SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

FYI, There Is A Polyurethane AC/Shine Bumper Now.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-15, 10:59 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

SG - if they can get the complete set all in poly .. that will be nice. I will be willing to grab one. That will even be better I believe than the original AC kit which can break easily too compared to poly .

MrCJ - that will be nice too if they can get a lip like the one you posted in poly for the +1997 .
Old 11-28-15, 06:58 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrCJ305
As of right now it's the front but that all depends on if you guys actually buy. You know how it goes...a lot of window shoppers nowadays. I'm trying to get them to make a lip similar to this as well in full urethane.
Who wants to be the test dummy? If they're confident in their product they should put out some fitment shots, it's the absolute least a body kit company can do!

I can't stand how all these body kit companies share the same 200x200 pixel shots of their body kits and charges hundreds-thousands of dollars. The preview pictures look like the website was designed in 1998. The internet has come a long way, any cell phone can take a better picture then what these websites throw up.

Nobody wants to waste their hard earned money on garbage. The Shine kit is known for excellent fitment, and easy install. They also don't hide their fitment with tiny pictures you need to quadruple in size just to see what it is.

If KBD makes quality parts they should have no problem providing quality pictures, if I did good work I would want the world to see, wouldn't you?

Everyone knows how these poor fitment kit companies work. They send you a crappy product, charge you a ton for shipping, and when it doesn't fit they want 25% restock fee, and it costs 25% of what you paid to ship it back. You lose 50% just for trying it out....
Old 11-28-15, 09:01 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Biddles
Who wants to be the test dummy? If they're confident in their product they should put out some fitment shots, it's the absolute least a body kit company can do!

I can't stand how all these body kit companies share the same 200x200 pixel shots of their body kits and charges hundreds-thousands of dollars. The preview pictures look like the website was designed in 1998. The internet has come a long way, any cell phone can take a better picture then what these websites throw up.

Nobody wants to waste their hard earned money on garbage. The Shine kit is known for excellent fitment, and easy install. They also don't hide their fitment with tiny pictures you need to quadruple in size just to see what it is.

If KBD makes quality parts they should have no problem providing quality pictures, if I did good work I would want the world to see, wouldn't you?

Everyone knows how these poor fitment kit companies work. They send you a crappy product, charge you a ton for shipping, and when it doesn't fit they want 25% restock fee, and it costs 25% of what you paid to ship it back. You lose 50% just for trying it out....
Biddles,
The rep said it is not finished. They just tweaked a new mold. He said he can waive restocking fees and shipping return if it's a fitment issue for us. Get the info from him to make sure.
You must not have read everything above...

Last edited by Studiogeek; 11-28-15 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-29-15, 02:40 AM
maaaaackle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting. will check back in here for updates.
Old 11-29-15, 03:26 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Biddles,
The rep said it is not finished. They just tweaked a new mold. He said he can waive restocking fees and shipping return if it's a fitment issue for us. Get the info from him to make sure.
You must not have read everything above...
I was speaking in general about kit companies with their photoshopped bull**** small pics highlighting their products, lack of fitment info, and crappy return fee's/policies. Maybe KBD offers a better deal in that department, but it's weird imo for them to simply pre-sell a front bumper and no sides/rear to go with it. The fact that the images on their site showcasing the bumper is ripped from another site just shows poor business practices in general.

Don't believe me? Look here....

http://www.carid.com/1995-toyota-mr2...-12607220.html

Then look here...

http://www.kbdbodykits.com/toyota-19...per-p-869.html

Extreme Dimensions/Duraflex/KBD.... hard to tell a difference when they all use the same images promoting their products...

I hope this bumper turns out awesome, I just have doubts.
Old 11-30-15, 04:41 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ED has been stepping up their game and getting into poly form something I heard a while back, so this might be part of that movement. ED/duraflex are one and the same, so would assume this to be true
Old 11-30-15, 11:42 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

This is awesome. It's like the blind taste test of body kits.

Edit: This comment makes no sense now that posts have been deleted, presumably on the grounds of non-vendor status.

Last edited by t2d2; 11-30-15 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-30-15, 07:08 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

I will wait and see how others fare.... If this proves to be a sound product that does not require body work gymnastics to install it will be a popular product.

