SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Got a wise lip, what else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-14, 11:33 AM
Jpgranier
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a wise lip, what else?

Okay, so I just purchased a wise lip for my white lexus sc400 and it has not arrived yet. What else should I buy to make my car look better? Would a full body kit be the route to go down? Should i get bigger rims? I have 16 inch rims that are pretty much brand new and brand new tires but 16 inch rims just feel a little small.

Another thing is that i've seen people getting carbon fiber hoods and trucks. Why is that? I'm guessing to reduce weight, but i'm not sure.

Old 10-27-14, 12:18 PM
Slaker13
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plain and simple. Do what you want man, do what makes you happy. When you go out and look at your car you should feel excited and proud because you made those decisions to make it look even better than it already did.

With that being said, I would go with bigger rims a drop to complete the look and deleting the resonators, trust me you will be impressed. It depends on your budget also. Btw the cf hood/trunk does save quite a bit of weight but unless you are taking it to the track or like the look, cf won't really be needed.

PS, DO THE BFI! Search around a bit for more info and check the FAQ and mega diy links for hella modz yo!
Old 10-27-14, 12:21 PM
danegerous
Rookie

It's a personal preference thing. Some of us like our SC's slammed on big wheels, some prefer a more functional suspension set up with a meaty tire...it's all about you my man. Google pictures of SC's and find things you like about them and after you start making purchases your "style" so to speak will come to life.

Old 10-27-14, 12:36 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

IMHO the Wise is too low to look good by itself. The only lip that works by itself is the OEM. A Wise is a Vertex rep. If you get Vertex rep sides and rear, it will line up really nicely. JIC Magic rep will flow nicely as well.
Old 10-27-14, 01:43 PM
Jpgranier
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Slaker13
Plain and simple. Do what you want man, do what makes you happy. When you go out and look at your car you should feel excited and proud because you made those decisions to make it look even better than it already did.

With that being said, I would go with bigger rims a drop to complete the look and deleting the resonators, trust me you will be impressed. It depends on your budget also. Btw the cf hood/trunk does save quite a bit of weight but unless you are taking it to the track or like the look, cf won't really be needed.

PS, DO THE BFI! Search around a bit for more info and check the FAQ and mega diy links for hella modz yo!
Someone told me that a BFI would screw up my car though? I don't have the money to go around screwing up my car
Old 10-27-14, 01:49 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpgranier
Someone told me that a BFI would screw up my car though? I don't have the money to go around screwing up my car
It won't screw up your car

I did it on my buddy's SC and it's perfectly fine. Never had problems after that.
Old 10-27-14, 02:00 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

IMO....the SC needs at least 18" rims....you can pull of 17's with a meaty tire setup...
Old 10-27-14, 02:14 PM
Jpgranier
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
IMO....the SC needs at least 18" rims....you can pull of 17's with a meaty tire setup...
Why do you think that? Because it makes it ride better, or because it looks better?
Old 10-27-14, 02:17 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

These cars are really big....they look better.....I wouldnt do anything smaller than an 18" and the biggest would be a 19".....but it all depends on if you have a body kit or stock body etc...

But that being said its your car....do whatever you like
Old 10-27-14, 02:30 PM
Jpgranier
Driver School Candidate

Well I have brand new 16 inch rims and tires on and it just feels so impractical spending like 1200 more dollars
Old 10-27-14, 02:36 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You shouldnt have gotten the 16's then. This is why I said "learn about cars first" in another thread before you go spending your money.

You clearly dont know the first thing about cars (I'm not putting you down, we all gotta start somewhere), but you really have to learn a few things, and see what options are out there before you go spending money on things (ie; 16" rims) that you later find out might have not been the best route to go.
Old 10-27-14, 02:37 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Wheels and tires should be your last thing to worry about for the car....I would do maintenance first

Then look into upgrading brakes to ls400 or supra....or at least get new rotors and pads..upgrade suspension to coilovers or springs...upgrade exhaust....etc...
Old 10-27-14, 02:47 PM
Jpgranier
Driver School Candidate

You guys are right I know almost nothing about cars. How much would a new exhaust system cost? Also how much faster would that make my car?
Old 10-27-14, 03:35 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Use the search button and do some research.....best advice I can give..
Old 10-27-14, 04:14 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpgranier
You guys are right I know almost nothing about cars. How much would a new exhaust system cost? Also how much faster would that make my car?
Exhaust will do nothing much for a non turbo car. Many of us do it for the sound. Headers sound great and can give a little bump. There isn't much you can do that is cost effective.

If all maintenance is done, the visuals are one thing you can tweak. Check out the progression of this car: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...y-new-sc3.html

Similar starting point to yours..
Attached Thumbnails Got a wise lip, what else?-dwp-1.jpg   Got a wise lip, what else?-dwp-70.jpg  

Last edited by Studiogeek; 10-27-14 at 04:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Got a wise lip, what else?