Tanin vs Lextech Personal Experience - Club Lexus Forums

Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Tanin vs Lextech Personal Experience

Old 08-27-15, 11:41 AM   #1
Oconee1985
Driver
Trader Score: (2)

Default Tanin vs Lextech Personal Experience

Figured I would post my experience with these two companies. About a year and half ago I sent Lextech my sc400's cluster and a/c to have the bulbs and needles replaced. Fortunately I had a tracking number and saw that they received it and after about two weeks of not hearing from them I had to start continually sending them emails etc to get responses and finally after several excuses I got my cluster back after about 6 weeks. I plugged it in and the needles were dim and half the backlit bulbs on the cluster didnt even work. I sent a complaint and Lextech told me I could send it back for them to look at but at that point I just decided to live with it versus being without the cluster for who knew how long.

Fast forward to 2015 and I now own a 92 5spd and I decided to give Tanin a try based on some of the reviews I had read here on Clublexus. On my cluster all the backlit bulbs were burned out, the needles on the RPM & Speed were out and neither needle worked they would sometimes bounce around. So I sent it in to have them fixed and for all the backlit bulbs to be replaced and for the needles to be replaced with their blue V3s.

Also I sent the original ECU that was bad when I bought the car and figured I would try and have them rebuild but with the condition it was in I wasn't too hopeful. So having said all of that I sent the cluster to them via Fedex last week on a Tuesday so they got it last Wednesday and then this Tuesday I got an email asking for me to call them. On Wednesday I finally got a chance to call them and spoke with a nice helpful lady by the name of Kathy who told me that my ECU was beyond repair and that my cluster would need the RPM & Speed boards replaced and may need new motors but they were hopeful that the cluster wouldnt need them but they would call me back and let me know but either way it would ship back out to me the next day. A few hours later I got a call letting me know that they were able to repair without having to replace the motors and that the cluster would ship the next day after I received the invoice and paid. Today I received the invoice paid it and sent them and email with the paypal confirmation and immediately got a thank you email and notice that the cluster would ship out today.

So in recap NEVER USE LEXTECH !!! And Tanin received my Cluster and ECU and diagnosed and fixed what could be fixed and I should receive back with the total amount of time I was without it being less than 8 business days!!!

I will post some pictures when I get it reinstalled. If it looks half as good as their website it will be great.

Last edited by Oconee1985; 08-27-15 at 11:44 AM.
Oconee1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 02:03 PM   #2
Flygfsh
Driver

Used Tannin a few times myself. They are what repairs and customer service are all about. A good small company providing a valuable service to its customers. Glad you have now "seen the light".
Flygfsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 06:00 PM   #3
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode
Trader Score: (10)

Jonathan Hoppman SC400slide

Upon reading about Lextech, I'm glad I postponed sending out my cluster and HVAC to be rebuilt. Tanin an excellent job on both.
TLN #49 BURNT BROWNIE
SC400slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 06:36 PM   #4
ibizaflu
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via AIM to ibizaflu

I originally sent my manual cluster to Lextech about 4+ years ago, no issues, all good.

Sent my cluster to Lextech a month ago. Still no cluster. However, I did receive an email from the original owner Brian who now re assumed the company due to the negative feedback. He indicated that he would going to make all the clusters that were received would be ready to go and shipped by Friday.

Well... I haven't heard since that email was sent (2 days ago) but I am hope to be getting it back soon with the level of quality one would assume.

Holding my breath, but I hope I don't run out of air...
ibizaflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 07:51 PM   #5
twizted
Lexus Test Driver

Weird years ago lextech was very respectable. Like most of these good companies, sound like they went to crap. I had everything done by them 6-7 years ago...

twizted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15, 07:09 AM   #6
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (8)

thedailykeef flirtcheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizaflu View Post
I originally sent my manual cluster to Lextech about 4+ years ago, no issues, all good.

Sent my cluster to Lextech a month ago. Still no cluster. However, I did receive an email from the original owner Brian who now re assumed the company due to the negative feedback. He indicated that he would going to make all the clusters that were received would be ready to go and shipped by Friday.

Well... I haven't heard since that email was sent (2 days ago) but I am hope to be getting it back soon with the level of quality one would assume.

Holding my breath, but I hope I don't run out of air...
I'm curious how this goes, but it's been so long I don't see how or why anyone could ever trust the Lextech name even if this is true. Like why risk it when Tanin does such a good job.

Tanin far exceeded my expectations with their repair on my ECU and gauge cluster. The Lextech name is pretty much dead, trying to turn it around now after a few years of horrible experiences is going to be near impossible.
-LXCC Touchscreen Climate Control, Tanin Gauge Cluster, Viper alarm
-TSX Retrofit w/55 watt 4500k DDM HID's, and 3000k HID Fogs
-97 front Vertex lip, JIC magic rear and sides, 15% tint, 97 tails
Magnaflow Exhaust
eknine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15, 07:36 AM   #7
Ali SC3
Lexus Fanatic

re-assumed... right... I don't buy it at all but that is the story. good luck.

1995 Lexus SC300 5spd Na-T ( TT Ecu Mod + a few others)
2003 Lexus GX470 AWD (Lifted w/285's on Tundra wheels)

Before doing any business with Lextech Lighting, note they are not a CL vendor.
Please read one of the current review threads about them
Then see current CL vendors for your cluster and lighting services!!!
Ali SC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-15, 08:10 AM   #8
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to RedPhoenix Send a message via MSN to RedPhoenix

I had mine done by lextech in 2010 and it was a great/professional job. Sad to see this happen now.

-Toyota MR2 Gen 3 swapped
RedPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-15, 02:12 PM   #9
Takamashi
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Thegreatonizuka Takamashi

I sent out of my cluster and my ac unit to Lextech in 2013 and I did not have any problems.
Takamashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM   #10
Oconee1985
Driver

Installed the Cluster a few minutes ago and looks great!!!!!

Click the image to open in full size.
Oconee1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:34 PM   #11
sunny416
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Sunny sunny_416 Sunnyb416

cluster looks amazing.
sunny416 is offline   Reply With Quote