CL Vendor Products for SC300/SC400 New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the 1SC model from CL Vendors

Now taking preorders: 50MM Front Fenders, Vented AND Non-Vented!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-16, 10:26 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by APTech
I'm contemplating on adding some aggressive camber up front and running 19x12's in the front, i'm just not sure my wallet can handle it at this time, recently picked up a 16 Mazda CX-3 to put my dogs in when we go up to the snow.

I've still got a bit of ways to go before im happy with the rears, but will definitely post pictures once they are done.
Is the fender +50mm all the way through or just at the widest point? On my car I always ran into issues where the bodyline is and where the bumper meets the fender, but this was with air suspension and slamming the car. Is there anyway you could test fit a larger rim in the front?
Old 12-07-16, 10:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

I hope it is not only at the widest point which is the center top of the tire /wheel and it gradually goes down symmetrically otherwise we will have a problem on wider rims / tires from the 10 to 2 0'clock area . The damn tires will tear apart those fenders when the shock is at play or the car bounces up and down. There is no point of having a wide body and the damn car is all jacked up in the air like a 4x4 . Pretty sure Irving and his gang will take care of that !

Thus pictures really from all angles will help every one see how things will look with wide rims / tires .
Old 12-07-16, 11:17 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be more than happy to test-fit some wheels if anyone has any spares in my area (91710). I'll take some images in a bit and post them up, but the overall fender is wider than stock, and narrows down to meet the factory parts BEYOND the wheel well.
Old 12-07-16, 11:23 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I will be more than happy to test-fit some wheels if anyone has any spares in my area (91710). I'll take some images in a bit and post them up, but the overall fender is wider than stock, and narrows down to meet the factory parts BEYOND the wheel well.
if you can't find any wide rims .. jack up the car up to a certain level just enough to insert the wheel / tire (as in car being lowered) and move those wheels tires (let them stand) at the outer most part of the fender / quarter panel just to simulate wider rims/tires . That will give us an idea where the fender / quarter panel area (10 to 2 oclock) is on top of the tires so when the car bounces that area isn't hitting the top of the tires.
Old 12-07-16, 11:27 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

If you were around 30 minutes away from me it would be a lot easier to schedule something, but Chino is almost an hour away, so that would be 2 hours of driving + 1 hour to test fit and take photos.

Hopefully someone else is in your area with wide wheels.
Old 12-07-16, 11:29 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

The image above will give you a good context to work with. Notice how the body line immediately begins to widen as it goes away from the door. By the time it reaches the wheel well the fender is at full width.
Old 12-07-16, 11:52 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Hard to imagine it on that picture Irving . I guess the question is .. is the area I encircled in blue on top of the tire or is the tire inside that area ? Red is tire . To maximize the 50mm width , we will bring out the wheel / tire with the right offset so that it won't look like it is sunken but instead flushed to the fender . So if it's on top of the tire , every time the shock is in play the fender will be pressing against the tire and will be torn apart. It holds true also on the front part of the tire where the bumper is.

Name:  ap2_zps1x2tuxxr.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  335.6 KB

Look at the rear wheel / tire on the following picture ... 10 to 2 oclock area of the tire / wheel is inside the quarter panel so if the car bounces up and down , quarter panel doesn't touch the tire but instead tire slides inside. I assume yours is same. And should hold true with the fronts. Those fenders and quarter panels I assume are pulled enough to have room for the tires as the car bounces up and down. Hopefully I am making myself clear . That will be the only concern, otherwise , the damn car looks great with a complete APTech Wide Body kit of yours . Clean looking and those wide body fenders / quarter panels, I must say, complement your initial APTech body kit. It is for me a classy looking wide bodied SC.

Good Job !!!!

Name:  red3_zpsfqqvckkd.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  51.1 KB

Last edited by gerrb; 12-07-16 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-07-16, 12:10 PM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Yeah, im going to need wider wheels to get the images you want.
Old 12-07-16, 05:03 PM
APTech
Former Sponsor

A little side by side example of the two styles. Both are 50mm wider than stock.
Old 12-07-16, 11:07 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

nice fronts man, I love the look

I tried making a custom widebody kit for my C5 vette and its true you can run into a lot of issues if you don't have the entire wheel arch extended

Hope these ones work out

Now all you need is some 75mm rears
Old 12-09-16, 08:50 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

I thought about doing 80mm fenders, but i dont think i can mass market that wide of an over lol.
Old 12-09-16, 09:44 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

hell .. if it will look good why not ? why don't you try making one .. 80mm at the rear and 50mm infront , you never know I and others might like it. I am seriours buddy ! Just thinking of it .. 80mm makes me salivate . Then you have two options .. one who like the 50mm or 80mm at the rear .

EDIT : Between the two fenders pictured above , which one in your opinion is stronger ? One with or without that opening ? Looks to me it just adds up to the aesthetic value and no functional use but having less material on the arch makes the other one sturdier. I like the look but I will go for durability.

If you want me to be your guinea pig on a 80mm rear and 50mm front . I will do it . Make one for me and just don't charge me wanting both my arms and legs , hahaha. . One of my cars is destined to be wide bodied now with your kit. It already has the APTech bumpers and side skirts. Just make sure I don't have any problem with really wide wheels and tires on the arch areas .. 9 to 3pm area . Shoot , with 80mm rear , I can fit 14-15" wide Weld Racing Wheels ... hahaha. And my Old Man Tan which I am lining up for a wide body will benefit a lot with those wide tires with the power it is making now.

Pretty sure you are not aware but I always wanted to have a wide bodied SC . I even started a thread and junked it since I can't find someone who can do the fabrication for me without paying them with an arm and a leg. They wanted a kidney too .

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...peed-v160.html

Last edited by gerrb; 12-09-16 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-09-16, 10:01 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
hell .. if it will look good why not ? why don't you try making one .. 80mm at the rear and 50mm infront , you never know I and others might like it. I am seriours buddy ! Just thinking of it .. 80mm makes me salivate . Then you have two options .. one who like the 50mm or 80mm at the rear .
Feel the same way....the more options the better.

Start to make the SC like an exotic car if it had that wide back side.....lol
Old 12-09-16, 11:01 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

80MM overs would make it almost 6.5 inches wider overall in the rear. That would make the rear wider than c6 z06. At that width i fear it would not look right without needing a complete wide body.
Old 12-09-16, 11:29 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

We wont know until you show us the 50/50 combo right now.

Where are those full body shots at?

Quick Reply: Now taking preorders: 50MM Front Fenders, Vented AND Non-Vented!