SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.

Old 11-10-05, 09:40 PM
BigManne
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have not been here that long so i guess i don't know how the fourms use to be. just so people know i will say random things at any given time. its how i break up the tention sometimes. so don't freak out when i say somthing that doesn't apply to anything. its just how i am.
Old 11-11-05, 04:14 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
i feel like im on jerry springer... i have an anger posting problem. i too need to appologize to my fellow members. although most of my negative posts were directed to a certian person who hapens to be a good friend..( i know, its wierd)
Good point Ki... I noticed that all of us at one time or another have taken personal issues to the posts rather than the pm..Thats a good lesson for all to keep the posts on topic by not bringing personal problems into a thread "UNLESS" the thread was specifically designed for that purpose

Last edited by legendary; 11-14-05 at 07:32 AM. Reason: adjusted quote (left off "[/")...no changes made to text
Old 11-11-05, 12:44 PM
93 LS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I'm going to leave this 'un-stuck' at first as I think it gets more views that way.

I've noticed a change myself and am glad someone has come in to try and correct the problem.

- look foward to things getting back to the way they were.
Old 11-11-05, 01:18 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

hey dave what about this ongoing feud between two certain members driving the same colour 1jz powered sc's in disney town..
Old 11-11-05, 01:51 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cherplex
hey dave what about this ongoing feud between two certain members driving the same colour 1jz powered sc's in disney town..
They are "brothers"
Old 11-11-05, 09:15 PM
ki_soarer
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its a lot like a sibling rivalry... i think the outcome is known by all... but we gotta give the underdog a chance... it will end when one of them is in the 12s they next time they go to the track.
Old 11-11-05, 09:20 PM
MongooseGA
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ki_soarer
its a lot like a sibling rivalry... i think the outcome is known by all... but we gotta give the underdog a chance... it will end when one of them is in the 12s they next time they go to the track.
I should paint my car Garnet, move to FLA, propose that I do a 1JZ swap, and see how many hate letters I get in my mail box from the local club members!

I think, to keep members and mods from suspecting serious conflict, that the two 'brothers' should use more smilies in their posts to reveal their true, humorous intentions
Old 11-11-05, 10:17 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by codetoad
They are "brothers"
Yeah they did the pinkie swear and everything

(I don't care who you are, that's funny right there)
Old 11-12-05, 10:49 AM
JZSoarerQT
Driver

I think its great! Being new...I hate coming to a board thats full of haters and people who are quick to talk smack.....

I come here for help and inspiration....
Old 11-12-05, 11:50 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey, where's Manaray...we need him to spread some love.

JK Manaray...where ever you are.
Old 11-13-05, 11:27 AM
LexusPunk
Pole Position

This is great! The community feel is why I joined...now, if I could befriend or even find some SC owners/members in St. Louis.
Old 11-14-05, 07:34 AM
legendary
Racer

It is awesome that the feedback here is so positive. Let's get it on the right track.....

working together, we cannot be stopped
Old 12-16-05, 03:14 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

Arrow

man, i hope people really start to read this thread, i just took a look at the sc300/sc400 sections on emeralds car... its getting worse, LOT of personal attacks ...
Old 12-16-05, 05:23 PM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 106 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400T
Great work Dave... I am excited about the future of the SC forum, because I know you and everyone who loves this forum will work to keep it the at the top of the heap
  • always treat each member as we want to be treated
  • remember to be helpful, no smart alek comments
  • keep the jokes clean
  • practice patience
  • make "beef" comments offline
  • PM people whom you have an issue with and attempt to settle those offline
  • feel free to speak your honest opinions, but do it conscientiously
  • be friendly, be happy, and enjoy the forum and its members and knowledge!!

Just some suggestions...

Ryan
i think ryan has said it the best.

dave,
i've been on a personal mission to be more of a MEMBER & contribute by posting replies to tech problems. in the past i would refrain for fear of being flamed if i got on the wrong track. i've been doing this a long, long time & i wanted to pass on some theory's & info. as you well know its difficult to diagnose in this manner. a lot of info gets lost in the time between the car & the screen before your face. so dont bash, we are all here to help each other.

i'd like to see something implimented for all these open/unresolved repair threads. theres nothing worse than reading a 8 page thread w/ no ending. i cant beleave theres 10,000 cars riding around w/ noises, leaks, etc. since everyone should be searching before posting a new question, we need to make their search worth while. i considered doing a year end bump to all the threads i'm subscribed to that are still open, but that could get really annoying to others.

just a thought
john
Old 12-16-05, 06:20 PM
21ce
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Post great topic!

the kind community is what really keeps me so interested in this forum.... and the fact that the moderators are so responsive is freakin amazing, i still haven't gotten a response from the dsm forum....it's been a year... anyways, i agree with the above post that it is annoying having the same ? asked over and over again, but one thing i did like about the dsm forum, that they changed to because it wasn't originally like this, is similar to what the moderator said in the beg.
+be respectful
+if you don't have an answer or don't have a nice response...don't post.

lol like when i posted about emeralds sc in the modified a few weeks ago.... someone simply said that i was a month too late... very painless and not rude in any way... and it was shortly closed after that... that kind of respect and attentiveness, from both the mod and community, is what this forum is about! i haven't been here too long so i know i can't say much but i really do like this forum and would hate to see it go downhill!! KEEP IT UP GUYS!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PLEASE READ: Re-establishing a sense of community in the SC forum.