SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Repairing Seat Memory function on SC400

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-05, 12:23 PM
teke52
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repairing Seat Memory function on SC400

Hey, I've done some searching here on CL and have found plenty of people that have had problems getting the Memory function (1 and 2 that are on the drivers door) to work...but I haven't found one single solution or "causing factor".

Does anyone know what the most likely problem is with them? And how to fix it? I have checked fuses and the seat connections when they did my leatherseats install (everything looks good to me)...but I have not taken the door panel off or checked any wires...but I suspect that that isn't the issue because I can get them to beep like they are supposed to when you are setting them...but they don't move the seat at all after I set them...and yes I'm aware of key on, car in park, foot off pedals and all the other little quirky things...I mean I didn't just try it once and give up...lol.

That's the frustarting part, trying everything under the sun with no results, I know you all can feel me on that point...lol.

The seats function properly in every other facet, except the memory settings.

So again, does anyone know what the common cause of the memory seats not functioning properly is and how to fix it? Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-11-05, 12:30 PM
teke52
Driver

Nobody........

Bumpidy Bump...
Old 02-11-05, 12:40 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would suggest taking your door panel off. There is a tutorial on how to do so in the audio section (speaker install thread, stickied to the top) and it only takes a few minutes.

When I first bought my car last summer, the memory seat function didnt work on my car either. I have since installed Supra seats, so I cant use the function regardless anymore. But when I was installing my speakers a week ago, I found out that the button control unit wasnt even plugged in for some reason, it was just sitting there inside the door panel.

So give that a try and see if its even plugged in there
Old 02-11-05, 12:44 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I don't know if my problem is the same as everyone elses, but after a few months of buying my memory settings started acting funny. It would only work with the key in the on possition and car not started, then only the seat and steering wheel position would work and not the mirrors. Anyway, I disconnected the battery to clear all the memory (Well, I was actually changing the battery terminals) reset everything and all functions returned to normal. Now, I just reset everything like that when things act up. I have no idea what is causing it but at least I can get it to work again in my car for a few months at a time.
Old 02-11-05, 04:36 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I had the same problems on my SC4 and resetting the battery cured my problem.

Either that, or the electronic panel now has a better connection after I banged on it a few times with my fist.

Jon

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Well, I don't know if my problem is the same as everyone elses, but after a few months of buying my memory settings started acting funny. It would only work with the key in the on possition and car not started, then only the seat and steering wheel position would work and not the mirrors. Anyway, I disconnected the battery to clear all the memory (Well, I was actually changing the battery terminals) reset everything and all functions returned to normal. Now, I just reset everything like that when things act up. I have no idea what is causing it but at least I can get it to work again in my car for a few months at a time.
Old 02-11-05, 08:34 PM
setwire
Pole Position

Default Seat Memory Function

Most common cause of the seat memory function not working is disconnection of the buttons.
Take your door panel off and see if the unit is plugged in.
I had the same problem with mine and found that the previous owner had some work done on the door panel and the person who had done the work had forgotten to plug the connections back in.

Rob
Old 02-12-05, 09:55 AM
teke52
Driver

Thanks for the posts...I'll try some of the ideas and see how it works out.
Old 11-27-09, 10:37 PM
Zimaura
Driver School Candidate

I have the same exact problem, my mirrors and my steering wheel moves to the memorized position when i push the button but seats do not.
But i found out that everything works fine when they key is turned to "ON" not "ACC", in other words when the car is not on.
I do not know the problem, but they used to work when the car was on and in park.
hope this helps to you, i know they are annoying. Good Luck
Old 11-06-15, 04:24 PM
MadlyMad
Driver School Candidate

'95 SC400: My memory seat control can be set. Car off, I go to the On position with the brake in Park. I set the position. I hear the beeps. I turn off my car for a few seconds and the memory maintains its settings. I turn off my car for a few minutes and it loses the settings. Anyone have any idea of what is going on?