SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

JIC magic twins

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-05, 06:08 PM
Nitekids
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not saying everyone needs to roll super wide wheels w/ the more insane offset possible and needing to pull the fender, run a super streched tire and massive negative camber to fit the wheel.

A simple rolling of the fender and a much lower agressive offset and not as fat of a tire for clerance gives a car a night and day difference of appearance.
Old 04-29-05, 06:18 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nitekids
I'm not saying everyone needs to roll super wide wheels w/ the more insane offset possible and needing to pull the fender, run a super streched tire and massive negative camber to fit the wheel.

A simple rolling of the fender and a much lower agressive offset and not as fat of a tire for clerance gives a car a night and day difference of appearance.
I can attest to that. This bastard made my car even better after I added spacers in the front and the back as well as having the rear fenders pulled/rolled.
Old 04-29-05, 07:02 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAristo
I can attest to that. This bastard made my car even better after I added spacers in the front and the back as well as having the rear fenders pulled/rolled.

him and oneton on VIPstyle cars inspired me to get my wheels at the sizes and offsets they are...
Old 04-29-05, 08:49 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc400texas
Have you ever seen his 240? He knows about wheel fittment- you could say he is the wheel-**** - laying down the law while informing many of the clueless US tuners about proper wheel fittment (even though these guys are in the UK)- hopefully people will start taking notice and think about fittment more when purchasing wheels.
I dont care what car he has...its the smartass comments that tick me off!
Old 04-29-05, 08:59 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pirate400
I dont care what car he has...its the smartass comments that tick me off!
does truth hurt? more often than not, he has a point, its just that he doesn't mask his opinion and comments with needless praises at the same time-

don't fight it, just accept it

oh and his car does matter- he proves to alot of people that wheel fittment and the correct drop does wonders- (even though he has a kit) his wheel fittment sets it apart from most cars in the US.

Its a shame that the 240 crowd seems to understand wheel fittment more than alot of the Lexus guys.
Old 04-29-05, 09:18 PM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc400texas

Its a shame that the 240 crowd seems to understand wheel fittment more than alot of the Lexus guys.
Not all of them actually, there are 240's with 40 offsets, now thats just retarded and like Pirate400 said, enough with his smart@ss comments.
Old 04-30-05, 03:05 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Nitekids
Seems like he is more concerned with appearance then the actual handling of the car.
Old 04-30-05, 06:05 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gamer
Seems like he is more concerned with appearance then the actual handling of the car.
Not quite- I have seen videos of this car drifting at Irwindale, however, they are down right now- when I find them again, I will link them- for the time being, how about his suspension mods?

Kei Office XR
Nismo power brace
Do-luck steel rear cross bar
Cusco front strut bar
Nismo Rear strut bar
Battle Version Adjustible tension rods
Subframe Spacers
Cusco Front Sway bar
Cusco Rear Sway bar
Tanabe Sustec Pillow Toe Rod
Tanabe Sustec Rear Pillow Upperlink
Tanabe Sustec Pillow Camber Arm
Peak Performance tierods
KTS Tierod ends
Nismo Steerinngrack bushings

Front:
SSR Professor SP1 (black face)
18x9 +5 w/ Falken FK451

Rear
SSR Professor SP1 (black face)
18x10.5 +5 w/ Falken FK451
Old 04-30-05, 09:41 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

I am curious what does he recommend then ?
Old 04-30-05, 10:17 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

I am curious what does he recommend then ?
how crazy do you want to go- if you just want flush to the fender, or do you want big lip, streched tires, pulled fenders... I will let him chime in- but he will need some direction for him to recomend something.
Old 04-30-05, 10:35 AM
Gamer
Pole Position

Let's just say flushed to the fender, big lip, slight drop, no stretched tyres and no rolled fenders.

Not that I need it, mine are fine. I am just curious what he recommends.

You can't go all crazy over here (UK) with seriously dropped rides. The only thing you will end up slamming is yourself and your car to bits. The roads are crap, It is not like Cali, the roads there are like glass compared to here. I know I lived in Laguna Beach for a few years.
Old 04-30-05, 10:58 AM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

They both look very nice!
Old 04-30-05, 02:42 PM
Nitekids
Rookie

Let's just say flushed to the fender, big lip, slight drop, no stretched tyres and no rolled fenders.
Sorry can't help you there.

You want flush wheels but you don't want streched tires or to roll your fenders.

Oh looks liike you can't have "biglip either" because in order to get big lip you are going to need some low agressive offset but then again you don't wanna roll your fender or run the required tire to make it happen.
Old 04-30-05, 03:44 PM
Gamer
Pole Position

Sorry but I don't get what you are saying....

My set-up sits flush and I have big lip and my tyres are not stretched. I do not have to run some low aggressive offset.
Old 05-01-05, 06:09 AM
Driver

Cool

Well here ya go, taken in some rare English sunshine

http://www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/...&threadid=6146

The airsus is slammed and it throws out the camber at the back, on normal ride height they all sit nice and flush with the arches. Also the design of the rims means I shouldn't have any problems with installing my supra big brake upgrade in a few weeks time.

I honestly thought the ride on 19s, and with this offset, (+35) would be ***** but its actually damn good and better than expected. Hope you like the pics!

Quick Reply: JIC magic twins