SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

how did u acquire your SC?

Old 05-04-16, 10:33 PM
jstrummer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my 300 off of a guy on CL who clearly didn't want to sell it, but his wife was forcing him to. Near mint, etc. Finally agreed on $8,500. I made a bill of sale, and he asked me if I would state that he sold it for $7,000, but give him $8,500. He wanted to keep $1,500 for himself. Sure, no problem.
Old 06-08-16, 09:48 PM
Blutarsky0
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my Baltic Blue (paint code 752) 1995 Sc300 with 95,500 miles on it from a friend. He had bought it froma friend of his that owns a small car lot and pounces on deals at the auto auction. Prior to the auction, it was a single owner car and well maintained. (It was a nice surprise to be able to pull the service records from lexus.com)

My friend had put a new radiator, power steering pump, battery, alternator, AC compressor and drivers side power window motor in it. He originally posted it on craigslist but didn't get any serious offers for it, so he cut me a deal and sold it for about $1k less than he had put into it. I've been driving it every day since December.

Since then, I have followed a few of the DIY posts here to fix the seat back nets, clear the air bag light, add an AUX port to the factory stereo and followed another DIY to refinish my headlights. I also added a new chassis ground to the battery and fixed both the power antenna motor and the trunk release switch.
I just need to replace the speed sensor and get the windows re-tinted, but the car is in great shape and I couldn't be happier with it.
Old 06-10-16, 01:21 PM
jwynn
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother had a 93 sc300 in high school complete stock. Loved the potential it had but hate the stock looking. Bought my 99 in the winter off craigslist in NYC. Only 120k miles and I'm on the road to perfection. The car is all I wanted and I paid for it myself as a college kid. GOD is good man.
Old 06-10-16, 11:09 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Had a great 03 is300 manual black leather dark gray factory paint all around amazing car. I was hit by a drunk driver at like 2 am bringing my girlfriend home.. Couldnt find an is300 in manual for under 8000 and blew a bit of the money so i settled on a 95 sc300 auto 1 owner with 95k miles for 3500. 5 years ago.

Just got my second sc300 a 1993 manual with a spun bearing for 1400. Swaped the autos engine into the manual with 148k 160 comp in all cylinders 0 leakage. Rebuilt the engine with the spun bearing and put it in the auto. 95 auto is currently for sale on craigslist to fund my new career as a mechanic. =\ sad to sell but i don't need 2 of the same car at 23. rebuilt engine was .001 out of round in the cylinder with the spun bearing when max spec was .0008... i ended up just reringing, reconditioning pistons new seals and everything basically a refresh.

Last edited by scsexy; 06-10-16 at 11:13 PM.
Old 06-10-16, 11:46 PM
Automagic
Driver School Candidate

Bought mine at auction for $650. Had 200k on it but ran and drove just fine. Paint was good just needed a polish.
Old 06-11-16, 01:18 AM
Champa99
Driver School Candidate

Default The best

I been looking at SC for a loooong time now am 33 yr of age an ever since I was I. High school I can remember just looking at these cars and thinking how beautiful of a car , The line 2 door coupe, long . The **** !!! But way over my budget !
I bought a Mercedes Benz not too long ago .. Nice and pretty new low miles and I tend to keep her that way!!!! I have civic as my DD but my girl ask my to sell it to her Brother !!!! 😒
So I started thinking of a car that was pretty cheap And that I always wanted and liked ,right away I though of the Lexus SC Coup!!! Still very beautiful for its age The lines on this car go on for days ...Flow ...
So I stated looking around and found out that their Still kind of expensive not really but for an old car to be coasting $4-8 for a +97 ,the -97" are cheap and beat up most of the time!! So I went with a +97.
I found one in the city of Pomona CA 99" SC400 with low miles *95,000 .nice😎 Plus no oil any where when u open the hood!! I love my car !! Even though I've only driven her About 5 times lol it's been the shop getting painted for like the last 3 weeks😠 But don't want to ruse him so I wait!!
Old 06-11-16, 07:09 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Craigslist.
Old 11-11-16, 10:05 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

born in 1994... i've seen SC's back when i was old enough to remember and i fell in love instantly.

