SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sc400 wiring harness woes, any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-15, 06:45 AM
yauny
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't been able to find any of those cars in junk yards in sw Florida plus I think previous owner ruined the entirething by trying to splice **** together im just hopping they didn't ruin everything. The car runs but like complete crap and I keep getting bank 1 cam sensor CEL even after replacing both cam sensor and the ecu still same code and I started removing a bunch of electrical tape and found a complete rats nest and I dont kno which wires go where and if they're going to the right location and all that so id rather just try and get a new harness and see if that fixes which im praying to god I just keep throwing more and more money into this thing. Luckily I have a work vehicle and dont go out much if I had to rely on this car for anything id b screwed
Old 06-19-15, 07:50 PM
ValiantSc
Driver School Candidate

I know the feeling yauny, I've tried the junk yards around here and their connectors are in just as bad of shape as mine, the people had partially removed the harness/engine and had parts sitting in the trunk when I bought it. I wish I had turned and walked away.

I have found some of the connectors on ebay and amazon but still missing a bunch. Been looking for a whole new harness but I may just wait and invest in a 2jzgte swap and I know I can get a new harness from Chasebays or another harness builder for that.
Old 06-21-15, 01:42 PM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I started a partial list of connectors and their part numbers but also have a resource that shows the part numbers for the various Toyota/Lexus connectors in my link if you know what they look like. I replaced a ton of them on my car and got quite a few through the Toyota dealer as long as you can get the part number. They use the same connectors on various current Toyota and Lexus vehicles. I hope this is of some help to you. I'm sure you are aware the part number is stamped on each connector but that doesn't do any good when they turn to dust when you touch them. That's why I started this list.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...t-numbers.html
Old 06-22-15, 03:10 PM
ValiantSc
Driver School Candidate

yeah I looked for the stamps on mine but couldn't find any markings which I thought was odd. Of course most of mine are/were broken.

Thanks for that link should be a big help!
Old 06-22-15, 04:48 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There has to be someone out there who sells decent clips both female and male with wires on each end so you can cut/splice both sides and have a brand new clip all together. Like this from ebay... Of course this is just an example, I'd look for something higher gauge, and what not.

Other then that, really you need to just call all junkyards and see what they got. Make a day out of it, and know everything you need before hand. Also bring a few basic tools with you, wire cutters, 10mm socket with extension, 12mm socket, and screwdriver should cover most of it.
Old 06-22-15, 06:38 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

last call on the harness, i have it if you need it.

150 shipped, one 97 harness available.