SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

what you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-15, 02:19 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what you think?

I have not posted in a while,but after today i felt i had to.I spotted this car over 2 and a half yrs ago but i never got a chance to talk to who it belong to.Since then i been in the neighborhood of and on but could never catch up to the owner.Well today was partially a lucky day for me.Today i found a diamond white pearl 1994,75000 miles,mint condition, stock and unmolested manual(5speed) sc300.When i say mint i mean from paint, interior,engine everything.The owner looked to be in his early sixties.He let me look everything over and probably would have let me drive it if i asked.But he was not ready to sell.I think i was doomed when his wife said"that is the easiest manual car i ever drove"Thanks! after that i knew she was not coming home with me.Now that i confirmed what she is and her condition i'll stop in every now and then to talk and see if he changes his mind.With two other luxury cars sitting in the driveway i know the 300 sits in the garage.Now i'll have to play the waiting game.For this car i would gladly wait.What you think?
Old 12-15-15, 03:17 PM
Sactolex
Rookie

I would just get over it.

He'll probably give it to one of his kids/grandkids and they'll clap it out in no time.

Just find another IMO
Old 12-15-15, 03:33 PM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dont give up, stop by once in a while and maybe get lucky
Old 12-15-15, 03:45 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Why don't you shoot him an offer that you think it's worth to you and go from there.
I know he doesn't want to sell it, But you have to be a little more pushy to get what you want
Old 12-15-15, 03:47 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 237 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by matrixgts
The owner looked to be in his early sixties ... I think i was doomed when his wife said"that is the easiest manual car i ever drove" ... after that i knew she was not coming home with me....
Any comments necessary?
Old 12-16-15, 06:43 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Scared money don't win money, gotta push him. Have cash and a pen in hand, if he is smart with money and doesn't need the car he'll take a good offer.
Old 12-16-15, 09:50 AM
VOrteneau
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by matrixgts
I have not posted in a while,but after today i felt i had to.I spotted this car over 2 and a half yrs ago but i never got a chance to talk to who it belong to.Since then i been in the neighborhood of and on but could never catch up to the owner.Well today was partially a lucky day for me.Today i found a diamond white pearl 1994,75000 miles,mint condition, stock and unmolested manual(5speed) sc300.When i say mint i mean from paint, interior,engine everything.The owner looked to be in his early sixties.He let me look everything over and probably would have let me drive it if i asked.But he was not ready to sell.I think i was doomed when his wife said"that is the easiest manual car i ever drove"Thanks! after that i knew she was not coming home with me.Now that i confirmed what she is and her condition i'll stop in every now and then to talk and see if he changes his mind.With two other luxury cars sitting in the driveway i know the 300 sits in the garage.Now i'll have to play the waiting game.For this car i would gladly wait.What you think?
Come at him with an excessively generous offer, cash in hand, and some story/recommendations about an even easier manual for his wife, preferably a convertible.
Old 12-16-15, 12:00 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Offer him $4.5k straight up cash in hand.
He might not be interested if you don't seem like a motivated buyer, but if you show up with money ready and everything he may be more likely to bite. He may even come back and ask for $5k which if it is a 5spd with 75k miles in mint condition thats still a good deal.

If he's really serious about keeping it he won't waver, but if he's on the fence about it he may just go for your offer. Whenever he is ready to sell, cars are hard to get rid of at times, especially something like this, so an easy buyer with a decent offer is sometimes all it takes.
Old 12-18-15, 12:37 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Matrix, what's up man? Long time no hear from you? haha. Give me a call, still have the same number too! As far as the SC. I'd keep that one in mind, at some point he'll probably sale it? Save up the cash, and when you're ready offer it up? Either way, good luck with your search. BTW...I'm back in NC now.

steve
Old 12-21-15, 06:42 AM
VOrteneau
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Matrix, what's up man? Long time no hear from you? haha. Give me a call, still have the same number too! As far as the SC. I'd keep that one in mind, at some point he'll probably sale it? Save up the cash, and when you're ready offer it up? Either way, good luck with your search. BTW...I'm back in NC now.

steve
What part of NC are you in? Triangle here...is there a decent Lexus community in the area?
Old 12-21-15, 10:42 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I'd be insulted at a $4500 offer if I were in his shoes. I wouldn't take anything less than $7,500 from just the description of the car, provided its original paint, never been hit, no scratches/body damage, full service history, mint interior, everything works, timing belt done, etc.
Old 12-22-15, 12:31 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
I'd be insulted at a $4500 offer if I were in his shoes. I wouldn't take anything less than $7,500 from just the description of the car, provided its original paint, never been hit, no scratches/body damage, full service history, mint interior, everything works, timing belt done, etc.
I don't think they're worth that much honestly, but maybe the market for SC's has changed, either way its all up to what the buyer and seller can agree upon.
Old 12-22-15, 01:08 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

someone who garages a 94 sc300 with 75k in pristine condition with 2 luxury cars on the driveway is not selling it for $4500 especially if he said he wasn't planning on selling it (thats car guy speak for it will take a ridiculous offer for me to sell it to you because I like it so much). Just saying its not just worth what blue book says its obviously got some more value to the owner than that and with under 100k miles he could ask alot more and get it. If you come in with a lowball, when he does want to sell it you can be sure he wont be calling you first. If you really want it then approach him with a reasonable offer at least.
Old 12-26-15, 05:49 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VOrteneau
What part of NC are you in? Triangle here...is there a decent Lexus community in the area?
Yes there is a good following.I'm in Cleveland
Old 12-26-15, 05:54 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve

steve
What's up steve so you back in nc.Cool i'll catch up with you.