SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

My car got hit, while parked, AGAIN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-16, 03:10 AM
Meghanw1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car got hit, while parked, AGAIN!!!

My car just got hit . . . AGAIN!! For the 4TH time while parked on my street. I know you guys will understand my heartbreak and frustration. I just made it through a huge ordeal this last month trying to get my car to pass smog. Took 4 smog checks and plenty of $$ before it finally passed. (Thanks again Cali!!) Did all the work myself trying to troubleshoot the smog issue. (Keep in mind my car was running great prior to needing to pass smog) Then it was making this stupid sound. Which turned out to be the serpentine belt tensioner. Which manifested into having to pay my mechanic $1100 to fix the tensioner, oil pump and coolant leak, cam and crank shaft seals, valve cover gasket, and fan clutch. Which needed to be addressed, I suppose.
Then I get my car back and it runs great . . . until I get to the stoplight where the engine starts to stumble and seems like it wants to die. Grrrrr! So my mechanic says it's likely because the spark plugs need to be changed. OMG!! Seriously?!
Okay. Fine.
So I, once again, am removing the STUPID throttle body. This time in 100 degree weather. So not what I wanted to be doing. Where the damn spark plug breaks! Really?! ----ing really??!! So finally, I finish changing the plugs and everything seems to be running great!! Yay! So night before last I decide to wash, polish and wax my car. She was back to looking and running like the car I know and love!!!
Until tonight when I heard a loud sound outside . . . .
(insert scary music of impending doom)
DUN DUN DUNNNNN!! . . . .
I went into my backyard to see if some jacka** had hit some unfortunates car again down below, where I live but definitely where I Do Not park because there is too much traffic down there and I've seen people crash into other parked cars in the past. (Its not really even all that busy, just a little stop sign people never see, despite the fact that it's right next to a middle school where people should be driving slow anyway!)
Anyway, I ouldn't see anything down there but heard some commotion over on my street, where I park my car. I live on a little dead end, super quiet, seemingly safe, street. I go out to check. And find this. . . . <br >
NOOOOOO!!!!

It was a hit and run. Probably drunk. I cried. It already has a salvage title from when my neighbor hit it a couple years ago. Since then it has been hit twice. Plus today. Which equals 4 times my poor car has been hit while parked on my street. And every time I was parked in a different location. . . even on different sides of the street!
So if anyone knows how to remove this ------ ------- invisible target from my car, please pm me.
Ha ha!
Trying to laugh. But SO not funny!!
Old 07-02-16, 04:23 AM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

sorry to hear. I know how frustrating it can be when a hit and run occurs. It's sad. I feel for you.

About the invisible target... waxing and polishing didn't help (usually brightens the target actually. lol) I would maybe call an exorcist or a priest... maybe both at this point... 4 times!! really?!? yeah, maybe the ghostbusters too at this point.

but seriously, sad to see this happen.
Old 07-02-16, 09:06 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the Vin, you may have gotten one of the haunted SC's, if it ends in 13666 the car is on a one way ticket to hell and is trying to drag you down with it.
Old 07-02-16, 09:33 AM
Tempock
Rookie

Originally Posted by eknine9
Check the Vin, you may have gotten one of the haunted SC's, if it ends in 13666 the car is on a one way ticket to hell and is trying to drag you down with it.
I can't tell if your being serious.
Old 07-02-16, 11:59 AM
Meghanw1
Rookie

Nope. Vin ends in 777, just like my license plate. You would think it was lucky. But unfortunately, not so much. Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 07-02-16, 06:41 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

A drive way or a garage needs to be in your future.....

Sorry to see this happen when you spent so much time and money getting the car running in tip top shape....

The hit and run aspect is especially troubling.
Old 07-02-16, 10:42 PM
sunny416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man this sucks. reminds me of when my accord was parked in front of my house and someone did that to it. i too cried and feel your pain. jack*** didnt even leave a note or anything.

hopefully a junkyard near you has a black sc. replace the door and maybe now overfenders?
Old 07-03-16, 01:30 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry dude I feel you - my current SC got hit twice in a month on the street as well. It's frustrating how people are capable of doing such things.
Old 07-03-16, 02:31 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Meghan... I am so sorry That damage does not look good. I am sure the car itself will be fine to drive but repairing that is some work. You'd need to have a rear driver's side fender cut out from another SC and brought to a body shop. The door... just get another SC door. The bit of the frame in the middle I am not sure. I'm not the best at recommending body work but this person should have been arrested at the scene for doing this to your car.

I abhor inebriated drivers. Had a few and feel tipsy? Get someone else to drive or tough it out and wait a few hours. Not worth it. What if this person had hit a person and killed them and not just ruined someone's car?

I'm so sorry. You just went through so much, spent so much... and now this. I am sure the car will still drive just fine. Maybe get the alignment checked in the rear just to be safe. Any advice and help we can give you in terms of moving forward, just ask Meghan.
Old 07-03-16, 08:24 AM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by eknine9
Lol, my SC's VIN ends with 666 and it's had so many issues...it's for sale, actually.

@ OP, sorry to see, maybe time to start with a clean slate.

I hope the idiot that hit you totaled his car.
Old 07-03-16, 10:01 AM
Meghanw1
Rookie

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Meghan... I am so sorry That damage does not look good. I am sure the car itself will be fine to drive but repairing that is some work. You'd need to have a rear driver's side fender cut out from another SC and brought to a body shop. The door... just get another SC door. The bit of the frame in the middle I am not sure. I'm not the best at recommending body work but this person should have been arrested at the scene for doing this to your car.

I abhor inebriated drivers. Had a few and feel tipsy? Get someone else to drive or tough it out and wait a few hours. Not worth it. What if this person had hit a person and killed them and not just ruined someone's car?

I'm so sorry. You just went through so much, spent so much... and now this. I am sure the car will still drive just fine. Maybe get the alignment checked in the rear just to be safe. Any advice and help we can give you in terms of moving forward, just ask Meghan.
Thank you, Craig!!
Old 07-03-16, 09:05 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Damn that's a pretty bad one, sorry that keeps happening to you, really sucks when its your baby. Its like they hit it and then kept on powering through... ouch
You don't have to get the quarter cut and welded you can just have a shop re-shape it to flattish and then fill the rest, its not the perfect solution but if its a good shop it'll come out fine, the cutting and welding is better but is probably a lot more expensive.
For sure the spark plug changes are painful on a stock motor... those stupid coolant hoses were like my nemesis.

I recently added a hit and run body damage to my insurance (after the hit and run so the one that just happened wasn't covered) but surprisingly it wasn't even expensive at all... makes me wonder why I didn't have it in the first place. might want to look into that cause of that whole invisible target thing.

Some people are just terrible human beings also, I had a guy in a tahoe reverse literally on top of the front of my 240sx in a jack in the box drive through... it was painful to watch I didn't even have time to get in reverse, and then he gave me fake information and I had to do all this work to track him down... some people
Old 07-03-16, 09:32 PM
DHenn
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow! 4 times on the same "quiet" street... wonder if it's a coincidence... anyway, is that hub cap from the hit and run car? Might help catch them...

did your car have any insurance? Wish you the best in getting things back in order!
Old 07-04-16, 07:40 AM
Kia96SC300
Driver School Candidate

Yikes, sorry this happened to you
Old 07-04-16, 08:31 AM
salimshah

Received 996 Likes on 900 Posts

Ouch! Sorry to hear. Darn those hit and run drivers.

Our association with our vehicles is getting to a sickness level. If only those idiots realize.

Salim

Quick Reply: My car got hit, while parked, AGAIN!!!