CL Vendor Products for SC300/SC400 New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the 1SC model from CL Vendors

Help me make a spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-16, 07:47 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well this thread got a bit crazy, lol.

I am most definitely open to ideas, however i don't want to completely ditch the shape im working with. I am definitely incorporating some of the ideas in this thread, but quite frankly i love the overall shape of the prototype right now. its aggressive, but its not "chassis mounted 10 foot tall" aggressive.

Making it line up with the body lines on the quarter panel i think will really make it look like something that could have been offered "aftermarket OEM", similar to Shelby for mustang. I'm going to modify the whole bottom half of the wing in the coming week to follow the curvature of the rear more closely, and may do a few other finishing touches on it.

My main purpose with THIS wing (not opposed to making other styles) is to have something that would flow equally nice on a clean "subtle" AC'd SC, AND on a Vertex'd -5 degrees of camber SC.

Last edited by APTech; 05-26-16 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-26-16, 10:59 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm part of the Vertex'd -5 degrees of camber crowd and I'm not sure if I'm the minority here, but I've been wanting a rocket bunny style wing for a while on my SC. I'm all in for a group buy, 100% whenever it launches for this spoiler, but I'm also interested to see what your plans are after the next stage of modifications for this piece. Looking forward to end results!
Old 05-26-16, 01:17 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

There is nothing wrong on the design or you don't have to ditch your original design . All what many are hinting so far on this thread is make it flow with the curves of the SC and not look like a rocket bunny spoiler from a Datsun or Nissan 240 and placed on top of the SC. The rocket bunny spoiler had looked good in so many cars like the 350z, FR-S , G37 and tons of other cars but all taking into consideration the shape of the car . That design if properly shaped for an SC can look good.

Last edited by gerrb; 05-26-16 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-26-16, 05:56 PM
OmgSc400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its hard making a spoiler that fits how curvy the SC, I sent you pictures on facbook what I thought would be best , which was the Wise spoiler. But even that it was tad to sharp , especially on a Shine/AC/APT bodykit.
Old 05-26-16, 06:13 PM
davvv
Driver

I would definitely be interested in B. My 98 spoiler just doesnt do it for me anymore.
Old 05-26-16, 06:58 PM
bigwhite
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive said this before, the rear spoiler that has turned my head the most is the dual kinnards of a 69 Dogde Charger Daytona. Since our cars are much lower H.P. it would need to be shorter and dealing with the round quarters a challenge.
Old 06-01-16, 04:53 AM
Slaker13
Driver

Default Emphasis on the "I" in this post

How do you guys feel about this one? I personally have mixed feelings about it along with option A and B. But then again it seems like I'm the only one in this thread that actually likes their stock 97+ spoiler

I like how with option C (SC on YouTube) it continues down along with the trunk BUT I don't like how high it goes because it would definitely block the visibility of the third brake light (shave 1/2 in. maybe?) and would make it even harder to know where the *ss of the SC is if you don't have a backup camera and I for sure prefer the upper rounded edges of option A and B BUT find that the subtle curve along the top of option C is better looking, Just build option C with the round edges imho. Count me in for any updates though!

Here's a link to the YouTube video in case anyone wants to check it out, pretty bad*ss way to spend a day if you ask me!

Oh and a bonus, that's a welded diff...you can hear the tires hop/skip at :09
Attached Thumbnails Help me make a spoiler-screenshot-2016-06-01-04.08.11.png   Help me make a spoiler-screenshot-2016-06-01-04.13.59.png   Help me make a spoiler-screenshot-2016-06-01-04.13.33.png  
Old 06-01-16, 06:19 PM
bigwhite
Lead Lap

Sorry, but Id just as soon have my stock 93 spoiler.
Old 06-01-16, 07:16 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They all suck; lol.

AjSingh has the nicest spoiler.
I believe it's made by Elite Enterprise, but I can't find them anywhere on the web.
Somebody on here told me once, about where to get it; I think it was Kohanoor.
It's like $500 shipped from Japan.

Old 06-02-16, 04:44 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

is that spoiler same as that of Kohinoor (Chetan) ? Any picture directly from the rear and infront just to see the curves ?

EDIT : Now I see the difference ... they are not same. I would say that of Chetan looks very similar to the 92 spoiler but a lot more aggressive . The best I have seen IMHO so far that looks as though it was really meant for the SC.

these pictures are from his build thread

Kohinoor - if you happen to get into this thread .. what brand of spoiler is this ? Where did you buy it ? You can PM me the info. I wouldn't mind getting one of these if they are not too expensive.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-02-16 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-02-16, 07:44 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

^ ^ Those are pretty sweet spoilers... But I'm trying to wrap my head around how he got the gas tank pushed out from his rear wide body so that it sits flush with the quarter panels...
Old 06-02-16, 08:32 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Deegee
^ ^ Those are pretty sweet spoilers... But I'm trying to wrap my head around how he got the gas tank pushed out from his rear wide body so that it sits flush with the quarter panels...
The Widebody kit should come with a cover that extends the gas lid outward. You could always just make a longer bracket for the gas lid as well.
Old 06-03-16, 08:57 PM
3L4jzz31
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe kohinoor has the soarer wangan spoiler.
Old 06-04-16, 04:23 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 3L4jzz31
I believe kohinoor has the soarer wangan spoiler.
thanks
Old 06-04-16, 06:00 PM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Make this. Similar to what you're designing already but a little wider

<br >

Quick Reply: Help me make a spoiler