Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

DIY: Converting cornering lights into fog lights

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-13, 07:23 AM   #61
DoomLight
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)
 
DoomLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,698
Default

i will take some pictures to show u what i got.

the 95 signal stalk that has the fog light switch on it, also has auto lights. im not sure what to do with that. i am guessing it keeps the headlights on after you take the key out for a moment via some timed relay or what have you.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
1992 SC300 with 2JZGTE VVTI Swap, 500hp @ 25psi on 93 octane pump gas, Weldon 1100a, FIC 1100cc injectors, R154, BWS366 9179 Turbo,CXracing T4 Heavy Manifold, Precision 46mm wastegate , Godspeed 4" Intercooler, aluminum Radiator, Dual Puller Fans with Aluminum Shroud, Aeromotive FPR, F1 racing stage 3 clutch, DriftMotion AEM EMS V2 heavily modified, AEM 3.5 BAR map, AEM UEGO, AEM boost solenoid, 19 inch TSW Snetterton's, SC400 3.92 diff, 3" downpipe, Megan Racing Exhaust, Megan Racing Coilovers.
DoomLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-13, 01:29 PM   #62
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Posts: 1,806
Default

I have an "auto" mode on my 1993 stalk as well. It just allows the car to use the light sensor in the dashboard to cut the lights on when it's dark enough and also to turn them off when it's too bright for headlights. The lights should cut off when the ignition goes off unless you're in accessory mode. If you cut the ignition while stopped and have your driver's side door closed, the headlights and parking lights should stay on until you open the door.

The fog light operation should be tied to whatever the parking lights are doing.

I'd like to see what you'll do with a 1995 stalk swap.
__________________
1993 SC300 5-speed NA | Built R154 | Gixxer_Drew Susp. 600/325 | TT: brakes FR, rims, rear sway, seats | Koyo rad | 4.272 TT Torsen LSD
------------------------
KahnBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-13, 08:55 AM   #63
DoomLight
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)
 
DoomLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 1,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahnBB6 View Post
I have an "auto" mode on my 1993 stalk as well. It just allows the car to use the light sensor in the dashboard to cut the lights on when it's dark enough and also to turn them off when it's too bright for headlights. The lights should cut off when the ignition goes off unless you're in accessory mode. If you cut the ignition while stopped and have your driver's side door closed, the headlights and parking lights should stay on until you open the door.

The fog light operation should be tied to whatever the parking lights are doing.

I'd like to see what you'll do with a 1995 stalk swap.
my car has the light sensor on the dash. but doesn't seem to be used. hmmm
__________________
1992 SC300 with 2JZGTE VVTI Swap, 500hp @ 25psi on 93 octane pump gas, Weldon 1100a, FIC 1100cc injectors, R154, BWS366 9179 Turbo,CXracing T4 Heavy Manifold, Precision 46mm wastegate , Godspeed 4" Intercooler, aluminum Radiator, Dual Puller Fans with Aluminum Shroud, Aeromotive FPR, F1 racing stage 3 clutch, DriftMotion AEM EMS V2 heavily modified, AEM 3.5 BAR map, AEM UEGO, AEM boost solenoid, 19 inch TSW Snetterton's, SC400 3.92 diff, 3" downpipe, Megan Racing Exhaust, Megan Racing Coilovers.
DoomLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-13, 01:51 PM   #64
sc3O0
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CA
Posts: 30
porkchop-918 alexan_durrr
Default

So what ever happened to those pics?
sc3O0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 02:49 PM   #65
Kris9884
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MO
Posts: 722
Default

Hate to bump an old thread but, better than making a new one. After searching I don't think the 97+ fog switch DIY was ever written. Is there any way to turn JUST the fogs on with the parking lights or are they stuck to turn on only after the low beams are on too? If not, I'll go ahead and work things the same way I did on my parking lights and will take some pictures. Just hate to cut things if not needed..
__________________

'92 RJP SC300 - NA-T - SOLD
'97 CGP SC400 - BFI - Stock - For now..

My Formula Drift photodump: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...-pictures.html
Kris9884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 04:06 PM   #66
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Posts: 1,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris9884 View Post
Hate to bump an old thread but, better than making a new one. After searching I don't think the 97+ fog switch DIY was ever written. Is there any way to turn JUST the fogs on with the parking lights or are they stuck to turn on only after the low beams are on too? If not, I'll go ahead and work things the same way I did on my parking lights and will take some pictures. Just hate to cut things if not needed..
Kris, I made a foglight switch DIY and yes, it uses the parking lights as a relay trigger so that you can turn on the fog lights without the main headlights being on. Turn the lights completely off and fog lights go off as well. My switch solution is on the dash and is simply an interrupt to the relay with some long wires all the way from the headlight area. I made it as visual and detailed as possible. Keep the lights in Auto mode and the fog lights similarly turn off when daytime is detected. The rest of the 97 foglight conversion is identical to this thread.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-4...ngine-bay.html
__________________
1993 SC300 5-speed NA | Built R154 | Gixxer_Drew Susp. 600/325 | TT: brakes FR, rims, rear sway, seats | Koyo rad | 4.272 TT Torsen LSD
------------------------

Last edited by KahnBB6; 08-07-14 at 04:11 PM..
KahnBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-14, 07:41 AM   #67
Kris9884
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MO
Posts: 722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahnBB6 View Post
Kris, I made a foglight switch DIY and yes, it uses the parking lights as a relay trigger so that you can turn on the fog lights without the main headlights being on. Turn the lights completely off and fog lights go off as well. My switch solution is on the dash and is simply an interrupt to the relay with some long wires all the way from the headlight area. I made it as visual and detailed as possible. Keep the lights in Auto mode and the fog lights similarly turn off when daytime is detected. The rest of the 97 foglight conversion is identical to this thread.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-4...ngine-bay.html
I swear I looked for one!!

Either way thanks bud, I appreciate it.
__________________

'92 RJP SC300 - NA-T - SOLD
'97 CGP SC400 - BFI - Stock - For now..

My Formula Drift photodump: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...-pictures.html
Kris9884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-14, 08:54 AM   #68
jomosc400
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: missouri
Posts: 67
Default

when Kris successfully completes his.. He's going to complete mine. #TrueStory
jomosc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-14, 03:32 PM   #69
KahnBB6
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: California
Posts: 1,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris9884 View Post
I swear I looked for one!!

Either way thanks bud, I appreciate it.
Glad to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomosc400 View Post
when Kris successfully completes his.. He's going to complete mine. #TrueStory
__________________
1993 SC300 5-speed NA | Built R154 | Gixxer_Drew Susp. 600/325 | TT: brakes FR, rims, rear sway, seats | Koyo rad | 4.272 TT Torsen LSD
------------------------
KahnBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-14, 03:32 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
converting, cornering, diy, es300, fog, lexus, light, lights, parking, retrofit, sc300, sc400, schematic, supra, turn

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY - Upgrade Factory Alarm rcJten IS - Second Generation 41 07-18-14 10:19 AM
Fog light Mod..... (finally) Shibumi1 LS460, LS460L and LS600h 19 12-26-12 07:03 AM
92-94 Fog conversion: best place to tap firewall for switch? KahnBB6 SC 400/300 9 10-21-11 01:48 AM
Converting cornering lights - foglights question LexusBiz SC 400/300 4 01-13-03 03:05 AM
Installing a basic relay lex400sc SC 400/300 8 03-05-02 03:39 PM

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info