SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Heard of a "version:SELECT" Body kit????

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-05, 11:03 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heard of a "version:SELECT" Body kit????

Has anyone heard anything (good or bad, esp. about correct fit!!) about "version:SELECT" or AndysAutoSport.com? Let me know!!

http://www.andysautosport.com/bodyki...rsion%20Select

version:SELECT "Soarer Type I" Kit:

Version Select... =VIS?
VIS Vortex Kit:

T&E Vertex Kit:

Old 02-24-05, 11:16 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it is a knock off of Vertex.. and we all know about the fittment of any Vertex knock off right?... Dont mess with it if it isnt the real eal, that will keep you safe.
Old 02-24-05, 11:25 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is one knockoff kit that I would semi-approve of. There have been no reported experiences with Version by any CL member but my friend has said that Version has made some decent kits that fit well for the 240 crowd.

Last edited by verylost; 02-24-05 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-24-05, 11:28 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

a knock off of a knock off. that means it'll fit, right?
Old 02-25-05, 12:52 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
a knock off of a knock off. that means it'll fit, right?
lol @ ^^^^^^^

not another knock off thread. Maybe buy it and test it out yourself, shouldn't be that expensive right?
Old 02-25-05, 03:10 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I emailed them a while back they quoted me $950 shipped for the entire kit. I haven't heard anything bad about their kits. Im guessing its better fitment and quality than the VIS which is like less than half that price.
Old 02-25-05, 04:53 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd ask them some specific questions about the fitment of the kit before buying it.
1) What modifications if any are needed to put this kit on? You don't want to spend twice as much in bodywork just to make it fit.
2) Do they guarantee the fitment?
3) Will they take it back if it doesn't fit correctly and if so, what fees are assessed? Such as restocking fees, etc.

I'm not against a knock off kit as long as it's built well. Just do your homework.

EDIT: I just read their guarantee on the website and it says that if you are not satisfied they will refund your money or give you a credit within 30 days. Just verify that it applys to the body kit you want to purchase and that you can get a REFUND of your money if it doesn't fit right.

Last edited by jeremyp111; 02-25-05 at 05:00 AM.
Old 02-25-05, 05:36 AM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

iv heard of them before. i have a couple of buddy that has the verstion select body for his 240 and AE. they have no problem with the kit the fitment is nearly perfect. you have to drill your own holes. theres a local shop in my area that sells the kit. http://www.tougefactory.com im actually picking one up prob. this weekend hopefully still wont be on backorder.
Old 02-25-05, 09:21 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I read somewhere that andysautosport went out of business. I don't know if it is correct or not, but I definitely read it.

I think I am one of the few people that didn't really have any problems with the VIS kit. It took some work on the front and rear bumper but my friend and I installed the kit in about 3 hours max.

Peace,
Jonny
Old 02-25-05, 10:35 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dx3
I read somewhere that andysautosport went out of business. I don't know if it is correct or not, but I definitely read it.

I think I am one of the few people that didn't really have any problems with the VIS kit. It took some work on the front and rear bumper but my friend and I installed the kit in about 3 hours max.

Peace,
Jonny
I also had a friend who bought the knock off kit and while work is indeed needed (Mostly front bumper from what I heard) it wasn't too big of a deal since the work was done by themselves. If you can do the work and don't mind doing the work yourself the $1500 savings can be well worth while. I personally don't mind doing the fiberglass work so it could be worth it for me.
Old 02-25-05, 11:18 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I also had a friend who bought the knock off kit and while work is indeed needed (Mostly front bumper from what I heard) it wasn't too big of a deal since the work was done by themselves. If you can do the work and don't mind doing the work yourself the $1500 savings can be well worth while. I personally don't mind doing the fiberglass work so it could be worth it for me.
Chris,

How many rides r u rollin right now??

Jonny
Old 02-25-05, 12:02 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dx3
Chris,

How many rides r u rollin right now??

Jonny
Just 3. The RX330, SC400 and the Acura which is actually sold to my brother but it will be with me for the rest of the year until he pays me enough money. The other SC400 I was rebuilding I decided to just combine all the best parts, to make one decent SC, sell anything I can which is not much since I'll be taking all the good parts, then junking it.
Old 02-25-05, 06:10 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Just 3. The RX330, SC400 and the Acura which is actually sold to my brother but it will be with me for the rest of the year until he pays me enough money. The other SC400 I was rebuilding I decided to just combine all the best parts, to make one decent SC, sell anything I can which is not much since I'll be taking all the good parts, then junking it.
Hope your brother takes as good a care of the Ack as you did - sweet ride.

Don't junk the other SC, I am sure you can find something fun to do with it

Peace man,
Jonny
Old 02-25-05, 08:02 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
not another knock off thread. Maybe buy it and test it out yourself, shouldn't be that expensive right?
Pssh! If you've got the money to "spot" (and I do mean give) me, lol.

Jeremyp11 - those are some excellent ideas for questions. Thanks!

SickSC3 - Hey, why don't you post up on here about your experience with the kit if/when you get it?

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I've heard of the Version Select, but all I have heard was the name - nothing more.
Old 02-25-05, 11:28 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

***EDIT*** Whoa, what the crap? I got a reply notice in my e-mail that a reply was posted by 1993SCTT saying "what wheels are you planning to get with this kit?". Sooo... yea, this answers that question. Very odd...

Well probably nothing for a while. The only reason I'm even considering a kit is b/c some girl hit me a couple of weeks ago, so my back right 1/4 panel and rear bumper need repair. I'm thinking I might just scrap the bumper and kit a kit and spend the extra cash if/when I get it. Right now I just have to bank money b/c every freakin' thing on this car breaks... it hates me!

Quick Reply: Heard of a "version:SELECT" Body kit????