SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sick of these plate tickets!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-03, 02:16 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Sick of these plate tickets!!

Every time I go to my girls crib in Yonkers I can almost count on getting a ticket for "no front plate displayed" or "improperly displayed plate" (after the first ticket I put the plate in the windshield). I got my car from Ohio and they only require one plate, so there is no mounting bracket or holes in the bumper. I really don't want to drill but at $75 a pop for these tickets it aint cheap. I was wondering if anyone had ideas on an alternative way to mount the plate, maybe even temporarily which would be enough not to get a ticket when parked. I was thinking maybe on the airdam? If not I'm going to have to drill, damn meter maids!!
Old 10-16-03, 02:45 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do a search, people came up interesting ideas in the past....I'm on the same boat, I just try not to park on the street where the meter maids can get to raid me...
Old 10-16-03, 03:03 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default what he said...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=54514
Attached Thumbnails Sick of these plate tickets!!-delthis.jpg  
Old 10-16-03, 03:09 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Ingenious, looks like I will have a small project for this weekend. Thanks for the response. Think about what I can do with all the money I'll save........lol.
Old 10-16-03, 03:17 PM
NRG
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just get the mounting hardware and put your plate on the original spot.
i wish people would stop putting their plate on the dash.
i've seen and heard about people gettin hurt by a flying license plate during car accidents..
some have got their head chopped off.
hope people see it more of a safety reason, then bling bling effect for not having a front plate.
Cops are just trying to keep you safe.
Old 10-16-03, 03:26 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have this problem =)
where i am we don't need to put front plates =)
Old 10-16-03, 03:31 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by NRG
just get the mounting hardware and put your plate on the original spot.
i wish people would stop putting their plate on the dash.
i've seen and heard about people gettin hurt by a flying license plate during car accidents..
some have got their head chopped off.
hope people see it more of a safety reason, then bling bling effect for not having a front plate.
Cops are just trying to keep you safe.
Meter maids aren't concerned for our safety, just doing their job. NYC police aren't either. They're handing out more tickets in NYC for the same reason the average cost of every ticket in NYC has gone up........the city is in a large deficit and needs more revenue.

Not really worried about the "bling bling" effect in my stock Lexus. I'm just hesitant to drill.

Last edited by Technics; 10-16-03 at 03:52 PM.
Old 10-16-03, 04:21 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Lightbulb Ohio requires front plate, too.

I don't know who told you that Ohio doesn't require a front plate. They've required them for at least the past 20 or so years. PA, on the other hand, still only requires the rear plate.
Old 10-16-03, 04:25 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

I'd have to disagree about police officers in general. I don't want to turn this into a thread that should be put on the debate forum but yhey put their life on the line for our safety. Sure there's a deficit, but they don't directly get the money so they don't really have much to gain from it. It just keeps them busy and filling their supposed "non quota". On the other hand, IMHO I'd have to strongly agree with meter maids. Their full intent is to find traffic violators. Especially minor ones. If they enforce speeding laws as strongly as they enforce tint and license plate laws, we wouldn't have kids having high speed races on residential areas.
Old 10-16-03, 04:26 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

For the most part, I'm referring to California cops.
Old 10-16-03, 04:36 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by siniquezu
I'd have to disagree about police officers in general. I don't want to turn this into a thread that should be put on the debate forum but yhey put their life on the line for our safety. Sure there's a deficit, but they don't directly get the money so they don't really have much to gain from it. It just keeps them busy and filling their supposed "non quota". On the other hand, IMHO I'd have to strongly agree with meter maids. Their full intent is to find traffic violators. Especially minor ones. If they enforce speeding laws as strongly as they enforce tint and license plate laws, we wouldn't have kids having high speed races on residential areas.
I strongly agree, I hope I didn't come off the wrong way. I have friends that are NYC police officers and I know the position they put themselves in everyday, it's wild out there and I show much respect. However, tickets handed out for "no front plate displayed" wouldn't constitute a safety issue like a ticket for "no seatbelt" for instance. It's more of a identification issue than safety. It probably explains why all my tickets for no front plate were given to me by meter maids and not police officers. I should have that situation remedied by this weekend though.

Last edited by Technics; 10-16-03 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-16-03, 05:54 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

I have never got ticketed for no front plates from meter maids..But, I've gotten pulled over by a NYC cop in the middle of midtown, right when I just got out of Lexus of Manhattan becuase I had to check a car out...He gave me a summons for not having a front plate for 55 dollars..Since it was only 55 dolars, I plan to just pay it and never put my front plates on....I wouldn't want to drill holes into my JIC front end if the ticket was 200 dollars for that matter...
Old 10-16-03, 06:03 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just drill some holes, sooner or later they will get you in NY. I was in the same shoes, new bumper, new paint, no holes, looking fresh and clean. After x tickets, I said screw it and got a mounting frame, and called it a day.

You will have fewer gray hairs in the long run.
Old 10-16-03, 07:32 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

I had the same problem as you guys, So I just fit the licence plate in the air dam

Tommy
Old 10-16-03, 07:40 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

sorry here is the pic
Attached Thumbnails Sick of these plate tickets!!-sc400-tommys-car.jpg  

Quick Reply: Sick of these plate tickets!!