SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-03, 09:53 AM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bad news everyone
last night i was on my way home from work when this crazy b*sturd swerved into my lane of traffic doing at least 80 mph (i was at the light motionless...). i thought maybe he swerved out of his lane to avoid a car pulling out from a parking spot next to him, because it was only two lanes of traffic- 1 lane going east... the other leading west,but i was approaching the light whan i saw two headlights coming straight for my car and initially was in denial about what i was seeing. i thought this guy was about to swerve back into his lane, slow down or just stop-but to my dismay kept going... i had to make a quick decision to save my life at this point... so from a stand still( the light just changed) i spun my wheel all the way to the right and gunned the accelerator..causing this fool to side-swipe the driver's side of my car,and then have a head on collision with the car behind me. Hang on people,it gets better..... do you know who was directly behind me?....cant guess?....UNDERCOVER POLICE!!!. his car was completely destroyed(airbags deployed and such) colliding with the police. i came out of my car furious at the time looking to find out what the hell happened, when the officer stopped me from approaching this ROACH!
Basically this guy was 100% at fault and admitted full liability...claims he "blacked" out when it happened,but i think this guy had to have been on some sort of narcotic when this happened, because the nature of the accident made no sense whatsoever- i'm okay though,just a little sore from the impact ,it could have been extremely worse had i not reacted in time...just not my time to leave this place yet i guess....
i will post pics of my baby as soon as i get to the shop... i know @ this point i need: new fender,door/and hindges,quarter panel work and my rear wheel/ rim is broken... broken axle?... more than likely. there are probably some unseen damage underneath the rear end of this car as well.
if this were any other car i would try to have it totalled but, i've put so much into this car in terms of work, time and energy to get it where it was that i would take a complete loss on it and i can't go for that. at this point though, i'm assessing all options...i've had this car for..Jan will make 5 years, and have fully restored it to the point where it needed nothing mechanically(i'm very meticulous with this car)it runs 110%
not to mention that i just got my car back exactly 1 day ago from installing daizen bushings up front with a new rack and pinion,front brake hoses, and rear wheel bearings....damn it hurts!!!!. this was my last confirmation that it is time for me to get the hell out of new york!....sorry for the extensive writing here, but i needed to vent to my lexus family.... thanx for lending me your ear.
Old 12-03-03, 10:02 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

You're lucky that you reacted in time. Glad you are ok. You are going to miss your baby when it's in for repairs. You put a lot of work in it. Do you feel any leftover trauma? I know I did when I got in an accident. It's a good thing the fuzz was there to say it's all his fault and a good thing he didn't get away.
Old 12-03-03, 10:12 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My gosh, glad your ok.

As I've said before, cars can be replaced (fixed) but people can't. Just another reason to count our blessings and be safe out there this holiday season.

I hope you and your car make a full and speedy recovery.
Old 12-03-03, 10:18 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really glad to hear that you are okay... one question i have though, was the undercover cop behind you for any special reason or was it just coinsidence?
Old 12-03-03, 10:35 AM
SC394
Driver School Candidate

Default That pisses me off

Sorry to hear about that. There are so many [LANGUAGE EDIT] out there driving it is ridiculous.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 12-03-03 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-03-03, 10:47 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

good thinking quick draw !!

i couldn't have asked for any luck better than to have a Po Po as a witness.
Old 12-03-03, 11:05 AM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Man, sad to hear it. I've always admired you car, the projects you've done on it and the pictures you take. Wow, five years is a long time to have that car because I'm just past one year and I couldn't iimagine losing it even now, so I can't begin to understand how you feel, plus mine is stock and you have a lot of money into yours. Hope you get everything worked out and that you're OK and this guy gets what he deserves.

James
Old 12-03-03, 11:56 AM
AFGuy0127
Rookie

It's good to hear you're ok man. I don't know if I could've reacted like that. And definitely can't be any luckier than to have a cop right behind you to witness the whole thing. Good luck with the car, and look on the bright side... you don't have to pay for any of it!!
Old 12-03-03, 12:03 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

afguy, check your pm please
Old 12-03-03, 12:51 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

damn D, im glad your alright. Did this happpen in Brooklyn?

Look on the bright side, paint the entire car, and have the sucker pay for it.

If you need anything, give me a holler.
Old 12-03-03, 01:16 PM
95BlackSC
Pole Position

i'm glad you're ok man, and i'm sorry about the car-
Old 12-03-03, 01:21 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

im happy to hear youre ok, same thing pretty much happened to me the other week, a guy in a grand am, just starts gliding into my lane on the freeway, no signal,nothing. thank goodness I was on the far right lane and had the shoulder to swerv on, and was able to honk and get back into my lane, i was infuriated, but nowhere close to your misfortune, best wishes on a quick recovery.

-mike.
Old 12-03-03, 02:29 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn that must suck! Glad your okay tho Deron..
Old 12-03-03, 02:40 PM
BAZ
Pole Position

DARN IT.......I AM SOOOOOOOOOO ANGRY FOR YOU! am gonna have to cool of b4 i reply to this!
Old 12-03-03, 03:32 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

DDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN I'm pissed like a *****!!!!!!!!!

I was just showing the details of this car to my uncle on Saturday and now THIS CRAP???!!!! Plus I know how long it was in the shop getting those new repairs man, I thought only the GS's were cursed but i guess its creeping over to the SCs too man!!!

This hurts me personally, cause i know how much you put into this baby, its so messed up because I was just looking at it on Saturday. I know we grown men always say a car is just a car, but it still hurts when something you put time, thought and effort into is messed up!!

I swear man you will come out stronger after this, either new suspension, or some new wheels, or something man!!

Keep ya head up, I called the cell, mang, just call me wheneva dog

Quick Reply: crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!