SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pics From WekFest Chicago 2016

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-16, 10:32 AM
MackOnDeez
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the meat on the wheels for both of those SC, the !UZ TT is so clean you could eat off it. to experience the pull in that car must be amazing.
Old 05-01-16, 08:19 PM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by myLEXsc400

And CM Racing also built a turbo SC400 a few years ago. I saw it back at World of Wheels here in Chicago back in 2013
That's my friend Bob. He actually sold the car no long after these pics were taken. A few years later he ended up buying the car back. He's redone a few things, redone the heads to hold more power. He's still active somewhat here on ClubLexus, but he doesn't comment as much. He just had a baby so I'm not sure we'll see too much of him this season at Great Lakes, but you never know... lol

And yes mr green wheels is me. I've been around for a while. One reason you don't see lots of picts of my car around is that whenever there's an event going on I'm the guy walking around taking picts of everyone else's cars haha

BTW, Nice picts Matt! At one point during awards I saw Eva in your car. I was waiting for you to show up too but then she got out of the car and walked off. By that point the show was over so I went back to help the guys put stuff away.

Last edited by 1997Soarer; 05-01-16 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-02-16, 01:42 AM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great photos. I missed out pulling my back or I was going to road trip out there with the Ravspec crew. We had a good 10 people from NY drive out to have a little get together with JDMChicago
Old 05-02-16, 07:27 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmymac30
That's a great show. Let me know when the next one is. Would love to come check it out!
There are a few big shows around Chicago, so yeah i'll can defintely let you know. This was actaully the first one I ever took my car to, and it was pretty exclusive. I had to send in pics and a description of the car and mods and the car had to be approved and accepted for display.
Originally Posted by MackOnDeez
love the meat on the wheels for both of those SC, the !UZ TT is so clean you could eat off it. to experience the pull in that car must be amazing.
Thanks! And yes, i bet that turbo 1UZ sounds amazing too.
Originally Posted by 1997Soarer
That's my friend Bob. He actually sold the car no long after these pics were taken. A few years later he ended up buying the car back. He's redone a few things, redone the heads to hold more power. He's still active somewhat here on ClubLexus, but he doesn't comment as much. He just had a baby so I'm not sure we'll see too much of him this season at Great Lakes, but you never know... lol

And yes mr green wheels is me. I've been around for a while. One reason you don't see lots of picts of my car around is that whenever there's an event going on I'm the guy walking around taking picts of everyone else's cars haha

BTW, Nice picts Matt! At one point during awards I saw Eva in your car. I was waiting for you to show up too but then she got out of the car and walked off. By that point the show was over so I went back to help the guys put stuff away.
Yeah i saw I post a while back when he said the car was the quickest SC400 on DragTimes, and he posted photos and a video of him doing a few passes at Great Lakes. I'd love to see that car do some pulls in person, though.

Brian, you should post more stuff about your car, because you have some pretty cool mods on it.

And yeah, I didn't really stand by my car too much at the show. I was admiring the other builds, and Eva was bored so she decided to stay inside my car towards the end lol.
Originally Posted by da mayor
Great photos. I missed out pulling my back or I was going to road trip out there with the Ravspec crew. We had a good 10 people from NY drive out to have a little get together with JDMChicago
Damn, hope you feel better. There were a few awesome cars from repping NY in the show. What car do you have?
Old 05-07-16, 09:38 AM
hknubsauce
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like your car...sometimes, less is more when it comes to styling
Old 05-07-16, 08:18 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great shots! And your SC is clean and simple...I love that Green too! Glad you recovered after your wheel mishap...I hate a thief! Way to come back strong man!

steve
Old 05-10-16, 07:28 AM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hknubsauce
I like your car...sometimes, less is more when it comes to styling
Thanks. I like a clean OEM+ look

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Great shots! And your SC is clean and simple...I love that Green too! Glad you recovered after your wheel mishap...I hate a thief! Way to come back strong man!

steve
Yeah the wheel theft happened exactly a year ago. I had full coverage luckily, so i got a check for the stolen wheels after much back and forth. And thanks, I love my stepped lip VS-KF's.