SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New Project, daily driver...

Old 04-17-06, 06:33 PM
Streetking
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Project, daily driver...

As much as I enjoy driving my '96 SC400 everyday, I decided to build a turbo SC300 with a automatic. I bought a one owner(lady) '97 SC300 with 50k original miles. I have been looking around for a nice white one and came across this one. I'm going with a Boost Logic NA-T kit, 61 turbo, built automatic, convertor, AEM, Tein Coilovers, 19" CCW SP500s ect. Chris@Perfomance Motorsports is doing all the work like always. Should be a fun daily driver, alot less of a beast like the blk '97.. The motor was pulled on Sat. and I hope to have it running by the weekend.. Here are a few pics..

SW

Old 04-17-06, 06:38 PM
soarer5780
Lead Lap

wow...........
good luck with everything hope all goes well.
Old 04-17-06, 06:39 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

that's awesome man...i'm too afraid to get my hood popped in Cali to be boosting around town...

I thought the 96 SC400 was for your daughter?

Another beautiful ride to your huge stable...
Old 04-17-06, 06:40 PM
xamxeed
Driver School Candidate

That is one spotless engine bay. I cant wait to see the finished project.
Old 04-17-06, 07:14 PM
Streetking
Driver

Thanks for the props guys..

ACleanSC4, I ended up getting her a Yukon and kept the '96 SC for me to drive. I really love that car. Now she wants me to sell her Yukon and keep the '96 for her..

I'm really having a hard time choosing the right wheels for it. I have some CCW Sp500's coming, but really want something with less maintainence, any ideas?? I would like 18s or maybe 19's..

SW
Old 04-17-06, 07:18 PM
olmytsi
Lead Lap

Did you sell the 10 sec sc300 in your sig?
Old 04-17-06, 07:25 PM
Streetking
Driver

Originally Posted by olmytsi
Did you sell the 10 sec sc300 in your sig?
Yes, I sold it to a friend of mine, but I'm getting it back next week. He never drives it, only 75 miles since I sold it to him..

SW
Old 04-17-06, 07:31 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey SW, good to see you arround again. did you manage to brake Chris' record this past winter? last i heard, you were waiting for it to cool down. so you say this one is a new one all together? you need to update your sig. for a sec, i thought you were tearing apart the 400. i really need to know something.. how do you get your cars that clean? you should post a huge thread in the detailing forum and let us all in on your secrets. deffinately looking forward to what this car will offer, and be sure to keep us posted. as for wheels, why not try a VIP style look? perhapse some low offset 5spoke works like the equips or go big with work euroline dh, or euroline sl? with the right drop, a nice set of 19s would look amazing.
Old 04-17-06, 07:31 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far you've done GREAT selecting wheels for your rides.. I would stick with the CCWs.

Great project, please let me know how much a real price for a project like this would be. I have pretty much the exact same car just a different color and want the same thing done. Chris quoted me something like $7000 for the turbo kit installed, but you're having more than just that done.

Thanks!
J
Old 04-17-06, 07:32 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You bastage! You know we all hate you lol naw we love you man. What a pimp
Old 04-17-06, 07:35 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

WOW thats a clean car, nice find cant wait to see it finished
Old 04-17-06, 07:38 PM
Drocay
Pole Position

looks amazing, if its that clean in engine bay i can't even imagine the outside.
Old 04-17-06, 07:42 PM
Streetking
Driver

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
hey SW, good to see you arround again. did you manage to brake Chris' record this past winter? last i heard, you were waiting for it to cool down. so you say this one is a new one all together? you need to update your sig. for a sec, i thought you were tearing apart the 400. i really need to know something.. how do you get your cars that clean? you should post a huge thread in the detailing forum and let us all in on your secrets. deffinately looking forward to what this car will offer, and be sure to keep us posted. as for wheels, why not try a VIP style look? perhapse some flush 5spoke works like the equips or go big with work euroline dh, or euroline sl? with the right drop, a nice set of 19s would look amazing.
I sold the black SC a while back, so I never took it to the track. I will be getting it back so maybe then. Chris just finished my Viper TT project, we will be going to the dyno soon. Should make 1300 or so.

Anyway, back to my wheel question, the more I think about it, the more I don't want polished wheels for a daily driver. Painted or chrome will work. Also, I really don't need expensive wheels on my daily driver. Give me some help guys! I don't want to wait 3-4 weeks for wheels, I went to tire rack and saw whats available. Anyone seen the Kazera's on a SC? They have them instock...

SW
Old 04-17-06, 07:56 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Streetking
I sold the black SC a while back, so I never took it to the track. I will be getting it back so maybe then. Chris just finished my Viper TT project, we will be going to the dyno soon. Should make 1300 or so.

Anyway, back to my wheel question, the more I think about it, the more I don't want polished wheels for a daily driver. Painted or chrome will work. Also, I really don't need expensive wheels on my daily driver. Give me some help guys! I don't want to wait 3-4 weeks for wheels, I went to tire rack and saw whats available. Anyone seen the Kazera's on a SC? They have them instock...

SW
I'm thrilled with my RUFF wheels. They don't cost much and are GREAT plus you won't find a staggered effect like them anywhere near the price... Also you won't pay more than $2000 for a set of 18's or 19's" with tires

IMHO that is

Last edited by IronCobra; 04-17-06 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-17-06, 09:17 PM
nasc300
Lead Lap

Talking about these wheels

Nice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Project, daily driver...