Having been burned by AIT (resolved by using the dispute process via my credit card company) I can see how the fitment concern needs to be proven. The whole shipping charge process appears to be a money making racket for these sellers so even with an offer to pay for the return is hollow.
Old 12-01-15, 12:07 PM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

this would be interesting if they actually did make a poly version and the fitment is dead on without any modifications needed.
Old 12-02-15, 10:03 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Okay! Now that we're sponsors on the forum...... Time to re-write my original response
Old 12-02-15, 10:11 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

If they'll back up their product then there's nothing to lose besides a bit of 10mm wrenching time. I was between a Shine kit or just dropping with a Fujin lip. Now that they are poly, this changes everything...
Old 12-02-15, 10:14 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

OK, I just talked to a rep from the company on Facebook. He said they won't be ready until December/January. He said they just did the mold over with modifications so it should be perfect when done. I will keep everyone posted and try to strike up a deal of some sort with a fitment guarantee.
We didn't do the mold over, we are making sure the plug is going to be perfect (which is what we are modifying) so that the final product needs minimal prep work to achieve a finished product.

He said he would waive the restocking fees and return shipping waived if there is a fitment issue.
They even accept paypal so all purchases will be protected through there as well.
That's correct, All of our parts come backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty. If your part breaks or does not fit properly, due to manufacture defect, we will replace the part free of charge, or issue you a full refund. We want our customers’ to know we are an American made company that will stand behind each product we build.

Originally Posted by MrCJ305
I can vouch for KBD products...great fitment and durability. I bought their 350Z Nismo bumper for my daily 07 Z a month ago. Love it and the urethane is pretty thick. I'm like 2-2.5 inches off the floor with my Z and it's still in tact. You make the holes as well but the bumpers come pre-marked for you to make holes Hope this helps
Thanks MR305 (dale!- pitbull). Just like MrCJ305's 350z bumper, our SC bumper will have indentations to be used as guides for where the holes will need to be drilled.

Want to run a quick release set up? your shop can fill the indents with minimal effort.

Originally Posted by Organized Garage Status
Would they be doing an entire kit, or just the front? Not that the rear and sides would be a problem from Shine. Just wondering.
At this time we are only doing the Front bumper. We currently make a rear lip and front lip for the SC, however because of the cost to make molds and the lack of interest in urethane side skirts we do not yet make any.

Originally Posted by Biddles
.......edited for length....................

We can't provide fitment images of the urethane bumper at this time because we are still finalizing the plug, as well as we have a project ahead of this one which we are finishing up.

The best I can do is post images of our BMW bumper going through the production steps, If you guys would like to see that I can most definitely share. We are not hiding by any means, and anyone local to our location (1150 W Central Ave suite C, Brea CA 92821) is more than welcome to stop by and take a look.

As for shipping rates, we have some of the lowest shipping rates in the industry.

just to re-emphasize:
IF THE PART IS DEFECTIVE WE WILL ISSUE YOU A FULL REFUND. . No return shipping costs, no re-stock fees.

Originally Posted by Vrank
ED has been stepping up their game and getting into poly form something I heard a while back, so this might be part of that movement. ED/duraflex are one and the same, so would assume this to be true
Extreme Dimensions and American Plastic Tech are two different companies with no affiliations.
American Plastic Tech= In house product development, in house manufacturing, in house production for the highest quality. No part of our production is done overseas.
Old 12-02-15, 10:17 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Kris9884
If they'll back up their product then there's nothing to lose besides a bit of 10mm wrenching time. I was between a Shine kit or just dropping with a Fujin lip. Now that they are poly, this changes everything...

Nothing but positive reviews on our front lip as well sir! I'm working on writing up a pre-order group buy for the bumper with a ship date of Mid January, so whichever route you'd like to go I've got you covered
Old 12-02-15, 10:58 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

First welcome to the forum and most of all thanks for supporting the forum by being a sponsor !

Hope you do a group buy and maybe prop up interest with a good pricing when you are certain that fitment is all good.

Do you have a side skirt and rear bumper that looks like that of the Auto Couture or Shine kit in fiberglass if you are not doing them in poly that can be bundled with this front bumper ?
Old 12-02-15, 10:59 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

A group buy would be ideal for the bumper, just be prepared for some window shopping feet draggers.. I'm totally in for a lip though when they are ready, I'm sure you'll keep us posted!

Quick Reply: FYI, There Is A Polyurethane AC/Shine Bumper Now.