SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Who has the lowest price for Sc Headlight Assemblies

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-14, 06:06 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Who has the lowest price for Sc Headlight Assemblies

Who has the lowest price for Sc headlight assemblies?

Is there anyone that beats Carson Toyotas price?

I am so tired of broken tabs and condensation/leakage and I have refinished several pair but don't feel like starting baking them if I don't have to.

SG
Old 10-02-14, 06:20 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

What is Carson's price?
Old 10-02-14, 06:42 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

A 2 year old post said $265.
I have not verified it yet though.
Old 10-02-14, 07:06 PM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Carson's now sells them for $425 each and Sewell with our discount sells them for $384 each. If you're patient you can find some used ones in excellent condition for under $200 a pair. Good Luck

Last edited by dogwisper; 10-02-14 at 07:08 PM. Reason: omitted information
Old 10-02-14, 07:51 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dogwisper
Carson's now sells them for $425 each and Sewell with our discount sells them for $384 each. If you're patient you can find some used ones in excellent condition for under $200 a pair. Good Luck
I have 7 pair searching for that perfect used pair without baking (3 sets mounted on cars). Most of them leak and some have busted tabs.
I need a new set, or to start baking lights.
Old 10-02-14, 07:57 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine in the classifieds' are leak, condensation, and haze free, an there's only one broken tab and it doesn't affect the mounting of the headlight at all as the tab is still functional and only a tiny part of it's broken.

Price is cheap as **** right now, you should check out the thread and if you wan them hit me up.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...highbeams.html
Old 10-02-14, 08:06 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

eKnine9,
With 7 sets in varying stages of disrepair, it seems like for me, it's time to get one brand new set or start baking, cleaning and sealing. It's just a matter of time with 20 year old lights. i think I will at least try opening them once before buying another set.

Thank You
Old 10-03-14, 09:32 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, 7 sets? I thought I had a lot with 3 sets of SC headlights.
Damn bro, why so many? But lol I see why you don't want mine then, with that many sets there's probably no added benefit by picking up another used set.
Old 10-03-14, 09:36 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I would buy the ricer halo headlights and just use the clear lenses....At some point I plan on buying them for just the lenses...
Old 10-03-14, 09:45 AM
Twirl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...7 sets? It would take you less time to Frankenstein and polish one of those sets than to wait for a fresh pair to come in...unless the tabs are all broken and the lens is spider'ed I wouldn't waste my time rolling the dice...pop open and take care of the lenses and enjoy....otherwise bust out the black Amex and accept it...
Old 10-03-14, 10:11 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Dude, how bout I make you a deal. Send me the best condition headlights you have, just buy the parts I need to reseal and protect the lenses. And I guarantee you it'll look brand new when I send it back to you.

Here's the sealant for resealing the headlights after I open them up and put it back together;
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/acc...l#.VC7X-L5g7G4

And here's to protect it and never have them yellow or fade ever again;
http://www.lamin-x.com/Lexus-SC-97-0...ers-p/l004.htm
Old 10-03-14, 10:35 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Dude, how bout I make you a deal. Send me the best condition headlights you have, just buy the parts I need to reseal and protect the lenses. And I guarantee you it'll look brand new when I send it back to you.

Here's the sealant for resealing the headlights after I open them up and put it back together;
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/acc...l#.VC7X-L5g7G4

And here's to protect it and never have them yellow or fade ever again;
http://www.lamin-x.com/Lexus-SC-97-0...ers-p/l004.htm
Phillip, I have a few sets that are clear so they don't need much work, they just are not sealed properly.

If I have you put in my TSW projectors and brackets in, how much would you charge me for everything?

If you are going to open them, I might as well put the retrofit projectors in before sealing them.

I was warming up to the idea of opening them myself but if the price is right, ill be glad to have it done.

Thanks for the offer!

eknine9,
3 sets are on cars, 4 sets were purchased subsequently, looking for the magic set and believing sellers LOL.
Old 10-03-14, 10:53 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

No charge. I'd be happy to do it for the heck of it. Just pay for the shipping cost I guess. And buy at least the butyl rubber sealant. Cause there's really no way for it to seal back up properly by using the old sealant since it will never sit right again after prying it open. I've been experimenting on this since I got my first SC. And the Home Depot silicone sealant leaves more mess and still not a guarantee. But if you want to guarantee the work and not have it yellow or fade again, get the Lamin-X. I highly recommend it.
Old 10-03-14, 11:03 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
No charge. I'd be happy to do it for the heck of it. Just pay for the shipping cost I guess. And buy at least the butyl rubber sealant. Cause there's really no way for it to seal back up properly by using the old sealant since it will never sit right again after prying it open. I've been experimenting on this since I got my first SC. And the Home Depot silicone sealant leaves more mess and still not a guarantee. But if you want to guarantee the work and not have it yellow or fade again, get the Lamin-X. I highly recommend it.
That is so nice of you Philip. Especially if you can do the retrofit, I'd have to give you something, buy you a part you like, or trade something I have that you could use, something to show my appreciation.

PS: I ordered the stuff immediately...... that's done!

Thanks Again!!

Tony
Old 10-03-14, 11:07 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

^^^ That's awesome, love this place..

Quick Reply: Who has the lowest price for Sc Headlight Assemblies