Search this Thread

Old 08-11-03, 02:38 AM
soarerltd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air suspension controller problem

Hi guys,
>
> I just bought lexus soarer 94 ltd model E-UZZ31-ACPZK (last night) with after market data system spec r air suspension
controller... Everything worked fine until my 17 year old son
decided to play with the car while I was away and he set all ride height values (or reset them) so the car at the moment is sitting very low with very stiff suspension (impossible to drive)...
>
> Instead of punishing him I decided to try to fix a problem...
Unfortunately the instruction manual was not delivered with a vehicle so it is impossible to set the correct values...
The unit looks very similar to ASE 664 found on data system web site in Japan except for different button shapes...
>
> Is anybody familiar with this unit...
> Does anybody have a soft (PDF or else) copy of the manual instructions for this model?
> If not do you know where can I get one ASAP?
>
> Any ideas on how to reset active suspension control to factory default values (eg control via button located on a centre console norm / height)?
>
> Your help is very much appreciated.
>
> ps Could any of you please provide your contact telephone number so I can call you to discuss in more details...
>
> Best regards

Peter Rakovic

Hi guys,

I would like to apologise for not providing my personal profile as yet (did some of it this morning, photo to follow) but I really appreciate your help at the moment...

I tried contacting data system in Tokyo (send them an e-mail requesting quote for r-spec manual but no reply as yet)...

At this stage I am planning to try a couple things:

1) playing againg with a controller as sugested (holdeing lef button down while trying to acess sub-menus using left buttons)

2) Disconnect negative battery terminal for 1 hr (unit should reset itself hopefully)

3) Accessing suspension controller (behind passenger seat rear back panel) and disconecting after market unit

4) Contacting Lexus Brighton and trying to get more infor from them (eg maual instrustions for controller)...

5) As soon as I put my hand on one of the manuals I will scan it and post it on all lexus's forums so next fellow with the same problems will be able to fix it easier

Thanks to all I will keep you informed...

Peter R.
Old 08-11-03, 08:55 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

You need to get in touch with Peter Scott @ planet soarer. He can help you out. Just do a search for him.

Good luck.

Edit: Here i searched for you.

http://planetsoarer.com/

Email: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...rm&userid=1343

Last edited by O. L. T.; 08-11-03 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-11-03, 10:04 AM
BAZ
Pole Position

YEP, second that peter scott's yer man, or rob hayden.
Just a small point, you dont have active air sus, you have the air bag sus! [ active only on uzz32 ]
Should think it would only take mins, not an hour to clear memory!
By the way you did'nt aquire this car in the uk did u?
Old 08-15-03, 01:22 AM
soarerltd
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for reply...

You guys are right the car does have only air suspension...

Peter Scott or Robert could not help...

Unfortunately the news is not so good...

I tried disconecting negative battery teminal for 3 mins first after which front suspension pumped up to high level (good news that compressor and fron air bags are ok)...
Than I disconnected negative battery temianl for 6 hrs and nothing changed...

In the mean time I talked to the guy who's got some knowledge about this unit and he advised me to set some vaules based on his experience but again nothing changed...

I just came back from work 9Fri afternoon) and after three whiskies and and half crow lager I decided ti try my step no 3 above...

I guess Murphy's law striked again the wires from the after market controller are soldered in parallel with the original controller wires (it was not just a question of disconnecting connectors and plugging original controller's harness in)...

This is where I am at right now...

I hope somebody will come back to me in the mean time and provide bloody instructions for this controller...

I contacted my friend who is teaching Japanese in Tokyo and he is seraching for manual as well...

Answer to Zink:

Ja sam iz Batajnice i moje pravo ime je Predrag (dedino ime je bilo Petar pa sam ga uzeo kao moje ime jer mi je dosadilo da svakome spelujem ime i prezime)...

Regards
Peter R.
Old 08-15-03, 02:21 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

NO need to disconnect the battery... most controllers are the same.
1. On your car do you have a high & low switch on the consel ........ make sure its in low.

2. On your controller you have one button on the top left..... its the on - off - 2 or 3 setting for the diffrent ride heights.

3. the other buttons are to adjust the level of the ride.

If yours has the lights that go across the middle then its kind of like the numbers & letters below.

On mine which is not the same as yours....... mine goes from the number 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 0. number (8) is the lowest it will go. 0 is the middle A, B, C, D, E, F,G, H. (H) is the highest.

try pressing the on and off button 1st. if there are pre set postions on the controller already then the car will raise up. Just keep pushing that button but wait a couple of minutes before you press it again. if the car raises good check the height. If its to high then start using the other buttons to lower it to your liking.

If the car does not raise at all when pushing the main button. then try pushing the other raise buttons after you push the main button. keep doing that until it starts to raise up.

On the main button hold it for a second or two yours might come on that way. Mine comes on when I make sure its set in the ON postion or if Im using one of the preset postions.

LAST resort can you get ahold of the person who owned the car before you? Have him or her show you.

I hope this helped. Many diffrent controllers have been made but most are basically the same.

Good luck.
Old 08-15-03, 08:32 AM
BAZ
Pole Position

Nice one leadlap! glad someone could help him.....i did'nt know you had air/sus + a controller?

still dont know where you bought the car from + details/history?