Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

So your door handle doesnt work - DIY w/ pics

Old 12-30-13, 06:12 AM   #286
masterff
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

My door won't open from either the outside or inside on the rear of my LS430.

A lot of the threads I see of faulty actuators are with the door being able to be opened. Mine won't open at all.

I can feel resistance when pulling on the interior cable, but when the door unlocks the actuator does make a grinding noise.

I can also see a brass arm with a spring attached that seems to go down when it's trying to unlock.

Any suggestions?

thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
masterff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-14, 10:04 AM   #287
lilSCsteve
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (58)

Bumping an old, but very useful thread. I just fixed my passenger door lock this past weekend. Thanks CL.

steve
lilSCsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 06:04 PM   #288
SlowC400
Driver School Candidate

TH3 CREATIVE

Is there a Door open sensor? My chimer and lights wont turn off when the door is shut so i had to pull the Fuse. where is it and what does it look like?
SlowC400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 12:44 PM   #289
macken3
Driver School Candidate

Hey I know this thread hasn't really been active for a while but if someone could give me some help that would be awesome! I have a broken metal arm thing so I need to replace the entire assembly, I found a couple of SCs at pick n pulls so I'm gonna go see if I can grab a working assembly. I was just wondering if anyone had a pic of the whole assembly and knows what tools I need other than a screwdriver to get it out? When I took my door apart the arm had already fallen to the bottom so I didn't get to see what the intact assembly looks like.
macken3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 01:57 PM   #290
t2d2
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier58 View Post
I actually think those numbers are wrong. I think 050 and 060 are the correct numbers.
Comparing the pictures side by side, they appear to be extremely similar. 050/060 seems to have a slightly shorter neck than 030/040 on the right angle portion, but that's the only difference I can see. Both appear to be general Toyota parts used across a variety of vehicles. I'm guessing 050/060 is a newer version. If so, it should fit a space designed for the longer necked ones on our older SCs.

The pic in the first post of this thread looks closer to the proportions of the 030/040 neck.
Old 09-16-14, 09:42 PM   #291
SlvrSpruce
Driver School Candidate

Default Replaced snap, now lock doesn't work?

First of all awesome thread. I had a broken plastic snap in passenger door of '92 SC400 and i just replaced it today ($3 at local Toyota). But now....when i lock my doors and try to open the passenger side from the outside, the first try (pull) seems to unlock it, because on the second try it will open. Seems pretty odd... Any idea why this might be happening?
SlvrSpruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-14, 09:52 PM   #292
t2d2
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrSpruce View Post
First of all awesome thread. I had a broken plastic snap in passenger door of '92 SC400 and i just replaced it today ($3 at local Toyota). But now....when i lock my doors and try to open the passenger side from the outside, the first try (pull) seems to unlock it, because on the second try it will open. Seems pretty odd... Any idea why this might be happening?
I would guess a rod is bent or a clip not quite in position, or something along those lines to where the first pull of the handle gets it lined up properly. Maybe have someone open the handle while you're looking at the internal mechanisms with the door panel off? You might be able to do it yourself with the door open (can't really do it with the window rolled down, as that blocks your line of sight) and reaching around to the handle.
Old 10-12-14, 01:30 PM   #293
Bouncer
Driver School Candidate

Bouncer44mag Scott Van Der Veer
Send a message via Skype™ to Bouncer

My passenger door just became an air handle. I fixed the driver door a while back. You could still open the passenger door from the inside until yesterday. Now it seems jammed and will not open from inside. Is this a different problem??

Last edited by Bouncer; 10-12-14 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: added more info.
Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-14, 01:30 PM

Tags
1992, doesnt, door, handle, hks, inside, jim, ky, lexus, open, power, sc400, sealed, slim, tool, wont, work