SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Turbo Timer Install questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-16, 08:41 AM
Aswilley
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Turbo Timer Install questions

So I have been looking around and it doesn't look like any one has successfully installed a turbo timer in their SC, or GS for that matter. I installed a HKS Type 0 turbo timmer and am running into some issues. So my questions are:

1 - have any of you installed a turbo timer, have it work, and if so what brand?

2 - can anyone get me a factory picture of the ignition switch circuit (mine are not matching up)?

3 - if anyone has installed on successfully, did you use a plug-n-play harness or hard-wire?

Here are the issues I am running into, when I pull up the ignition switch diagrams on ProDemand it shows me the connector but has no wire colors.

When I finally found the wiring diagram with colors (in power distribution), there are missing 7 wires and only 3 of the 11 wires are correct colors... EXAMPLE -- the power supply wiring diagram shows white/red and white wires hot at all times at the ignition switch, however there is three wires that are actually hot at all times, blk/red, brown, and brown/red ..two of which re not even shown on the diagram.

It would be great to find a write up of someones that has installed one successfully, but its like chasing a unicorn lol

Finally, here is where I am at now. I have the timer hooked up, it worked 4 times perfectly for me. then all of the sudden, it would beep, boot up, and immediately start counting down, once at 0 sec. It would shut off then re-boot and start the whole procedure again and continued doing this for one full day. Parked, Driving, didn't matter.

The next morning, it would only keep re-booting, not count-down clock, no steady on, nothing just beeping and re-booting constantly.

This morning, it wont turn on at all. Given all of the diagrams I have access too it appears all of the wires are connected correctly as far as I know. All of the vehicle functions still work fine. So I am kinda at a loss as to where to go from here without a little insight..

Thanks in advance for any help guys.
Old 05-31-16, 01:32 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Get rid of that junk.....completing unecessary to have one.....

Just let the car sit idling for a few minutes after you drive and you will be fine
Old 06-01-16, 09:59 AM
tptpete
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what year SC? SC3 or SC4?
Old 06-01-16, 02:43 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

generally speaking if it was working at some point and now its not.. check the ground wire.
blk red is probably the one you want out of those 3, but that is accessory and not always hot.
There should be a red type wire that is always hot.

one of those things a soarer is probably closer to the SC than a supra
quick google image search of soarer hks turbo timer.

I don't use one either, I drive the $%!# out of it and then I turn it off... then repeat =)

Last edited by Ali SC3; 06-01-16 at 02:46 PM.