Search this Thread

Old 07-30-15, 11:41 PM
LEXOWINO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aero

Im sorta wasted on my phone

Hey fellas

What aero proven aero is avalable for our cars??

Lips

Bumpers

Fenders

Fender vents

Hoods

Side skirt

Rear fender vent

Diffuser rear bumper

Rear wing

Rear duck wing

Any one know proven aero??

Been plotting a Uras universal vented hood insert.
Old 07-31-15, 02:20 AM
SCRansom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lips: For 92-96 there's the Wise lip or the OEM lip that came on 400's. For 97+ There's the Fujin, Big Win, Wald, and I think there's another one I'm forgetting.

Bumpers: There's a good amount of bumpers, most being reps. You can find authentic bumpers but they might not be cheap. Depending on your style if you like them or not, there are a good bit of reps by duraflex but there's mixed opinions about fitment. The two most known/popular kits are the Vertex and Auto Couture.

Fenders: Only one I can think of right now is the Duraflex V-Speed widebody fenders

Fender Vents: I don't know if any besides the one that comes on the V-Speed fenders.

Hoods : There are a couple of hoods, like the VIS Racing, Seibon Carbon hood, and the Duraflex TS-1.

Side skirts: If you find an aftermarket bumper there's probably a side skirt to go with it.

Rear fender vent: I don't know if any.

Rear Diffuser: There hasn't been a diffuser made specifically for the SC, but some people have used universals to create one or use a RX7 or Supra one to fit.

Rear Wing: There's a couple of wings out there but not a lot compliment the car imo.
The Wise spoiler is sought after but very rare.

Rear Duck Wing: By a duck wing, I'm assuming you mean something like on the S14 rocket bunny kit. If so, then I don't think there is one for the SC but not sure.
Old 07-31-15, 03:11 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ck-thread.html
Old 07-31-15, 07:46 AM
chnk
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Most of the common style aero can be found on ebay, lots of choices just depends if youre willing to put in the work on fitting it
Old 07-31-15, 11:11 AM
LEXOWINO
Driver

http://www.speedhunters.com/2010/04/..._smoky_nagata/
Thank you all for the replies.

I meant actual manufacture whom produce areo parts proven in a wind tunnel or with significant function from areo dynamics.

Truthful with out weight modifications the Soarer JZZ3X is very heavy. The only thing as a SC300 owner feel I have in my favor is first the artistic people that designed the body and second its areo effeciency. To compare; the LS400 has better Areo efficiency than a SC00!

So to improve on the Areo functionality of my car I'd be willing to bet an OEM rear wing or DoLuck or Vielside or Bomex (the ones that tunnel test) would help a **** hair more but OEM is cheaper.
I would also consider getting an undertray along with the Uras vented hood insert. When I find an OEM spoiler. This is obtainable in the for seen future.

Warning everything below is just rambling.

The engine is iron and i feel the transmission latent transfer of thermal heat to the shifter... So a vented hood should help with removing steel weight on the nose and push air out of the bay. I dont know how well the Uras hood insert is tunnel tested but thats the best option I have seen.

Ive been looking for tunnel tested fenders I think Vertex may do this but I'm not sure. Id consider having fender louvers as well so an side pressure caught between the tray and vented hood is pushed out the fenders or is redirected to cool down the tires or brakes ... Something.

Id also use a universal carbon fiber diffuser. And areo mirrors. I have no example of any.

With that note as a front option Id want the Abflug front (I believe they tunnel test) and any proven areo side skirt with a decent rear fender vent. (Rear fender vents cool down tires) Abflug type 2 for example.

Last edited by LEXOWINO; 07-31-15 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-02-15, 02:38 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

As far as I know, have never seen any documented wind tunnel specifications provided on any of the various third party body kits. Totally cosmetic at best and may even be detrimental to the aero dynamics you are seeking.

Possibly a member with some connections created a body kit and performed some wind tunnel readings to perfect the fitment for their specific car but beyond that have not seen anything else in this space. If there are, maybe someone can post the results or links to the sites with these metrics.

Most of the attention is placed on engine performance gains, suspension improvements, wheel/tire selection, brake improvements, and weight reduction aspects. Most of the drifters take the front bumper totally off the car to avoid constant repairs.

Let us know what you discover....
Old 08-02-15, 04:16 PM
jennie
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm confused, are you trying to get more downforce or less drag? I'm assuming less drag right? The best mod would be to buy a Prius and use its aero.
Old 08-03-15, 11:00 AM
LEXOWINO
Driver

Originally Posted by Duck05
As far as I know, have never seen any documented wind tunnel specifications provided on any of the various third party body kits. Totally cosmetic at best and may even be detrimental to the aero dynamics you are seeking.

Possibly a member with some connections created a body kit and performed some wind tunnel readings to perfect the fitment for their specific car but beyond that have not seen anything else in this space. If there are, maybe someone can post the results or links to the sites with these metrics.

Most of the attention is placed on engine performance gains, suspension improvements, wheel/tire selection, brake improvements, and weight reduction aspects. Most of the drifters take the front bumper totally off the car to avoid constant repairs.

Let us know what you discover....
Most bodykit makers are not aero companies. There are some Japanese aero companies that actually test their kits.

Jennie you think i should do something like thise only with a pirus/sc300??