SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New rims on the SC430, Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-01, 02:07 PM
exsilio

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the help in selecting rims. Your vote helped quite a bit. And I think you will see the results are fantastic!

Here is the link:
The new rims!
Old 05-01-01, 02:16 PM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nice album!

the new OZs look great! Any thoughts on painting the calipers? Did you go w/ the same tires or did you get new ones? Perhaps it was the angle of the photos, but it looked like the tires were ultra low profile especially the last one on the street.
Old 05-01-01, 04:14 PM
philbrennan
Driver School Candidate

Your wheels look great.
phil
Old 05-01-01, 04:19 PM
exsilio

Default hey phil

Thanks for the nice comments about the wheels. I think they came out well.

I see you are in Sunnyvale...I'll honk if I see you.

What color is your sc430?
Old 05-01-01, 06:03 PM
philbrennan
Driver School Candidate

You're welcome. My SC430 is Red/Ecru. I think I want to change the wheels also, but Putnam, who bought up all the Norcal stock of Momo wheels that work with run-flats, wants $5K for them! Stevens Creek is getting some in but they don't know when and they don't know what the cost will be. In the mean time, I'm still very much infatuated with my car. I've got 650 miles, mostly gentle and slow. I did race a suit in an Infinity Q45 who felt compelled to pull ahead of me outside Cisco. I blew his doors off. I find myself driving like a kid again, so I bought a Valentine One radar/laser detector.

phil
Old 05-01-01, 06:11 PM
exsilio

Default cool phil

I was just thinking that red was the one color I really want to see. That's a great combo.

Don't poay 5k for Momo's that is highway robbery. Any dealer that would charge you that is not someone you should do business with. Momo's simply don't come close to costing that much.

Try www.tirerack.com. They have 14 wheels right now that will fit the SC430. And they can recommend a local shop to install them. I would suggest Custom Alignment in Mountain View. They do many types of high end cars, and they do a great job. Plus since they have done mine, you won't be the guinea pig.

Re racing:

I am trying to behave, but people feel the urge to test me. Some kid in his Integra tried to take me on. I laughed before I hit the gas, he didn't stand a chance. I think his underwear was left somewhere around Lawrence Expressway and Arques.

So I am just going to play it cool until I hit 1000. You use the sport button yet?

Old 05-02-01, 09:30 AM
philbrennan
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks exsilio

Good tips. I will look at your site for wheels. I haven't hit the sport button yet but once I hit 1000, I think I just might leave it there. Then I can take on the Honda rice-rockets all day long!

Phil
Old 05-03-01, 10:21 AM
amati5
Driver

Exsilio,

Are you waiting for the M3, too? You'd got to show me how to make that kind of money
Old 05-03-01, 11:31 AM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Default NorCal Roster

exsilio,

Good looking wheels.

You and Phil have nice cars. Which dealership did you buy your SC?

Also, I'm the Bay Area coordinator for ClubLexus. If you want me to add you to the roster, pls send me a PM with your name, home town, and email address. We'll love to see you and Phil at the next NorCal meet.

Regards,
Old 05-03-01, 01:52 PM
exsilio

Default well...

to amati5
I was pursuing an M3. But when I saw the sc430 in real life, I knew it was the car for me. My feelintg on the M3 is that you can never truly enjoy it, unless you are pushing through corners and blazing down the road...whereas the SC430 exudes class, style, and performance, all in a very refined package.

So, no M3 for me, at least not this time around.

to QBranchCars
Thanks for the comment on the wheels, I like them more and more.

I bought my SC from out of Washington. Most Bay Area dealers wouldn't give me the time of day.

I'll send you my info for the contact list. Sounds like fun.
Old 05-03-01, 07:59 PM
philbrennan
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi Calvin

Calvin,
We've spoken already. I think you may already have me on your Norcal list. If not, let me know.

Phil
Old 05-03-01, 08:22 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Default Re: Hi Calvin

Originally posted by philbrennan
Calvin,
We've spoken already. I think you may already have me on your Norcal list. If not, let me know.

Phil
Yes, Phil I have your info. Just wanted to see both SC430's at the next meet, probably during the summer. By that time, maybe you'll let us take a ride in it. Take care.
Old 05-17-01, 06:16 PM
RodF
Pole Position

Nice wheels. Do they have the sensors for run-flats? How much did it set you back?
Old 05-17-01, 06:57 PM
vj604
Driver

good call on the rims. lexus has its head up its *** putting those rims on the production car. ugh. i gotta say...where i live on suburban long island..i am seeing a lot of SC430's and its growin on me...when the magazines printed pictures i couldnt stand it but it looks sweet in person...now if it only cost less than 65K+....
Old 05-21-01, 02:49 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

I guess I'm a real jacka** but I don't like the rims at all. The car seems too classy for them. (Compliment) I personally would have stayed away from the "5 star" theme and went with something that stood out a little more. You need some more ooooomph!

Not trying to disrespect, but I think they were a bad choice.

Quick Reply: New rims on the SC430, Pics inside