SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I hate each and every single one of you...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-16, 02:54 PM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
You should test fit the bumpers on the car for us.....i.e the different variations......

W/O crossbars, with cross bars, without upper grille....etc.

Single exhaust, Dual exhaust....etc.
The only pic not on the "FYI there's a urethane..." thread is the bumper without the upper grille, every other configuration is on there. TBH i like the upper grille, so i'll be going No crossbar/Single exit on mine once i find an exhaust.
Old 04-19-16, 03:17 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

Irving - if you are eventually boosting your car ... I would suggest go with a bumper with the upper grille . The front opening of the SC bumper is small . With a thick inter-cooler , an AC Condenser and a thick Radiator .. that opening will help the cooling system a lot when you crank up that boost .
Old 04-19-16, 04:46 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by APTech
The only pic not on the "FYI there's a urethane..." thread is the bumper without the upper grille, every other configuration is on there. TBH i like the upper grille, so i'll be going No crossbar/Single exit on mine once i find an exhaust.
Blitz nur spec r if you want a singe exit exhaust. It's a little on the louder side, but it looks and sounds great.
Old 04-19-16, 06:16 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what color code is your car? looks like the garnet red.
Old 04-19-16, 07:10 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It was only a matter of time before you brought one haha. especially after the sales of your bumpers.
Old 04-19-16, 08:14 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 361 Likes on 242 Posts

Welcome, Irving!!! Glad you caught the "disease" like the rest of us. At least you have access to one of the best body kits for our cars.... LOL.

Hope to get my front end installed this week or next.
Old 04-19-16, 08:34 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The slot was added in 97 due to the fact that they had a tendency to over heat in warmer climates in traffic, I live in a cooler climate plus have a new 2 core rad in car. I will at a later date when I'm ready to purchase a body kit contact you for info on the pre 97 kits!you have available. I've had another kit in mind, but it ships from Japan. Your kits seem to come highly recommended from the guys on here. I also have no plans to boost my 1uz.
Old 04-19-16, 09:16 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 229 Likes on 209 Posts

I thought the '97+ front bumper slot was cosmetic only? Wasn't it reported recently that it's not actually a cutout? And even if it did go through, the part behind it that directs air from the grill up to the radiator would need to be modified with an additional channel for the slot. Was it?
Old 04-20-16, 04:50 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

This is good Irving!
Attached Thumbnails I hate each and every single one of you...-unknown.jpeg  
Old 04-20-16, 05:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Irving - since you are a vendor on this forum , can you look into the probability or possibility of doing the following in poly-urethane ? You probably can do a group buy to gauge interest and will be your condition to go ahead with the manufacturing just like you did with the Aero Craft Body Kit.

a) an ENGINE TRAY that bolts from the front bumper all the way to the firewall .... can be one piece or two three, four or five piece which ever is best .

Purpose :

1)Protect the engine from dirt .

2)Minimize messing up garage or pavement from fluid leaks if that part directly under the engine is kinda like a bowl .

3) Designing it with louvers just below the front bumper and directed upwards would turn air towards the coolers ( IC , condenser , radiator) and engine . That will definitely help a lot in cooling the system.

b) a REAR DIFFUSER ...one that can have single or double exhaust opening just like your rear bumpers.

something like this will be dope .... should not only be aesthetically nice , the design should also be functional (improving air flow under the car and reducing turbulence and drag)

Last edited by gerrb; 04-20-16 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-20-16, 05:23 AM
LoveSCs
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Irving - since you are a vendor on this forum , can you look into the probability or possibility of doing the following in poly-urethane ? You probably can do a group buy to gauge interest and will be your condition to go ahead with the manufacturing just like you did with the Aero Craft Body Kit.

a) an ENGINE TRAY that bolts from the front bumper all the way to the firewall .... can be one piece or two three, four or five piece which ever is best .

Purpose :

1)Protect the engine from dirt .

2)Minimize messing up garage or pavement from fluid leaks if that part directly under the engine is kinda like a bowl .

3) Designing it with louvers just below the front bumper and directed upwards would turn air towards the coolers ( IC , condenser , radiator) and engine . That will definitely help a lot in cooling the system.

b) a REAR DIFFUSER ...one that can have single or double exhaust opening just like your rear bumpers.

something like this will be dope .... should not only be aesthetically nice , the design should also be functional (improving air flow under the car and reducing turbulence and drag)

+1 for the under engine tray. Great suggestion Gerry
Old 04-20-16, 07:33 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 229 Likes on 209 Posts

I would think you'd want the louvers to pull heat away from the engine, rather than direct air up to the IC/radiator which would just create lift.
Old 04-20-16, 08:47 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I definitely anticipate a push towards SC products, however we have so many shells in our warehouse waiting for prototyping it might be a while haha. I do have a few plans for a diffuser, as well as a spoiler, maybe some interior parts as well.
Old 04-20-16, 09:01 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I definitely anticipate a push towards SC products, however we have so many shells in our warehouse waiting for prototyping it might be a while haha. I do have a few plans for a diffuser, as well as a spoiler, maybe some interior parts as well.
good to hear ... I don't see engine tray in your list..lmaol. Put it in . Look at the original under tray of the SC. The front part has small louvers / slits to allow air get into the coolers then bolted at the front cross member. Only way air will go will be through the coolers fins then engine and not under the car that can create lift. Besides with the kind of materials you have , it will first damage the tray before it will create that lift being the car so heavy.

Just make all your SC product designs simple but nice and functional . They should not make our SCs which are suppose to be luxury cars look like they had been bastardized . Any changes done in an SC should for me be an improvement either of the function without sacrificing the looks or the looks itself. That is the only way we can have hope in keeping the values of our SCs . The more they are bastardized ... the more their values go down the gutter .

Last edited by gerrb; 04-20-16 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-20-16, 09:14 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Would APtech ever consider producing something like a clear headlight lens for the SC? I'm not sure if the process is any different for injection molded polyurethane vs injection molded poly-carbonate.

Quick Reply: I hate each and every single one of you...