i'm from the Bay Area, California, where in the late 90's the SC's were popular to raise and throw 24's on, which looks stupid now when i think about it but back then i thought was cool

i didn't know the difference between an SC300 and an SC400 for the longest time (i still remember looking on craigslist for a manual SC400, thinking they came factory 5-speed manual)

after doing a lot more research over the years, i learned that the SC300 only had a handful of all produced models in 5-speed manual and i had been searching craigslist for a little under 4 years to find one that i liked. i learned in 2015 that 1997 was the last year they produced stick SC300's (only 120 made) and i knew i had to get my hands on one: factory stick, rare low production number, 97+ body kit which i always liked more than 92-96.

i saw an ad on autotrader in december of 2015 for a 1997 5-speed manual with 151K miles, asking price at the time was $9,900, located in Washington. i started saving up for it right away, but being young there were times where i spent more money on useless things than i should have which really slowed my savings down. i remember being so worried this car would disappear before i could get my hands on it, since it was in great condition and very well-maintained, but luckily, 10 months after seeing the ad, i was able to purchase it. i flew up from San Francisco to Seattle with a buddy of mine in October, last month, and took an Uber ($66!) from the airport to the seller's house. i was able to get the price down a bit but i learned the reason why the car hadn't been sold is because of lowball offers and the seller being very strict on his asking price.

after having my friend test-drive the car (i was still a complete noob on driving stick lol), i signed the paperwork, exchanged handshakes, and left the same night for home. 850 mile drive in about 16 hours with an hour-and-a-half rest total (my friend and i split the drive), so i pretty much learned how to drive stick correctly in that drive home.

this is and always has been my dream car, and owning one of the last 120 5spds ever produced for the SC300 is really an honor.

i've got plans for this car but nothing too crazy, i don't want to DD her but she's my first and only car atm so i have little choice right now. car wash, wax, alignment and wheel balancing will be done tomorrow, have to repaint the front lip, nothing too major. in the future i plan on owning another 5spd SC300. i just love this car too much!

oh and it also doesn't hurt that my initials are S.C.

Last edited by Ezroni; 11-11-16 at 11:58 PM.
Old 11-12-16, 12:41 AM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My very first SC was financed at a dealer by my dad and I just made the payments. After that I bought every single one of craigslist. Craigslist is great
Old 11-12-16, 12:52 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Congrats on your purchase, Ezroni.....

Post some pics so we can see your starting point.....

You missed the end of year event for Nor Cal but smaller meets pop up every so often. Keep a look out at in the Nor Cal thread and now there is an email notification system that is worth registering as well....

Last edited by Duck05; 11-15-16 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-12-16, 02:00 PM
SC510
Pole Position

Bought my SC300 at a silent auction in south san francisco. The car needed some TLC. Broken mirror and headlight, fender smashed in, and was sitting on some cheap 20's with bad rubberband tires. Put some time and money on it and now it looks halfway decent haha.
​​​​
Old 11-13-16, 12:10 PM
Ezroni
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default pics

with my friend's 2006 RSX type-S

Old 04-02-17, 06:07 PM
KevinSc
Driver School Candidate

I saw it parked at the end of the cul de sac for about a month I had always liked these cars one day I see a for sale sign on it for $1200 called the guy who lived the next street over initially I did not have a reason to buy it but figured the price was good the car had some issues but it had a stinky but mostly clean interior and fairly good exterior minus the passenger door need some paint attention joined here and saw how beautiful these cars can be with a drop and wheels then got bitten by the bug
Old 04-03-17, 06:51 AM
Bloozpower
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a BMW 335ix that was in the shop every other month. I wasn't really looking for an SC400, but a 2000 with only 54k popped up for sale locally so I decided to give it a try. I bought it and decided it was a great car for the adventures me and my Fiance go on, so we decided to keep it.
Old 04-19-17, 11:55 AM
- V -
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloozpower
Had a BMW 335ix that was in the shop every other month. I wasn't really looking for an SC400, but a 2000 with only 54k popped up for sale locally so I decided to give it a try. I bought it and decided it was a great car for the adventures me and my Fiance go on, so we decided to keep it.
2000 with 54K!?!?! how long ago was this. You lucky bastard lol
The following users liked this post:
Ezroni (04-19-17)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how did u acquire your SC?