SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The most aggressive SC300 body to date IMHO. SH Pic inside!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-15, 05:02 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The most aggressive SC300 body to date IMHO. SH Pic inside!

The JDM inspired Flares just totally gets me going. IMHO would look even better on Black..... I have seen one other SC300 on youtube with very trick OEM fender mods on a drift build, but this one IMHO brings the SC300 into the spotlight with the modern cars of today with me too fender flares. I for one love it. Had to post it up

The following users liked this post:
NYCsc300 (08-08-21)
Old 06-11-15, 05:11 PM
jennie
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's even more amazing is those are carbon fiber flares.
Old 06-11-15, 05:11 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't think "modern" is the right word to describe it. It looks like a GT SC if that's what you mean. You have to a car judgement based on the owners' purpose of build for it, there's really now way to put all cars in just one single category. It's called "custom built" for a reason.
Old 06-11-15, 05:45 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Wonder what hood goes with that beast..... Bet that is radical, too.....

Not sure about the two-tone look but being CF explains that..... Has to be pricey as well....
Old 06-11-15, 06:03 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
I don't think "modern" is the right word to describe it. It looks like a GT SC if that's what you mean. You have to a car judgement based on the owners' purpose of build for it, there's really now way to put all cars in just one single category. It's called "custom built" for a reason.
Right. I'm talking about the current trend which is pretty much GT or JGTC spec. Like the FRS and 350Z Rocket Bunny, Stardast kits for example.
Old 06-11-15, 06:06 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Duck05
Wonder what hood goes with that beast..... Bet that is radical, too.....

Not sure about the two-tone look but being CF explains that..... Has to be pricey as well....
Me either on 2 tone in general but yeah the carbon fiber works... Reminds me of a Red Ridox Supra

Old 06-11-15, 06:15 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

That's very cool and different.

The one thing I noticed about the European tuning scene is that they are a lot more daring and original than the US. Most Supras and SC's here all look the same and all have similar mods. Especially Supras.
Old 06-11-15, 08:27 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed, we're all really conservative here in the US.

I think there's a lot of fear in car ownership here. Fear of insurance not paying out, fear of getting wrecked. Fear of your hard work going down the drain. Fear of not being liked, fear of not being cool enough. Fear of nobody buying it when you're ready to sell, fear of breaking things further when you're trying to fix it.

I'm not saying anyone here is or isn't afraid, but it is something I see. Sometimes people I talk to at meets talk about things they won't do to their car and it's mainly just because they're afraid of the R word. Even if it comes from people they don't care about at all, it still seems to hurt for some reason. Personally I enjoy the Japanese car scene the most. They do things we wouldn't dream of doing to specific cars. Like this gaudy lamborghini with an LED bar on the spoiler, and LED's on the suicide doors.

We have these ideas of what every type of car is, and how it should be modded. You hop on the 04 Cobra forums and everyone wants to have a meaty stance and big pipes with a nice growl. You go to the GTO forums and it's all "intake + exhaust" at stock ride height. You go to the supra forums and it's all 1-2 inch drop, 97-98 tails and headlights, and "tasteful" body mods. You go to the VW forums and it's all Stance or the rat-rod look with patina'd panels.

The worst part is every movement started off with somebody being an individual and trying something new, and then it's just beaten to death by people hopping on. And there's nothing wrong with seeing something you like and imitating it for your own car. That's 100% of my mods right now, and I'm not ashamed of that. I know money is often what stops most of us from really doing what we want. That and life getting in the way, but we have this weird obsession with maintaining the value of our car for the next driver. Like that's some big accomplishment, and I think that is the largest roadblock to true creativity and ownership of a car. We're all so concerned with the future owner and the next guy that we forget to drive the cars ourselves. We forget to enjoy the cars ourselves, and we end up missing out on all of the things we may have wanted to do or try.

Does anyone remember the guy on here who's SC was rear-ended and totalled so he removed the doors, and fenders, added a roll-cage and turned it into a dune buggy? Most people were pretty cool, but that same thought seemed to bubble up in that thread, a few comments popped up about it being a waste, not cool, ruined the car. I think those thoughts are in the back of everyone's heads. There's a fear of loss here in the US that seems to be pervasive. Loss of value, loss of time, loss of parts, etc.

It's weird sometimes how it takes a complete loss for us to even consider doing something so radical. We've already spent the money and it's already sunk into the car which we know will never be worth more than we paid for it, and yet the fear of loss persists.

I don't know where I was going with this, just rambling I guess.
Old 06-11-15, 09:24 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by eknine9
Does anyone remember the guy on here who's SC was rear-ended and totalled so he removed the doors, and fenders, added a roll-cage and turned it into a dune buggy?
Gee, thanks, now I have to find a wrecked SC. Gut the interior, cut some drain holes, put plexi over the top, and make it a daily driver. If the 100 lb = 1 mpg rule of thumb holds true, that thing might average 30 mpg.

Seriously, though, great soapbox moment, eknine9!

As to the OP, I'd be interested in seeing those rear flares on a more subdued front end. Other SC rear flares I've seen are way too low on the body line. These look like they could blend pretty nicely if they weren't so overwhelmed by how much is going on up front.
Old 06-11-15, 09:49 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The real problem in the US car scene is everybody wants to do everybody. Every now and then I'd see people asking what mod should I do, or how would you guys do it? C'mon man, be original. In the social media I get a lot of people asking me what crew I roll with or whatever, and I'm like, nah man I do this for myself. I'm not trying to impress the next man or follow in anybody's footsteps. I admit, i get inspired by other peoples builds but I'm not going to jack nobody's style. The reason why I got some really hard to find VIP Japan wheels that's never been put on an SC before in the first place. LOL
Old 06-12-15, 10:48 AM
InLyneTrbo
Pole Position

Exactly. Usually, what we call original now was derived from something that was rejected at first and also something that most people were opposed to only because it wasn't an imitation of something else out there already.

But I have respect for those out there who are willing to step out and be creative by doing something differently.
Old 06-12-15, 11:09 AM
InLyneTrbo
Pole Position

I thought I recognized this thing. I saw it on the Soarer Society IG page a while back:
Attached Thumbnails The most aggressive SC300 body to date IMHO. SH Pic inside!-1.jpg  
Old 06-12-15, 11:38 AM
Deimus85
Driver School Candidate

nomnomnomnom That is super pretty!
Old 06-12-15, 12:10 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is actually well put together
Old 06-12-15, 04:52 PM
Highway
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by InLyneTrbo
I thought I recognized this thing. I saw it on the Soarer Society IG page a while back:
Yeah man I also found him on IG after searching for more info.. The thing is bad to the bone and very simple actually. Def JDM inspired with single exhaust & turn down muffler tip. Only things to change If were mine would be the wheels and would swap the salad bar for a duck bill.

Quick Reply: The most aggressive SC300 body to date IMHO. SH Pic inside!