SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

PIctures - Leatherseats.com Tan/Mocha Inserts!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-05, 09:23 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PIctures - Leatherseats.com Tan/Mocha Inserts!!

Here's some pictures of my driver's seat new leather. Hopefully I won't get this locked since somebody else may have a similar thread about pictures or something.

BTW, I was asking about bottom seat COUSHIN removal, not seat removal....I know how to do that and it was sitting in my lap as I was posting.

For future refrence and searchers "SEAT COUSHIN REMOVAL": You have to raise the seat and push it forward all the way. Its harder to get to than the passenger seat due to the lumbar support in the way and causing problems.

I had to repaint my seat black due to a huge amount of rust in it!!

Also, what are the 2 leather sheets that came with it, extra coushining for something? I didn't put them anywhere because I really didn't know where.

Here's the pics:
Attached Thumbnails PIctures - Leatherseats.com Tan/Mocha Inserts!!-dsc03478.jpg  
Old 04-05-05, 09:32 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

BTW, I know I need to wipe them off from my dirty hands!
Attached Thumbnails PIctures - Leatherseats.com Tan/Mocha Inserts!!-dsc03479.jpg  
Old 04-05-05, 09:33 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Random Leather thing...
Attached Thumbnails PIctures - Leatherseats.com Tan/Mocha Inserts!!-dsc03480.jpg  
Old 04-05-05, 09:34 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Rusted seat frame 1
Attached Thumbnails PIctures - Leatherseats.com Tan/Mocha Inserts!!-dsc03481.jpg  
Old 04-05-05, 09:34 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Rusted Seat Frame 2
Attached Thumbnails PIctures - Leatherseats.com Tan/Mocha Inserts!!-dsc03482.jpg  
Old 04-05-05, 09:50 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by TMaxxTim
BTW, I was asking about bottom seat COUSHIN removal, not seat removal....I know how to do that and it was sitting in my lap as I was posting
Here's the pics:
we'll just stick these here so the next search will find them all in one thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...e+seat+cushion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...98&postcount=4

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...e+seat+cushion

there were roughly 14, but these are all that is needed in info.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 04-05-05 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-06-05, 06:49 AM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default nice

Originally Posted by TMaxxTim
Here's some pictures of my driver's seat new leather. Hopefully I won't get this locked since somebody else may have a similar thread about pictures or something.

Also, what are the 2 leather sheets that came with it, extra coushining for something? I didn't put them anywhere because I really didn't know where.
I had the exact same color combo after Jerome called that they had the newer color that matched better. I wrote up “what I did” steps on the most recent forum. I should have gotten the ‘more leather’ option because the rear seats are all vinyl except for the insert, but for $600 I got a super deal. My insert is just straight and doesn’t have the proliferated design like yours (original style). Did you request to have the insert like the original? Front seats came out perfect with no wrinkles but the rear seats were so tight that I had to do some serious pulling. Front seats were easy to cover but PITA to maneuver in-out-around because of its heavy weight and small door opening.

One recommendation on your front seats, around the neck area where the headrest inserts, you may want to pull the plastic clip down from inside and fold it outward around the inner-insert area. From one other forum I read, he fabricated the plastic with the original which I would have done if I have the proper equipment.

Extra sheet of vinyl that came with the order probably can be use to cover the door panels. Arm rest cover I got was little larger than the original replaced. I ended with wrinkles so I may have to redo it sometime later.

For folks with the heated seats, I used the spray glue to hold it in its place and used 1-2 clips per side to ensure its location. Once the cover goes on the heating pad should not move inside.

It was a lot of work (10hrs) but it was a bonding experience. Hope 19 (total 21) others who were in the last group buy will post their work soon.
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-05, 09:22 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

great job Tim!

i dunno why the other thread were closed either. Looks great!
Old 04-06-05, 09:38 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Looks great Tim, nice job!

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
i dunno why the other thread were closed either.
Its pretty apparent if you read it.. everyone involved was pretty rude to one another and it was going nowhere useful. Rather than monitoring an already ugly thread to make sure it didn't continue to go downhill AND because the question posed in the post was answered, I locked it. Anyone that has further questions or concerns about that, PM me so we can get this thread back on track to Tim's awesome looking interior.
Old 04-06-05, 09:43 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Looks great Tim, nice job!

Its pretty apparent if you read it.. everyone involved was pretty rude to one another and it was going nowhere useful. Rather than monitoring an already ugly thread to make sure it didn't continue to go downhill AND because the question posed in the post was answered, I locked it. Anyone that has further questions or concerns about that, PM me so we can get this thread back on track to Tim's awesome looking interior.
thanks for the reply dave. I didn't read it completely. I usually don't listen to bickering on the threads anymore, Just what the topic it's about. Thanks for your reply.
Old 04-06-05, 01:49 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tim,

really looks awesome man - I am most impressed. What doesn't impress me though is your terrible spelling!!! Cushion man, cushion!!

Peace,
Jonny
Old 04-06-05, 02:37 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Yeah I knew it didn't look right...but it was late, and word usually takes care of it for me. Just got the passenger seat done. Did a few things I missed on the drivers seat...i mean attachemnt points so I might go back and fix it, still not sure.

Just a little bit left now!
Old 04-07-05, 07:33 AM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Wow Tim big difference than what they were before! They look sweet! That is a really good investment. I will have to come see them sometime soon.