SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

FYI, There Is A Polyurethane AC/Shine Bumper Now.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-15, 01:29 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Okay, sign me up, too...... With cross bars....

Ditto on the "no holes" for a license tag. Have had the car since '92 and it has never had a front plate with no hassles so far....
Old 12-06-15, 01:45 PM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I though i had address the license plate question. There will be no holes or indentations for a front plate

Awesome gerrb, can you pm me your paypal address?
Old 12-06-15, 02:19 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by APTech
Sorry, I though i had address the license plate question. There will be no holes or indentations for a front plate

Awesome gerrb, can you pm me your paypal address?
great .. no license plate hole indentation

PMed you my paypal add . Send me an invoice for the two units we have discussed about .

thanks

EDIT : Invoice paid ... thank you !

Last edited by gerrb; 12-06-15 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-06-15, 03:42 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deposit paid.
It's gonna be a long month now looking forward to this.
Old 12-07-15, 02:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

^ it will be worth the wait . For a couple of years I was dilly dallying whether to get an authentic AC Kit when they were still readily available ($2500 shipped) or the Shine Kit ($1380 shipped) . I really wanted the look of the SC with such kit, elegant and classy. In fact last year I got a Shine Kit , installed it then took it out due to friends breaking theirs. I will be hating myself to spend on the kit and paint job to have the damn front bumper be broken in a short time.

Poly-urethane = LESS WORRIES , TOUGH TO BREAK plus with this group buy even LESS EXPENSIVE . You can't beat this deal .
Old 12-07-15, 01:41 PM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

Add me to the list I need it with the crossbars. I have the Shine fiberglass kit and I know it is only a matter of time before the front bumper breaks.
Old 12-08-15, 02:43 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gerrb
^ it will be worth the wait . For a couple of years I was dilly dallying whether to get an authentic AC Kit when they were still readily available ($2500 shipped) or the Shine Kit ($1380 shipped) . I really wanted the look of the SC with such kit, elegant and classy. In fact last year I got a Shine Kit , installed it then took it out due to friends breaking theirs. I will be hating myself to spend on the kit and paint job to have the damn front bumper be broken in a short time.

Poly-urethane = LESS WORRIES , TOUGH TO BREAK plus with this group buy even LESS EXPENSIVE . You can't beat this deal .
I broke my Shine 2 DAYS out of the paint shop. My Wife was rushing me to a meeting and I did not see an unpainted speed bump on a dark street. I hit it and broke it not 48 hours after picking it up from paint. I had just waited weeks for that to be done.

2 weeks later, a mechanic shop working on it somehow cracked it between the grill and the bright light causing it to sag more along the top. Guess who is going to paint my new kit for free?
Attached Thumbnails FYI, There Is A Polyurethane AC/Shine Bumper Now.-img_7754.jpg  

Last edited by Studiogeek; 12-08-15 at 03:56 AM.
Old 12-08-15, 05:34 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BiGEZ
Add me to the list I need it with the crossbars. I have the Shine fiberglass kit and I know it is only a matter of time before the front bumper breaks.
Oh shoot ... that's my old Shine kit that is with Eldon now. How have you been buddy ? Been busy ?

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
I broke my Shine 2 DAYS out of the paint shop. My Wife was rushing me to a meeting and I did not see an unpainted speed bump on a dark street. I hit it and broke it not 48 hours after picking it up from paint. I had just waited weeks for that to be done.

2 weeks later, a mechanic shop working on it somehow cracked it between the grill and the bright light causing it to sag more along the top. Guess who is going to paint my new kit for free?
damn .. less than 48 hours ! Just like what I said , I am tired of breaking fiberglass lips / bumpers. Wheel stoppers on parking lots and road curbs / gutters are my nemesis. Being in a hurry at times , you loose presence of mind in a parking lot and hit that damn wheel stopper .. and there goes your lip / bumper that has fiberglass components.

This group buy by KBD is indeed a big favor, having the look we want in our SCs using a stronger material , thanks to them !
Old 12-08-15, 06:18 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Oh shoot ... that's my old Shine kit that is with Eldon now. How have you been buddy ? Been busy ?

damn .. less than 48 hours ! Just like what I said , I am tired of breaking fiberglass lips / bumpers. Wheel stoppers on parking lots and road curbs / gutters are my nemesis. Being in a hurry at times , you loose presence of mind in a parking lot and hit that damn wheel stopper .. and there goes your lip / bumper that has fiberglass components.

This group buy by KBD is indeed a big favor, having the look we want in our SCs using a stronger material , thanks to them !
Dude! I was so excited about finding it, I had it posted here 30 seconds after verifying that it was a real thing. Then to find out a guy I had already purchased parts from before was involved, it was almost too good to be true. Shine is my favorite kit. I love the stock nose with a lip my 300 has but if I drive the 400 with the Shine, I miss that look on the 300. I am tempted to Shine them both. At least one is wingless. There is no kit I like more. I might also fill in the lines on the side panels so they are smooth. That would be a great option and a reason to make the sides. I never really liked the extra lines. The top of the side panel pick up the line on the bumper. That is enough. It will look like a shorter Origin perhaps.
Irving, how about Poly sides with, and without lines in two (height) sizes. You can pick up sales from people with Origin, Vertex etc. that broke them and prefer poly if you also make them smooth, without the lines. You can take over most of the kits with poly eventually.
Old 12-08-15, 10:35 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

^^^ Thank you for bringing it out and got the attention of KBD and facilitated a group buy . It is a no brainer to get one of these if someone really like the AC Body Kit look / stance on an SC.
Old 12-09-15, 09:39 AM
Deegee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm waiting for results before buying. Please post when you guys receive them.
Old 12-09-15, 12:11 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Deegee
I get it but you bight be wasting money. There is a money back guarantee. It covers shipping back if there is a fitment issue and they accept Paypal so you have that secondary protection. This price is temporary.

All the same to me of course, just making sure you know.

Good Luck either way!
Old 12-09-15, 01:47 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Deegee
You will be paying $100 more + $75 shipping by that time.

In any aftermarket product , especially on body kits , there will never be a perfect product. There would always be some minor work !

This group buy is the best one can get into for an AC / Shine style kit. Even if I have to do some minor work , it being poly - urethane .. I would still get it installed instead of returning it provided the problem is not really something major.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-09-15 at 04:25 PM. Reason: meant would still install
Old 12-09-15, 04:21 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

You will be paying $100 more + $75 shipping by that time.

In any aftermarket product , especially on body kits , there will never be a perfect product. There would always be some minor work !

This group buy is the best one can get into for an AC / Shine style kit. Even if I have to do some minor work , it being poly - urethane .. I wouldn't still get it installed instead of returning it provided the problem is not really something major.
Same!
Long as my body guy doesn't stop and call and ask me to come down to the shop.......

I have confidence it will fit well. The guarantee shows that THEY have confidence it will fit well more importantly.

SG
Old 12-09-15, 05:50 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was a bit skeptical at first about this product, but I'm happy its looking really good.

Still, I have to wait a while as I need control arms, wheels and tires first anyway. Hopefully by then they'll have a full kit for sale.

Quick Reply: FYI, There Is A Polyurethane AC/Shine Bumper Now.