SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

sc300 ground wire diagram?

Old 04-15-15, 12:36 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have any issues; I don't even notice any differences to be honest.
I'm just wondering if how I've done it is any good, and wanna know what others have done.
I'd feel more certain about the places I choose to ground if I saw some commonality between other users.
I'm starting to think I should replace that head-ground, to the block somewhere (if I can find a spot), and instead of using the same point for the transmission at #4, I should just use the other end of that little box instead. I mean, it's the same metal, and would appear a bit cleaner over all.

I dunno, but yeah, I haven't noticed a thing, lol.

Last edited by SEIDO; 04-15-15 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-15-15, 06:31 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

So I've made some changes.
I went ahead and repositioned the wire on Item #4 to the rear bolt; it looks much cleaner now.
The only thing is, I can't find a place on that same side of the engine to connect to the block.
There's one bolt that's a possibility, but it's connected to something else, like a mount of some sort; so it wouldn't be directly onto the block like I'd prefer (I'm talking about the head-connection I'd like repositioned, so it's not running over-top of the valve cover).

I also got under the car to show you the wire connected (from Item #4) to the transmission.
I've found an OEM ground from the tranny to the frame, and now I'm wondering if my setups okay, or should I use that other ground-point instead?

Here are some pics ... And I've removed the ATI Sticker, lol.

I think that's the starter; am I right? This bolt is where it mounts on part of the tranny.

The wire up-top is now on the rear bolt instead. Originally (see previous post) it was doubled up on the first bolt in front. I didn't like how it looked.

Here's that OEM ground-point I noticed on the transmission.

It swings over to the left, mounting to the frame.

Last edited by SEIDO; 04-15-15 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-28-15, 03:50 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

So I've gone ahead and purchased another ground kit from the same manufacturer (D1 Spec) only the one they sent was slightly more yellow than the previous set of wires ... Whatever. However, I've been able to ground two more points as a result; so I've included the valve cover, and connected the alternator point (on the chassis) to where the OEM wires had been grounded on the side of the frame, originally. I found a small mounting point on the side there and didn't know what it was for; so I installed the new distribution block there, so that I can connect items on that side of the engine bay to the frame o the car. So basically, for the sake of neatness, since I don't want a bunch of wires snaking around, I divided the engine bay in half, and did the nearest points on the driver-side directly to the battery, and the nearest points in the pass.-side directly to the chassis. Does this make sense? I thought it did; I mean I don't need to have everything on the battery, right? It's a system.
So I think I only have the T-Case, and the Exhaust remaining, but I dunno where to mount the wires ...

In sum, I now have:

Battery to Frame (OEM Wire)
Alternator to Frame
Valve Cover to Frame
Battery to Ignitor
Ignitor to Tranny to Starter
Battery to Intake Manifold (2x)
Battery to Head

Any suggestions, comments???

Opposite Distribution Blocks

Frame Connection