SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Any Unique Anti-theft systems

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-15, 12:22 AM
Diegolazo5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Unique Anti-theft systems

Does anybody have a GPS'd SC for Security purposes?
Or any other unusual anti-theft security systems? Please share with us.

Last edited by Diegolazo5; 04-15-15 at 02:25 AM.
Old 04-15-15, 04:41 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

http://blog.beforward.jp/car-review/...owing-car.html
Attached Thumbnails Any Unique Anti-theft systems-flame.jpg  
Old 04-15-15, 06:28 AM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/chamelion-xle-383947

couldn't get the embedded to work. Phil Hartman is the greatest

Last edited by ems; 04-17-15 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-15-15, 07:03 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wire the fuel pump ECU to a switch. turn it off and hide the switch.
Old 04-15-15, 10:21 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could always unplug the ignition line to the distributor cap when you leave it if you're worried.
Old 04-15-15, 11:51 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

If it's a SC400, pull the starter and take it with you. That'll take the thief months to sort out.

Seriously, though, be careful with kill switches. The fuel pump ecu suggestion might work, but ignition systems tend to be finicky about introducing a switch into the circuit. I've found myself stranded a few times as a result. It could be the quality of the switch in question, but many other people have reported similar issues, so it's probably a matter of the ignition system requiring a more precise voltage level than elsewhere throughout the car.
Old 04-15-15, 03:50 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I have a Viper 5901 alarm with tilt and glass break sensors installed. Unfortunately it doesn't have GPS tracking.

I'm sure the newer alarms have GPS built in.
Old 04-16-15, 01:43 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Kira X - my friend, you know you can add the Viper VSM250 or Viper DSM250 module to have the SmartGPS system. You already have the Viper 5901 which is a SmartStart system.

Then just activate the GPS subscription , less than $6 a month. You can control your car with your smart phone..you get phone notification and track your car on your phone .
Old 04-16-15, 08:10 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by gerrb
Kira X - my friend, you know you can add the Viper VSM250 or Viper DSM250 module to have the SmartGPS system. You already have the Viper 5901 which is a SmartStart system.

Then just activate the GPS subscription , less than $6 a month. You can control your car with your smart phone..you get phone notification and track your car on your phone .
Hey gerrb! I remember seeing the SmartGPS when I bought the 5901 and thought it just unlocked the car from a smartphone. I never knew about the tracking part. I'll have to look into getting one.

Old 04-17-15, 01:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
Hey gerrb! I remember seeing the SmartGPS when I bought the 5901 and thought it just unlocked the car from a smartphone. I never knew about the tracking part. I'll have to look into getting one.

Best features for security I like are the LOCKDOWN ALERT and SMART FENCE.

Once you are in a place , you can specify it as your lockdown location or create a fence around it. The moment that car leaves the place , you get your phone alerts and then see its movements or where they are taking it. Not like lojack which I have on my MKIVs, they have already taken the car and only after you have reported your car stolen will their system start emitting signals which the police can pickup. So if you are late in reporting it, damn car is already in pieces or probably long gone.

Well even before that, since you have a tilt sensor, the moment they even try lifting it for towing, you get alerted on your phone and remote control.

Correction , I meant Directed DSM250. They are both owned by Directed Electronics anyway...even the others like phyton / clifford are owned by them. Cheaper to get the DSM250 than VSM250 but are exactly the same. It's the name Viper that makes it more expensive.
Old 04-17-15, 06:12 AM
ems
Lead Lap

dang I want that!!
Old 04-17-15, 11:30 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by gerrb
Best features for security I like are the LOCKDOWN ALERT and SMART FENCE.

Once you are in a place , you can specify it as your lockdown location or create a fence around it. The moment that car leaves the place , you get your phone alerts and then see its movements or where they are taking it. Not like lojack which I have on my MKIVs, they have already taken the car and only after you have reported your car stolen will their system start emitting signals which the police can pickup. So if you are late in reporting it, damn car is already in pieces or probably long gone.

Well even before that, since you have a tilt sensor, the moment they even try lifting it for towing, you get alerted on your phone and remote control.

Correction , I meant Directed DSM250. They are both owned by Directed Electronics anyway...even the others like phyton / clifford are owned by them. Cheaper to get the DSM250 than VSM250 but are exactly the same. It's the name Viper that makes it more expensive.
Wow, that's awesome! I'll have to get it once I get my SC300 running. Thanks for the information on it. I looked up the DSM250 and it's not too expensive. When it came out it cost more I paid for my Viper system, so I passed on it.

I had to get the tilt sensor since I was daily driving my SC at the time. It had a set of SSR Professors on it and I was paranoid someone would steal them.

Originally Posted by ems
dang I want that!!
If you check out Sonicelectronix.com they sometimes have the Viper alarms on sale pretty cheap. I got the Viper 5901 for my SC300 and Escalade for $400 a few years ago.
Old 07-11-15, 07:44 PM
98SNAKETR
Driver

Apart from having a multi-camera surveillance system running 24/7, I also have the world's loudest alarm on my cruiser

Old 07-13-15, 12:43 PM
ISFFUN
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Just FYI for anyone posting their own setup here it's prime sourcing material for thieves. I'm no paranoid android here, but it's not hard to look at other posts and find pictures of your car or license plate, know what to disable or enable on your car and run off with it.
Old 07-13-15, 01:28 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

I want that train horn setup. It sounds awesome.

Quick Reply: Any Unique Anti-theft systems