SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 OEM Subwoofer Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-16, 11:10 AM
matguy
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, from what I have seen it's a pain. Be ready to remove the back seats to get the back tray cover off. But, I've had my back seats out to wire in cables for a new sub amp, so it's not all that bad.
Old 07-27-16, 05:11 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

If you don't mind "finessing" the parcel shelf a bit (it's somewhat fragile), you can do it with just removing the back seats which is quite easy: pull up on the front of the seat bottoms (one strong clip on each side), slide the cushion forward and out, undo the three 12mm bolts at the bottom of the seat back, slide the seat belts around the back of it, then lift it up and out of its hook holes at the top.

If you don't want to damage the parcel shelf, you'll also want to remove the trim from the back windows. That's quite a bit more involved, as you also have to pull down the B-pillar trim (er, make that A-pillar) and back seat lower trim that clips into it and hides all the fastener points. Oh, and you'll probably need to remove the [front] seat belt, too. Needless to say, I don't have a high opinion of the members of the design team who made such a simple thing so difficult.

Edit: You should only have to do that on one side, though, as that ought to free up the parcel shelf enough to slide out from under the other side.

You might get lucky and find that you can get to the 4 bolts holding the sub in by just lifting its cover off the parcel shelf. I don't think that'll give you enough space to pull the sub out, but maybe...

Last edited by t2d2; 07-27-16 at 08:30 PM.
Old 07-27-16, 07:32 PM
SaintLexus
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default -

Thanks for the heads up and for the detailed instruction. But I need to see it visually. So can you re-do yours and upload it to YouTube!

Kidding aside.... I'll try and follow your steps! Thanks to you all!

Originally Posted by t2d2
If you don't mind "finessing" the parcel shelf a bit (it's somewhat fragile), you can do it with just removing the back seats which is quite easy: pull up on the front of the seat bottoms (one strong clip on each side), slide the cushion forward and out, undo the three 12mm bolts at the bottom of the seat back, slide the seat belts around the back of it, then lift it up and out of its hook holes at the top.

If you don't want to damage the parcel shelf, you'll also want to remove the trim from the back windows. That's quite a bit more involved, as you also have to pull down the B-pillar trim and back seat lower trim that clips into it and hides all the fastener points. Oh, and you'll probably need to remove the seat belt, too. Needless to say, I don't have a high opinion of the members of the design team who made such a simple thing so difficult.

You might get lucky and find that you can get to the 4 bolts holding the sub in by just lifting its cover off the parcel shelf. I don't think that'll give you enough space to pull the sub out, but maybe...

Last edited by SaintLexus; 07-27-16 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-28-16, 07:09 AM
tsmith1315
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SaintLexus
But I need to see it visually.!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...-part-1-a.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...b-working.html