SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

what a terrible week

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-04, 01:26 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy what a terrible week

So friday i get my wallet stolen, $116 withdrawn. I have to freeze everything and claim all this crap that really sucks. Sunday i get a speeding ticket because a cop ASSUMES im going 80mph in a 60. and today comming back from the bank to clarify everything......

A honda decides to pull out of a gas station while im going 40mph. The girl was not paying attention and just pulls out.
Old 08-04-04, 01:41 PM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

ouch... but look on the bright side.. Body kit!!!!
Old 08-04-04, 01:42 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

man... sorry to hear about all that. i hope you can get everything worked out!

on the bright side, if you were looking for a time to do the 97+ conversion, now would be it!
Old 08-04-04, 02:00 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

call me crazy, but get a quote from a paintless dent removal place. Your paint looks like it's in good shape, so if you can keep that panel, do it.

www.dentwizard.com or something like that.

It can't hurt to go and get an estimate. The worst they can say is "we can't do it"

dent wizard is a approved method by insurance companies too... check out their website.

I hope it all turns out ok for you bro

JT
Old 08-04-04, 02:25 PM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know what, when you make an insurance claim make sure you get a police report (or a Copy) report thru her insurance so yours doesn't go up and Good Luck,

p.s. sorry to hear that about your troubled week which still has 4 days left but hope everything works out for you.
Old 08-04-04, 06:17 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

I am having the same week. welcome to my world.

want the list? ..........................
1.- not one, but 2 flat tires in a 24 hour period.
2.- radiator blew, had to replace
3.- oil change did NOT go smooth and let's just say things had to be re-threaded.
4.- tranny flush backfired and cost me another $150 in parts.
5.- window regulator weld spot (factory weld) broke and had to be re-welded
6.- this month all my bills came due on the VERY SAME DAY. total cost to me in just 5 phone calls = $2,468.00

This all happened within the last 3 days.

I AM AFRAID TO WAKE UP TOMMORROW.
Old 08-04-04, 06:24 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch, sorry man. But honestly, thats not bad at all. The front bumper could be popped back into shape (thank you urethane), and you just need a new passenger front fender and headlight. If you do your own bodywork (mounting, prep, and paint), the repair could be less than $400.
Old 08-04-04, 08:24 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man that really blows big time.

"No matter how big a hole you gotten yourself into, theres always a bigger hole right next to it. "
That is true with women also. JK

Look at the bright side, now you have an excuse to get yourself a body upgrade.

Hope things get better bro.

Last edited by One HoT SC400; 08-04-04 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-04-04, 08:43 PM
southernsc
Lexus Champion

the good side is that its not my fault. I also get to pick a place where i can get an appraisal on the damage, so im going to sewell lexus to see what they say because my girlfriends uncle works there. so hopefully i will end up pretty good.
Old 08-04-04, 09:33 PM
Bryan858
Lead Lap

Default Last week sucks...

Heh, What a coincidence, I'm sort of in the same situation.... T-mobile called because I was late on a payent ($277.17) Then I had to pay my CC off ($2957.82) and to top it all off I got a ticket for failing to yeild making a left turn when the other car failed to move ($???) I don't know how much the ticket is yet so everyday I race to the mail box to check... This is not the worse part because I now have to attend Traffic school to remove the pts. and keep my insurance from going up... Well I guess I just have to look at the bright side hope for better days.... Well atleast now you can get an upgraded front end.... Hopefully stuff gets better for all of us..... Later Days... Bryan
Old 08-05-04, 12:47 AM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

OLT and southernsc,

Sorry to hear the both of you having a bad day. I've had many bad days and good days, but that's just the way life is. After losing my friend in the Iraqi war, it made me realize at just how lucky I am to be alive. He was 21yrs old and there were still many things he wanted to do. When things get bad, I tend to look at the bright side of life like my family and friends.

If your is damaged it's repairable or replaceable. Money comes and go, but people never comes back. No matter how much I want to, I will never see my friend again. Friends and family are not replaceable. I've had my share of alot of bills(IRS...finally paid off), car accident( case have been going for almost 3 yrs...finally ended), few tickets( 2 of the tickets were written by corupted cops in which I did not do anythong wrong...others I was at fault...2 in the same week), blown tires..dead battery...stranded all in the same day!!

Try to look on the bright side when things get you down. It has always helped me out!!
Old 08-05-04, 01:39 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Hey, it must be going around... This week while we were redoing a few rooms in my house I noticed some wood rot on a few windows. I called to have them checked out, and now I have a $4500 window bill that is going to have to be taken care of in the next month or two. Additionally, I was planning on picking up a new TV over the winter, but apparently my TV doesn't want to work until then because the tuner on my TV kicked the bucket this weekend too! So, since I don't want to buy a cheap TV when I know I will have to replace it over the winter with what I really want, this is moving a $4000-$5000 expense planned for winter up to right now as well.

So because of this, dropping my car off at SP gets pushed back to december/jan instead of September for the TT development. This sucks.

We should all start self pity clubs

-Ethan
Old 08-05-04, 01:44 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally posted by joshthorsc
OLT and southernsc,

Sorry to hear the both of you having a bad day. I've had many bad days and good days, but that's just the way life is. After losing my friend in the Iraqi war, it made me realize at just how lucky I am to be alive. He was 21yrs old and there were still many things he wanted to do. When things get bad, I tend to look at the bright side of life like my family and friends.

If your is damaged it's repairable or replaceable. Money comes and go, but people never comes back. No matter how much I want to, I will never see my friend again. Friends and family are not replaceable. I've had my share of alot of bills(IRS...finally paid off), car accident( case have been going for almost 3 yrs...finally ended), few tickets( 2 of the tickets were written by corupted cops in which I did not do anythong wrong...others I was at fault...2 in the same week), blown tires..dead battery...stranded all in the same day!!

Try to look on the bright side when things get you down. It has always helped me out!!
Very good words.
Old 08-05-04, 01:45 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Ralph Wiggum - My cat's breath smells like cat food.

nothing bad happened to the Sc but i pulled my lower abdomin muscle today

Last edited by G Star; 08-05-04 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-05-04, 06:59 AM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by O. L. T.
Very good words.
Thanks!!

Quick Reply: what a terrible week