SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

LOTS of PICS: wheels and suspension in...**not for 56k**

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-05, 12:21 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOTS of PICS: wheels and suspension in...**not for 56k**

Well... let me start off by saying, the car is lowered onto the 3rd to the last coilover thread. It physically has about 1/4 inch of wheel gap though it looks otherwise in the pics. Before you start asking what it's lowered on , they're Tein HRs. The wheels are 18x9 in front and 18x10 in rear. The tires are pretty fat; they are 245/40 up front and 285/35 in the rear. Lemme if you think it's as ugly as I do. I dislike this round front bumper a lot so it's getting the 97 one for sure unless someone knows of a really really nice lip(I've seen them all I believe). And yes, I know before anyone says anything, it needs exhaust, which is the next thing before the front bumper and some forced induction. I just was really happy that I got rid of the stock 15s. BTW, wheels are SSR/SSW D5R's incase anyone is wondering.

PICS:

Last edited by CP_Ree; 04-10-05 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-10-05, 02:19 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice and clean, now just clean up those headlights and u'll be ready to go.
Old 04-10-05, 02:29 AM
flossn
Lead Lap

Looks good!! I would just lose the plate bracket, it doesn't compliment the car. Hey, i'm from MN where is Elite auto? How much clearance on those 285's do you have? Any other Lex's hang out over there?

Tony
Old 04-10-05, 06:21 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks very nice, I love those wheels too... have wondered what they'd look like on a Soarer Very purrty

BTW, what's the ride like with the TEIN HR's?

Jose
Old 04-10-05, 07:24 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks good to me. IMO the 92-96 front looks better than the 97+. Front looks good but it's the sides and rear that needs a little flaring.

Car looks good though.
Old 04-10-05, 09:01 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexiss_sc400
very nice and clean, now just clean up those headlights and u'll be ready to go.
Thanks, yours is very nice and clean also.

Hah... I opened up the passenger one and it is pretty clean but it fogs up after car washes then clears up again. The driver's one I didn't even bother, I'm going to just give in and buy new headlights.

Originally Posted by flossn
Looks good!! I would just lose the plate bracket, it doesn't compliment the car. Hey, i'm from MN where is Elite auto? How much clearance on those 285's do you have? Any other Lex's hang out over there?

Tony
Yeah... the license plate bracket came with the car so I thought I'd make use of it, but I may take it off. Elite is in Minneapolis north of broadway/washington about 5 blocks right along side I94. The 285s seem to clear fine, but the driver's one rubs a tiny bit going over huge bumps because I assume I'm putting more weight on that side. As for Lexus's... there's my friend's gf's sc300.
There's always a APU supra, some NSXs, RSXs, Eclipses and whatever else in the shop though if you wanna stop by to check it out.

Originally Posted by Soarer_25GTT
BTW, what's the ride like with the TEIN HR's?
They ride a lot nicer than I expected. I bought them used and the previous owner hated them and said they were too stiff. Well... being lowered all the way, it seems really comfortable w/ a tiny bit of spring rattle (which I was expecting). I like them but may change them out to get something that can go a little lower.

Originally Posted by reggiek
Looks good to me. IMO the 92-96 front looks better than the 97+. Front looks good but it's the sides and rear that needs a little flaring.

Car looks good though.
Thanks.
Old 04-10-05, 09:26 AM
SinisterSC
Lead Lap

The wheels look very nice. If you're gonna get new headlights you should rock the ones from http://www.*****************. And by the way, what offset are you running?
Old 04-10-05, 09:29 AM
sc4canada
Lead Lap

Clean ride man. The wheels look just right. I had my eye on those ones too along with the sp1 but hearing thatthe company is having probs made me think twice.

How much is it lowered and could you lower it more if u wanted with those offsets and maybe diff tire sizes?
Old 04-10-05, 09:44 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sc4canada
Clean ride man. The wheels look just right. I had my eye on those ones too along with the sp1 but hearing thatthe company is having probs made me think twice.

How much is it lowered and could you lower it more if u wanted with those offsets and maybe diff tire sizes?

Well I guess SSR did go bankrupt, but the wheels are still very nice quality. As for the lowering, I'm on the last threads of the HR's, so probably another.... 1/8th of an inch, which I might do because it still seems very high.

As for *****************, I don't have that kind of cash flow. Offsets are +37 all around with 18x9 front and 18x10 rear.
Old 04-10-05, 10:15 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

car is looking good.

any plans for some side skirts? 97+?
Old 04-10-05, 10:19 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by guessd
Well I guess SSR did go bankrupt, but the wheels are still very nice quality. As for the lowering, I'm on the last threads of the HR's, so probably another.... 1/8th of an inch, which I might do because it still seems very high.

As for *****************, I don't have that kind of cash flow. Offsets are +37 all around with 18x9 front and 18x10 rear.

i know some guys who have got coilovers, but didnt go as low as they wanted it to, so they removed the locking seat. Do you know what i'm talking about?
Old 04-10-05, 10:31 AM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by newyorksc
i know some guys who have got coilovers, but didnt go as low as they wanted it to, so they removed the locking seat. Do you know what i'm talking about?

Yeah, I believe you can do that for "coilovers" that are like ground controls or just the sleeve type(not true coilover). If I did that to these, the springs would be sitting on nothing. A 97+ front and sideskirts are going to be a must do on this car along with at least a little baby 67mm turbo.
Old 04-10-05, 10:45 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guessd, go to home depot and there you will see a glue called "goop" get the one for automotive and RV use, I swear this thing works like magic, I love it. It sealed up mine so well. The only one problem you might have is the glue kinda shrinks a bit as it dries so u have to put on 2 coats, but otherwise best glue/sealant I have ever used.

Tommy
Old 04-10-05, 01:46 PM
89sei
Driver School Candidate

Default Teins...

Hey Guessd,

Don't worry, your car looks good! You used Tein HR's...your drop still looks fine! Tein HR's - I don't seen those in the '05 Tein catalogue - I guess those are an older style coilover...

I just bought a set of Tein Flex...I'm looking to really drop it.

Mike
Old 04-10-05, 01:47 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

is that an accord spoiler? just wondering...., otherwise nice job!

Quick Reply: LOTS of PICS: wheels and suspension in...**not for 56k**