Heat from the firewall entering cabin

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-06, 11:15 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default .

Originally Posted by Tryk
I have a feeling lots of the heat is comming from the tranny.
Me too.
Old 10-08-06, 09:37 AM
Blu92SC4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can you tell me what's going on in this pic?

I've been having the heat problem on the floorwell too and i was searching for reasons/solutions when i came up on this thread...so i check out under my hood to check out my heater core control valve and i find this (look at the pics). what's going on in these pics...could this be the problem to my heat woes?
Attached Thumbnails Heat from the firewall entering cabin-heatercorecontrolvalve-163.jpg  
Old 10-08-06, 09:40 AM
Blu92SC4
Rookie

some more pics
Attached Thumbnails Heat from the firewall entering cabin-heatercorecontrolvalve-168.jpg  
Old 10-08-06, 09:42 AM
Blu92SC4
Rookie

another angle
Attached Thumbnails Heat from the firewall entering cabin-heatercorecontrolvalve-166.jpg  
Old 10-09-06, 07:23 AM
aggieangel
Driver School Candidate

This is the first summer with my car, and I didn't notice till recently. I am glad to know that it is not just me! I was sitting in the bank drive thru.....and i thought my feet and legs were gonna burn up.....come on cold weather!
Old 10-17-06, 11:28 PM
Blu92SC4
Rookie

Can anyone explain what's happening with the heater core control valve pics that i posted on here?
Old 10-17-06, 11:54 PM
SCwidaGTE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like a crime scene! no ideas here though.

all i know is i hate driving me car in summer. especially at the track where i have to wear pants and a helmet and its hot, and, this heat problem doesn't help since i don't run AC. glad its getting colder out.
Old 10-19-06, 11:08 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

wow,2 yrs and still no fix to the personal vehicle sauna experience yet..let's dig deep here and finally come up with an end to this issue. The idea from slo86 sounds promising... I will try that,but I will also try to pad the interior with some sort of heat/sound resistant padding in hoped that this will not only kill the heat issue but, also make it as quiet as the day it rolled off the showroom floor. Any ideas on what kind of padding will be best for this kind of application?
Old 05-08-07, 07:59 AM
vugoodoll
Driver

Didnt mean to dig up old thread. I recently ran into the same issue, any update how to resolve this? have Any of you guy put heat insulation? does it work?
Old 05-08-07, 12:01 PM
1jhazzard
Rookie

cat placment not the problem. mine is still like a sauna and i run a single exhaust with out a cat. but on the flip side i do have the 1jz so i imagine more heat would be coming off the turbos as well so. i am open to new ideas.
Old 05-08-07, 02:15 PM
vugoodoll
Driver

I will try OLT idea by closed off the heater core control valve. I will get back with the result later. Have anyone try to add more heat insulation?
Old 05-08-07, 11:54 PM
2JZ_SC300
Driver

today, while driving my '93 i turned my heater **** to full cold then turned on the fan and the problem seemed to go away.
don't like using the AC cause it uses more gas.

i believe the control valve isn't closing all the way and thats why if you take the rod out and manually close it the problem goes away.

Anyone gone to a dealership yet to see if this is a factory re-call or if theres a newer part to replace and fix the old part?

Blu92SC4, looks like your car finally got its cherry popped. lol

I haven't done any work on my car b/c i am waiting to sell my 240 and then i'll start pullin my 2jz out...when i do so i'm going to use a different heater control or find something to bypass the control valve but still have hot and cold.
i'll post up my findings when i can...won't be for a few months though.

Last edited by 2JZ_SC300; 05-12-07 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-09-07, 04:13 PM
slo86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by vugoodoll
Didnt mean to dig up old thread. I recently ran into the same issue, any update how to resolve this? have Any of you guy put heat insulation? does it work?
read post#45
Old 05-11-07, 06:13 AM
drnkcarlos
Driver

I'm gonna try the rod thing when I get the car back from the bodyshop...

but i've just been wearing shorts and a tanktop with both windows down (ac broken) for the past couple summers. Its still hot but its bearable. Whats funny is for the longest time I thought it was my cd player was causing all the extra heat...
Old 05-16-07, 01:56 PM
vugoodoll
Driver

Originally Posted by drnkcarlos
I'm gonna try the rod thing when I get the car back from the bodyshop...

but i've just been wearing shorts and a tanktop with both windows down (ac broken) for the past couple summers. Its still hot but its bearable. Whats funny is for the longest time I thought it was my cd player was causing all the extra heat...
hahaha, you not the only one who thought the cd player was causing all the heat . Anyway, removing the **** thingy doesnt work on my situation. It time to add heat insulation but it going cost quite a bit since I dont know how to remove the console etc.... . I hope someone can come up with a solution to cure this problem for good. If I add a tranny cooler will it help?

Quick Reply: Heat from the firewall entering cabin