Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What I need for installing this engine in my 93 sc300

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-16, 07:45 PM
chaacmool1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I need for installing this engine in my 93 sc300

This is a TOYOTA Soarer Supra 1JZGTE Turbo Engine 2.5 L, VVTI Motor

This is my old 2jz engine but this have idled problems and overhead problems two months ago exchange timing bell and water pump and exchange valve cover gasket but when running this car have little noise in the engine and loss power and engine is hot any help in this question in installing this engine is good

Old 09-26-16, 07:50 PM
Ghoulie
Driver School Candidate

not to be a jerk, but if you are asking this question, you probably do not have the mechanical skills to do it. If you want to swap in the JDM soarer turbo 1jz, find a competent shop and be prepared to pay quite a bit to have it done properly.

Before anyone asks, this is not my first post, this is just a new account for me.
Old 09-26-16, 09:31 PM
chaacmool1
Rookie

Yes this my problem I not mechanic but my ask is this engine is compatibility in my car
Old 09-27-16, 01:51 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by chaacmool1
Yes this my problem I not mechanic but my ask is this engine is compatibility in my car
Almost any engine can be made compatible with almost any car. In the case of this 1JZ-GTE VVT-i engine... the SC/Soarer chassis is one of the platforms it was designed for from the factory. Japanese Soarers got those engines in 1996 models. There are many things you will need to address, yes (for instance, you need to swap the oil pan from a 2JZ-GE engine from an SC300 or Supra MKIV if the 1JZ-GTE engine did not come from a Soarer-- most likely it did not; also the engine harness must be converted and extended for LHD, etc.), but the short answer is that the engine will fit, yes. It bolts into the engine bay the same as your 2JZ-GE engine as soon as you change the oil pan. But bolting it in is only a small part of a swap.

Do some searching here to get a better idea of what you will need. There are many small things involved in a swap not covered in the broader points.

The 1JZ-GTE VVT-i is a great engine. Just do not buy one that uses a DBW (drive by wire) throttle, especially when it comes from a late model Toyota Crown sedan.

Going to a good shop to have the work done is not uncommon and many people have done it. Generally costs more. You'd want to go to a good establishment that does this sort of work regularly and doesn't have the same project cars sitting around every time you visit the shop.

Then again, many people have swapped engines themselves and some even do their own electrical wiring for merging the all-important engine harnesses that come with your swap with the connectors on your car's original harness (although there are small companies that perform these services as well for a price). Just FYI, the 1JZ-GTE VVT-i engine harness electrical pinout has been posted here on the forums if you are electrically inclined.

Don't be overwhelmed. Many people swap engines and the 1JZ-GTE VVT-i is a great example. I would suggest searching on the forums to get a better idea of what will be involved. Learning and planning ahead go a long way to making the process easier if not planning to hand the project over to a specialty shop to do for you.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 09-27-16 at 02:00 AM.
Old 09-27-16, 06:00 PM
chaacmool1
Rookie

Thanks kahnbb6.for this information this import engine
have two engines first pict and this 2jz vvti in you experience you think is more easy installing

Old 09-28-16, 11:05 AM
chaacmool1
Rookie

Yes only think I have $3000 dollars and for tvvi turbo is $1150 dollars and need buy more pieces the engine
oil pan, fix harnes wires and need check how much is the cost for installing this engine firts or put the other ingine cost is $850 dollars plus and need buy transmission and cost is only because like turbo and my sc300 for this I think in my spend money in this maybe need more money