page2two
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yours look very good man......
Old 08-23-06, 09:55 AM
kietlander
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

there are alot of knock offs but no wald. u have JIC, do luck, vertex, bomex, i know there are others... but no EXE ones.
Old 08-23-06, 10:19 AM
page2two
Driver School Candidate

yea they have some ugly ones.... I want the wald for the 93, what dealer that you all know have a good price? I think Luxurymods want almost 2500.00 for the kit. (2500.00 for a lip kit???) Man!!!
Old 08-23-06, 11:23 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by page2two
yea they have some ugly ones.... I want the wald for the 93, what dealer that you all know have a good price? I think Luxurymods want almost 2500.00 for the kit. (2500.00 for a lip kit???) Man!!!

Lots of Wald confusion on CL.

The 92-96 kit is not a lip kit. It's full front, rear, and sides.
Old 08-23-06, 12:09 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Yup Jose is right,for the 97 lip kit unless you have 97 bumper,you will also need to get the bumper also.

page2two D2autosports and Carson Toyota can get the kit at decent prices. Memoryfab and www.japanparts.com can also get this kit for you.
Old 08-23-06, 03:26 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Lots of Wald confusion on CL.

The 92-96 kit is not a lip kit. It's full front, rear, and sides.

whats up jose long time no speak since jm meet huh

you have the 92-96 wald full replacement kit right

so 97 + is just lip correct
Old 08-23-06, 06:45 PM
page2two
Driver School Candidate

So is this a Lip kit or a Full front end? Because it is the 92-96 with fog lights. And if you look by the fogs, there is an overlap. Some I see that you have the full front end on yours, but this I beg to differ.
Old 08-23-06, 06:55 PM
page2two
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cherplex
Yup Jose is right,for the 97 lip kit unless you have 97 bumper,you will also need to get the bumper also.

page2two D2autosports and Carson Toyota can get the kit at decent prices. Memoryfab and www.japanparts.com can also get this kit for you.
Thanx Alot..... japanparts.com worked out. I think I will go there. I appreciate it.
Old 08-24-06, 10:29 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexforlife
whats up jose long time no speak since jm meet huh

you have the 92-96 wald full replacement kit right

so 97 + is just lip correct
No I have the 97+ kit as it's more modern looking. Installing it means I had to do the front 97 conversion first.

And Page2 that kit in your pic is a FULL bumper. It's just designed to look like a lip kit.

When's the next meet, fellas?
Old 08-25-06, 01:30 PM
Shrummi
Lead Lap

has anyone put the bn sports kit on their car? i think it looks really nice. just havent seen any pictures other than the advertising pictures.
Old 08-27-06, 04:42 PM
page2two
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CleanSC
No I have the 97+ kit as it's more modern looking. Installing it means I had to do the front 97 conversion first.

And Page2 that kit in your pic is a FULL bumper. It's just designed to look like a lip kit.

When's the next meet, fellas?
Well Man it looks real good. I think I may end up doing what you did with the 97 conversion. It looks hot. Do you have an Idea what the price may have cost you for the paint and body work?
Old 08-28-06, 05:22 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by page2two
Well Man it looks real good. I think I may end up doing what you did with the 97 conversion. It looks hot. Do you have an Idea what the price may have cost you for the paint and body work?
I did most everything myself so I can't really give you a price.

But adding up the front conversion, the body kit, shipping, paint, labor, and custom body work to fix the kit fitment problems, I wouldn't be surprised to see it around $2,500 to $3,000 or more when it's all done for a good job.

Factor in repainting the front end once or twice a year and refinishing the rear bumper everytime it gets tapped. ($200 to $500 an episode) Unlike the stock urethane, fiberglass cracks with any slight hit from parking bumps.

I've never had an accident and I've shattered my front end once, rear end twice, and repainted both about 3 times each.

She's high maintenance.

Fiberglass bodywork is just like that.
Old 09-14-06, 09:07 PM
SC400DRFT
Driver

Car Year - 97
Part type - full kit, bumper, sideskirts, front fenders, gt wing
Part make - VERTEX and APR
Part construction - not sure
Source - speedalliance.com
Price - $2196.00
Fitment -Great, the best u can get
Installation - Easy
Durability - Light and great
Notes - Its the kit made by Takahiro Ueno look at his soarer i have the same kit and its awesome, very pricey but worth it
Old 09-22-06, 10:09 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car Year - 93
Part type - full bumpers and side skirts, and rear spoiler
Part make - front made by origin, rear and sides by VIS, spoiler by BOMEX
Part construction - fiberglass
Source - local shop ordered direct from origin , VIS, and BOMEX
Price - about 400 for the front, 450 shipped for sides and rear, 300 for spoiler
Fitment -
--- origin stylish front--- front bumper fits very well, fiberglass is smooth. only issues were passenger side didnt line and bolt up very well, i had to force it on pretty hard to make it fit. the fiberglass where the side marker lights are is very wavy... needs to be filled in and sanded some. the side marker light holes needed to be bigger to have the lights fit otherwise they wont even go on. but overall for the front id say id give it a 8 out of 10 as far as quality and fitment. took me like 30 mins to put it on

---VIS vertex wannabe side skirts--- these where a ***** to put on. the little caps that fit over the fenders barely fit... it was like a mm to short so i had to cut some off the ends so that there was no end to it could slide on... kind of hard to explain without pix... my driverside skirt would rub when i opened and closed the door... again more shaving.... but after some cutting and shaving and pulling it went on... id give it like a 7 on overall finish but like a 3 or 4 in fitment.... took me about 3 or 4 hours of shaving and cutting and drilling and stuff

---VIS vertex wannabe rear bumper--- this actually fit pretty good... when you lay it on the car it doesnt form to the car but after you get the sides screwed in it fit just fine... no real gaps and stuff... the only thing is the part in between the tail lights where the trunk meets the bumper kinda flares out... again i need a pic to explain... overall i give it a 6.5 to 7 out of 10 for quality and fitment... took me about an hour or so to get on

---BOMEX rear wing--- 10 out of 10... came with all hardware, mounts to stock spoiler hole and locations, fits perfect... i just set it on the bolted it down... took me literally 5 minutes

over all its not too bad for everything... i did all the fitment myself... there was no need to cut any of thois stuff in half and add more fiberglass or cut down to shorten... everything was damn close... but the sides... man those were hell...

ill get pics of some of the imperfections when i get my car back from paint...

oh yeah i need a 97+ grill... anyone know where i can get one beside the lexus dealer...
Old 10-23-06, 04:49 PM
96RedLexSC
Rookie

Car Year: 1996 Sc400
Part Type: VT Full Body Kit
Part Construction: Fiberglass
Source: KGS Engineering
Price: $700. I think $125 for shipping
Fitment: Terrible. Nothing lined up. Front bumper was a nightmare headlights & highbeams were not even close to lineup. Nevermind passenger side of the front bumper stuck out farther than the driver side. Sideskirts were too short. Rear lip was custom molded. The Guys at KGS said that it would need just minor fiberglass work! LMAO!!!!! They were soooo wrong, and I couldn't get an exchange because all sales are final. Wish I bought it elswhere, terrible customer service. Well after tons of custom modifications the kit looks awsome. Just have to be a miracle worker with fiberglass. Pics to be posted very soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SC300/400 Aero parts fitment feedback thread