oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

forgot to post this

Old 03-14-16, 09:29 PM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You did a nice job with that install. Any issues with glare on the screen?
Old 03-14-16, 09:51 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the truth you could of got a Double Din true Android from those company called Joying or NAVISKAUTO from china, but nice try on what you did but this would of saved you hours.

like this

Last edited by mikef; 03-14-16 at 10:00 PM.
Old 03-15-16, 08:20 AM
Aswilley
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Honestly I thought this was the coolest **** I've seen, this is pretty ****ing sweet !!.. I love the idea of having a tablet in the SC. I just wish I was smart enough to figure out installing one. I am super OCD when it comes to aftermarket installs, the have to be PERFECTLY flush and fitted like the car was going to SEMA lol.. I would love to do something like this cause I have a Verizon LG G8 tablet with full service that just sits around the house, so this would be a nice addition to the car and a good use for the tablet. I just don't think it will work cause of how big it is. Now i wanna test fit that sucker!

How is this wired to not drain the car battery when the car is off. I know the tablets have sleep functions. Obviously it never turns off completely cause you cant access the buttons once installed, and how does it charge when the car is on..

I have so many questions lol.. help me do this to my SC
Old 03-15-16, 09:18 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikef
the truth you could of got a Double Din true Android from those company called Joying or NAVISKAUTO from china, but nice try on what you did but this would of saved you hours.

like this Joying Double Din unit review - YouTube
that's 400 dollars at the cheapest, i'd rather plug a couple wires in and solder a few than spend that much money for something with a single or dual core .8 ghz processor and a toned down version of android that i can't root and have zero support for.

Originally Posted by Aswilley
Honestly I thought this was the coolest **** I've seen, this is pretty ****ing sweet !!.. I love the idea of having a tablet in the SC. I just wish I was smart enough to figure out installing one. I am super OCD when it comes to aftermarket installs, the have to be PERFECTLY flush and fitted like the car was going to SEMA lol.. I would love to do something like this cause I have a Verizon LG G8 tablet with full service that just sits around the house, so this would be a nice addition to the car and a good use for the tablet. I just don't think it will work cause of how big it is. Now i wanna test fit that sucker!

How is this wired to not drain the car battery when the car is off. I know the tablets have sleep functions. Obviously it never turns off completely cause you cant access the buttons once installed, and how does it charge when the car is on..

I have so many questions lol.. help me do this to my SC
the tablet simply charges on the cigarette lighter. i have a double port USB charger, one port for the tablet and one port for a phone or something else i'd like to charge.
Old 03-15-16, 08:27 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oldManTan
that's 400 dollars at the cheapest, i'd rather plug a couple wires in and solder a few than spend that much money for something with a single or dual core .8 ghz processor and a toned down version of android that i can't root and have zero support for.

the tablet simply charges on the cigarette lighter. i have a double port USB charger, one port for the tablet and one port for a phone or something else i'd like to charge.

That changed, the new ones are much better and at $275 quad more v4.4 and other stuff it seems when I ordered mine
Old 03-16-16, 07:19 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

i still only spent lass than a $100...
Old 03-18-16, 11:51 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you think you could tie that into the engine ecu and do onboard performance read outs and tuning calibrations with it also?
Old 03-19-16, 07:51 AM
jwynn
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramblerman
Do you think you could tie that into the engine ecu and do onboard performance read outs and tuning calibrations with it also?
You could definitely do that with an app right now on the tablet and use a obd2 reader.
Old 03-20-16, 08:52 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jwynn
You could definitely do that with an app right now on the tablet and use a obd2 reader.
if you don't have OBD2 then you obviously can't do that.

there is however an OBDI reader out there that has a bluetooth connection and an android app that i have and use, so yes, you can have readouts and everything the engine keeps track of. currently however the app isn't compatible with this size of tablet so i'm still waiting on an update. the guy who made is real quick on updates and you can always contact him on facebook.
Old 04-10-16, 12:59 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For audio it's great. You can solve everyone's problem by running an HRT istreamer. This allows it to turn on and off with the car with no delay. It can be hard wired easily. It has rca's on it so from there you run it to an audio control matrix plus (which comes with a level control ****, and you can modify the oem one to work with it like he did). From there you send rca's to your amps. You will produce better sound than any aftermarket head unit out.

If you want to take it up a notch you can use the audison bit 1 or 10 and run an optical cable.

You can program to auto tether when your phone is in range.

Good job on your install. Can't wait to see the finished product
Old 07-12-16, 03:25 PM
MaxFlii
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikef
That changed, the new ones are much better and at $275 quad more v4.4 and other stuff it seems when I ordered mine
hey mike, I was wondering exactly which model you had and how your experience has been.
i'm interested in getting one of these android headunits but see a lot of conflicting sketchy reviews.
Old 07-12-16, 06:20 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MaxFlii
hey mike, I was wondering exactly which model you had and how your experience has been.
i'm interested in getting one of these android headunits but see a lot of conflicting sketchy reviews.
Its been great, Love how you can use waze, no problems at all, just make sure you get the quad core unit. Ill never buy a overpriced unit like kenwood or pioneer again.

my most complaint would not getting a remote with it.