SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lextech Stole My Dash Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-15, 08:39 PM
GeoG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lextech Stole My Dash Cluster

I purchased replacement needles from Lextech in March. My dash cluster was sent out to them by UPS and tracking said it arrived in 2 days. Since then...NOTHING. I have not heard a single word! I have repeatedly emailed the "company" (note to self...do not purchase anything ever from a company so untrustworthy they will not give any kind of real contact information) and have had no results at all.

DO NOT SEND YOUR DASH TO LEXTECH. I have been able to get my money back thanks to my bank's fraud protection policy, but I will have to pay for a replacement dash cluster. It's an incredibly high price to pay for a single dark needle.

Old 06-11-15, 03:08 AM
Flygfsh
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about this. There are lots of threads on here warning members of the poor service as of late. Find a used cluster and send it up to Tannin in Wisconsin. Close to you and highly recommended. They have done work on my cluster and ECU, can't say enough about them. Chalk it up to lesson learned. Sorry bud.
Old 06-11-15, 04:25 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn they should put an official sticky up as a warning. Tanin is very reputable, find a used one somewhere and they can adjust the mileage to match your old one. It really sucks you just lost it though, I'd be pissed.
Old 06-11-15, 08:01 AM
Shrugy
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Send your products to Tanin.

They are an A+ in my book all around! They so solid work and stand by it!
Old 06-11-15, 08:36 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

there's a thread about lextech jacking up stuff.
Old 06-11-15, 09:47 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heard nothing but bad things about Lextech over the past two years.
Just sent my Gauges to Tanin sometime in the end of may. Just got it back yesterday and it looks great.

Did it in white with red needles and it looks wonderful, I'd recommend going that avenue if you can and doing your best to get your money back from Lextech. We really do need a sticky about avoiding Lextech, there are too many terrible stories about them taking 6+ months, being rude, breaking or being broken upon arrival, needles not working or damage being done to the needle motors, and burnt/melted needles.

It'd be nice if the issues with Lextech were properly explained too. Was the company sold ~2010 to a different individual. Is OLT still involved or is it someone else entirely? There's lots of caginess and a lack of information there that honestly if you were to ask me who is running Lextech I couldn't even answer that for you. I have no idea who does the repairs or owns the company.

While with Tanin it's very obvious. I don't know if I'm allowed to say their real names on the forums but there is no murkiness involved. You know exactly who is involved in the repairs and who is running the company. They offer a clear warranty, and they ship exceptionally fast with no excuses. What more can you ask for?
Old 06-11-15, 10:18 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Guys, I started looking into this, the information has been a bit vague and lacking and hopefully we can get some concrete info to clear things up, and possibly prevent future stories like this. If I knew, I would tell you guys, but I don't know the full story here, but am working to get some real information on the matter.

unfortunately no matter how many warnings are posted on here, members who join after the fact would not see the warning, but it would help for existing members and will be looked into as I am tired of seeing this happen to our memebers.
Old 06-11-15, 10:40 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

We pay a decent amount of money every month to be a sponsor and vendor here at Club Lexus so you can mention and refer us.

I personally have quite a few Toyota's and have been in the Lexus game since 2005 so it is a passion and enjoyable for us to serve the community.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 06-11-15, 11:33 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Guys, I started looking into this, the information has been a bit vague and lacking and hopefully we can get some concrete info to clear things up, and possibly prevent future stories like this. If I knew, I would tell you guys, but I don't know the full story here, but am working to get some real information on the matter.

unfortunately no matter how many warnings are posted on here, members who join after the fact would not see the warning, but it would help for existing members and will be looked into as I am tired of seeing this happen to our memebers.
Post the past LexTech threads of negativity/problems as a Sticky to WARN (NEW) members the issues/concerns with this company. These steps would help members in this forum in the future.

TaninAuto/vendor should also have a sticky. As an alternate route/company to deal, with dash/AC units malfunctions.

Last edited by Teal Sc400; 06-11-15 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-11-15, 12:19 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Taninauto is a Vendor and there are rules regarding where they may advertise
There is a dedicated Vendor Marketplace forum where you can find products from all the vendors and even group buys and whatnot.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...rketplace-118/

I would recommend everyone check out what our current vendors have to offer as current vendors will generally have better communication/reliability since they interact through the forum.
Old 06-11-15, 02:07 PM
xshurikx
Driver

I have posted multiple threads about lextech. I even brought up the old thread recently. I had the worst experience with them. They should make my post a sticky.

Ali hopefully it's not that they stole it it's that they are slow as usual getting it done. I think they force you to wait a month because then you can't fight them any longer through PayPal. I would wait about a week keep emailing them and save your emails. And any replies. Once you hit 3 weeks put in a dispute with PayPal. Hope it works. If not then go to the bank and fight PayPal through the bank that's how I got the money back
Old 06-11-15, 03:21 PM
jennie
Pole Position

How did you find Lextech thru your searches but not the horror stories? Really sorry for your lost cluster.
Old 06-11-15, 03:24 PM
jennie
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eknine9
Heard nothing but bad things about Lextech over the past two years.
Just sent my Gauges to Tanin sometime in the end of may. Just got it back yesterday and it looks great.

[IMG]https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clublexus.com-vbulletin/1120x2000/80-img_20150610_211123493_1__c1b645b002a718097f44cce876f31e4a7c6f6fd2.jpg[IMG]
That cluster looks great.

Is the modified clock more visible than before? I don't like turning my cluster brightness all the way up but then I can't see the outside temp/time.
Old 06-11-15, 06:13 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Were you able to communicate with them PRIOR to sending them parts? Did you discuss turnaround time, cost, etc.?

Or did you just put your cluster in a box, ship it out to the address on their site and hope for the best?

I haven't heard Lextech being active in a LONG time. Maybe they're not even in business anymore but the site is still up. That's pretty common.

Regardless, this is a ****ty situation to be in and I feel bad for the OP, but getting some answers would definitely help.
Old 06-11-15, 07:00 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know why people still end up getting scammed by Lextech. A simple google search yields one of my threads as the top result.

Search before you buy!!

This is a well established scam at this point.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...k-warning.html

Quick Reply: Lextech Stole My Dash Cluster