SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-10, 08:36 AM
LexFather

If you feel a post is offensive please report it using the exclamation point at the bottom left.

I will be hanging out here with my broom the next couple of weeks
Old 11-11-10, 08:43 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've noticed that you've been around a lot lately. My bad about that post.
Old 11-11-10, 08:53 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
I've noticed that you've been around a lot lately. My bad about that post.
That was actually me But we're watching a lot more closely and looking for some good case studies to help turn things back around .
Old 11-11-10, 08:56 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Please do Dave. The forum is falling apart if you ask me.
Old 11-11-10, 08:57 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
If you feel a post is offensive please report it using the exclamation point at the bottom left.

I will be hanging out here with my broom the next couple of weeks
Originally Posted by DaveGS4
That was actually me But we're watching a lot more closely and looking for some good case studies to help turn things back around .

No disrespect so please dont take it that way but after reading ur guys posts this is what came to my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1plPyJdXKIY
Old 11-11-10, 09:59 AM
LexFather

REGULATORS!!!!

Old 11-11-10, 03:22 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
Please do Dave. The forum is falling apart if you ask me.
I agree 100 percent.

I am relatively new here and dont get me wrong i really like it.

But there is too much bickering and arguing over minor issues, the sense of community is barely noticable to be honest.

I wrote a simple thread regarding a simple question and it turned into a big argument and fight becuase i used spacers to seperate my questions and points.

Ridiculous
Old 11-13-10, 07:53 AM
StrongSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chiming in

I'm probably one of the newbiest of the newbies... to this site that is. I just picked up an SC 400 from an old friend. I'm hungry for knowledge. I read the stickies; they're great. This is a very well organized and managed site. I'm happy you are concerned with maintaining the quality. I introduced myself on the new members page and posted a couple of pictures.

After reading some of the posts and replies I have become reluctant to post any questions. I've been around the block a few times in life and don't need any demeaning replies from long time members who seem to have no patience with us new comers.

I'll continue to lurk around and pick up information to help me maintain and modify my new toy.

Nice website!

Thanks

Warren
Old 11-13-10, 08:18 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Guys please help us out by using the report a post button on any potential issues you see.

We're adding some new moderators soon but there is an awful lot of content on CL to review and we don't see it all with only about 25 active moderators and 135,000 members. We rely on members to help raise the flag when there is a problem and thank you for your help.

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
I wrote a simple thread regarding a simple question and it turned into a big argument and fight becuase i used spacers to seperate my questions and points.

Ridiculous
*****, to be fair you participated in the argument and helped escalate the situation with name calling and cursing, causing your thread to be shut down and infractions handed out.

As said above, please do your part by staying out of the issue and letting the moderator team do our job when there is a brewing problem. Don't be part of the problem.
Old 11-14-10, 07:06 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Happy to know that you are adding more mods to the board. Wish I was one. For some reason I'm addicted to this board.
Old 11-29-10, 04:09 PM
goldSC400
Driver School Candidate

I've been around a while mostly just reading other members posts and such. Although about two weeks ago I posted a question as to why my car wasn't running and the responses I got were all very helpful. These guys really helped me out me out alot and were all more than happy to help out a newbie. Just thought I'd ad my 2 cents about this forum.
Old 12-04-10, 06:23 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

Guys please help us out by using the report a post button on any potential issues you see.

We're adding some new moderators soon but there is an awful lot of content on CL to review and we don't see it all with only about 25 active moderators and 135,000 members. We rely on members to help raise the flag when there is a problem and thank you for your help.

*****, to be fair you participated in the argument and helped escalate the situation with name calling and cursing, causing your thread to be shut down and infractions handed out.

As said above, please do your part by staying out of the issue and letting the moderator team do our job when there is a brewing problem. Don't be part of the problem.
Dave you are 100% correct.

I did escalate the situation and i did not act maturely.

I was just so mad that I was being basically insulted and put down for no reason at all--I mean all i did was ask peoples opinion on a simple manner.

Anyways I went to far and if I see a certain person or two I think I owe them an apology ---but I think people need to definitely slow down with the negative stuff--it just causes negativity and there is no need for it.

It is not what a community is supposed to be.

Thanks
Old 03-12-11, 08:41 AM
Tee Why
Driver School Candidate

I was around for a while and now I'm back...because i need a fender asap lol. So consider this me contributing again.

I'm not a huge car guy. I do love my SC300 though.
Old 03-15-11, 03:16 PM
McDonough
Rookie

No doubt....clean this up...it's too easy to be civil.
Old 03-21-11, 11:19 AM
Weeble46
Driver School Candidate

Smile

A Message to ALL SC Forum Members:

Over the last few months the moderator team has noticed a growing issue with the SC forum.... it's losing its sense of community. The SC crew has nearly always been mature, helped each other out and worked through their differences like adults.

However, lately there has been an increase in unprovoked personal attacks, rude comments and a general lack of respect for one another. It's not all from the new members; the OG's are sometimes drawn into it as well.

These activities will not continue. We will regain our sense of community, starting now.

HOW? We're going to accomplish this on in two ways...

Stop the bleeding
1) informing members of this request, asking for their help
2) increased moderator presence and attention in the SC forum
3) use of temporary 24 hour or 1 week ban from the forum as cool off periods after ignoring warnings
4) permanent bans for continued offenses against our community rules

Resuscitate the breathing
1) implementation of an expanded set of forum rules (click here to review them)
2) better communication of use of the search feature to new joiners in their welcome email
3) nomination new moderators to help monitor the SC forum and help members
4) implementation of the SC FAQ forum to help cut down on the repetitive Q&A

WE NEED YOUR HELP
I'd like to ask each and every one to stop telling new members to 'use search' without helping them search by also telling them what keywords to look for and giving them a couple of links to helpful threads.

Give a warm welcome to ALL new members, not just the new female members.

Help others. Yes we're tired of the same questions and the dreaded "how much is this SC worth" daily post. Take turns answering them . Cut & paste the same thoughtful response and links you took time to write up last time.

Thicken your skin, be 'better than that'. Don't respond angrily to a rude post. Rise above it or don't respond.

If you get a temporary 24 hour or one week ban, please take the warning seriously. Don't come back angry and complaining and don't pick up in the same thread doing the same thing. We're using this method to try and provide 'cooling off' time when needed. Warnings sent in private and public just don't seem to be doing enough to discourage some of the recent behaviour here... we will show some folks the door if they can't participate in a mature manner that enhances our community instead of destroying it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this message. We'll accept feedback on this thread for a short while, then it will be pruned and left as a sticky in this forum for a period of time.
Hello
I no longer visit this forum because i sold my SC last year.Bought a E55 and lovin it.But i would like to say that this forum has been very helpful to me in the past.The knowledge that i gained is priceless and i make an effort to share it with anybody that i see that owns an SC.I did have a problem in the past with certain indivivuals on this forum but i did issue an apology to all members for the behavior that i exhibited.I would ask that you discountinue my subscription effective immediately.I would like you to wish you and all of the members the best.

Quick Reply: PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.