads less than 1, which is the correct voltage for the switch being off, so should I assume somehow the system was turned off even though there is no switch? It was working correctly when I first got the car.

Also, my wireless ECU is different than the one pictured in this thread. It is a small black box, with no PROM location. The service manual I have on my computer lists the procedure for the other ECU, does anyone know if the procedure is different?
Old 07-26-12, 10:05 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

All fixed..

Isn't there supposed to be a beep or light flash to let you know the car is locked as you walk away from the car?

In case anyone was wondering, mine would only lock/unlock at close range and all I did was re solder and now it works as far as I can hear the car unlock.
Old 07-30-12, 08:32 AM
DaBunny
Driver School Candidate

No, there is no tacky beep or headlight flash; however locking the door initiates the security system, so if you're near the car, you can check the dash to be sure the red light is on (it will be solid for approx. 30 seconds; after that, it will flash until the system is disarmed).

Originally Posted by Kris9884
All fixed..

Isn't there supposed to be a beep or light flash to let you know the car is locked as you walk away from the car?

In case anyone was wondering, mine would only lock/unlock at close range and all I did was re solder and now it works as far as I can hear the car unlock.
Old 07-30-12, 05:04 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I gotta reinstall a battery in mine; the cars new (to me) so I dunno yet.
Old 08-06-12, 01:03 AM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just installed the battery in mine. It works.
It's not as great as more modern system though.
I'll prolly upgrade soon enough.
Old 10-06-12, 03:24 PM
TJA
Driver School Candidate

Default key how do get plastic off to look at inards

Originally Posted by O. L. T.

in your picture - I was able to get the plastic cover off the key but once I opened it up I can't get the plastic off that shows the stuff that you picture shows - how do I get that off?
Old 11-30-12, 10:37 AM
JJPeds
Driver School Candidate

Default Keyless entry problems

For the past month I've been having entry problems. They've been sporadic and entail both entry and starting the car at times. I have two sets of keys which both behave the same way at the same time. With that said, I'm sure that this is not a battery or programming issue.

I have been told by the dealership service dept. that there have been numerous daily call from people living in my neighborhood. It is supposedly due to a new police antenna in the area sending out an interfering signal. I've had the same model car in this area over the past decade and never experienced this problem before. I have been told by the dealership that Lexus is aware of the problem and is working on a fix, but there is no current solution and no time frame.

I've started keeping a log of where and when the key malfunctions in order to verify that it is location specific.
Old 05-02-13, 04:48 AM
mickesanda
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Range

I am able to lock/unlock from 5 feet away. After successful lock i see the red light flashing.
My only problem is the range. I tried to resolder and i'm quite confident that i did a good job, however range is unchanged.
Any suggestions on alternative actions? (Other than buying aftermarket stuff)
Thank you in advance,
/mike

P.S. Thank you O.L.T. for a nice write-up

20130503: I resoldered my spare key as well and it improved the range to about 10 yards.
/mike

Last edited by mickesanda; 05-02-13 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-12-13, 03:08 PM
Khaos
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My girlfriend accidentally washed my '92 SC300 keys in the washing machine. I put the key in a bag of rice overnight and tried it out the next day and the keyless entry worked one time, then stopped working. I replaced the battery, but it still wouldn't work. I opened up the key and checked the soldering connections and they looked ok. Any other ideas on how to fix the key or am i screwed?
Old 06-13-13, 04:01 PM
zzobeyyzz
Driver

Mine does not work I want it too work really bad. Saw an sc400 in front of me at the gas station and had keyless entry ! What a badass
Old 08-20-13, 12:32 AM
Uhhhsc300
Rookie

Anyone know where to get a uncut sc key with keyless button? If at all possible lol
Old 08-20-13, 10:05 AM
SC3coupe
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Uhhhsc300
Anyone know where to get a uncut sc key with keyless button? If at all possible lol
Yes you can order than from Sewell, but they only sell sets of 2.. ?? You may have to call them to ask if you can just get one. They can also cut it for you, unless you like to pay additional $70 at your local dealer to have them cut it
you will also get a new chip to put in your security ECU so the frequency match.
Old 08-21-13, 01:00 AM
Uhhhsc300
Rookie

Oh cool I just looked that up. Thank you. The one lame thing about working at Toyota is they don't have a Lexus catalog. So I gotta call Lexus or search part numbers, then they can order them.

Quick Reply: How many people have non working factory keyless entry?