SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Question about Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-14, 12:59 PM
DanielDD
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Question about Floor Mats

I know the floor mats for our cars have been mostly discontinued by the dealer...

I contacted Avery floor mats and they can make the SC300/SC400 mats to the exact OEM specification. The 4 piece set is somewhere around $72 and to embroider the Lexus logo is an additional $6 per mat.

The question I have is how do I determine what color mats originally came with my car? The car is silver spruce metallic and had the same color scheme (spruce) in the interior.

Lastly, can someone post up a picture of the driver and passenger side OEM floormats so I can match where the logo should go?
Old 08-04-14, 07:05 PM
weeters
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'm interested also as I have some hideous black rubber mats.
Old 08-05-14, 06:20 PM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The mats have been entirely discontinued and are unavailable from dealers everywhere new. They came in three colors black, spruce, gray and ivory. . I included a link to a spruce metallic SC400 that was for sale in the Club Lexus classifieds that shows the interior in the ivory with the first link and spruce in the second link so you can somewhat color match. Some of the aftermarket mats actually look very good. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...-metallic.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-question.html
Good luck.
Old 08-05-14, 06:56 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by dogwisper
They came in three colors black, spruce, gray and ivory.
That's pretty deep, with black being the absence of color.
Old 08-05-14, 07:25 PM
DanielDD
Rookie

Thanks for the information!
Old 08-05-14, 07:42 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Interesting. I was planning to buy a set from here, but it's a bit more for a 4 piece set. I was looking at the 22oz touring set for $95.

http://www.qualitycarmats.com/
Old 08-05-14, 09:31 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know of a place to get the mats with the Soarer Logo stitched in instead of the Lexus logo?
Old 08-05-14, 09:50 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Halon
Interesting. I was planning to buy a set from here, but it's a bit more for a 4 piece set. I was looking at the 22oz touring set for $95.

http://www.qualitycarmats.com/
I got these and they are not the best quality... Will likely replace them one day with a set of mats that are much thicker and stay put.....

Pay a bit more and get what you pay for....
Old 08-06-14, 12:54 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by Duck05
I got these and they are not the best quality... Will likely replace them one day with a set of mats that are much thicker and stay put.....

Pay a bit more and get what you pay for....
^^ I'll second this. I didn't actually order a set from Quality Car Mats but I did pour over at least a dozen color and weave samples they sent me. Only two were even worth considering and even compared to my worn out OEM mats they don't seem to put quality weaving into theirs.

And I thought the price for a full set was a bit low. Now I have confirmation of just why that was.

DanielDD, did you get any samples from Avery Floor Mats to compare before ordering? If they do it right I'm interested. QCM wouldn't weave in the Lexus logo either.
Old 08-06-14, 01:55 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Interesting: Avery has a large list of authorized distributors including Quality Car Mats.

I'm confused. If QCM sells Avery mats does that mean they sell Avery quality mats *and* their own crappy mats or does that suggest Avery Car Mats is of similarly poor quality?

I'm not claiming they are. I'd just like to like understand who actually makes what.
Old 08-06-14, 05:27 AM
DanielDD
Rookie

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
^^ I'll second this. I didn't actually order a set from Quality Car Mats but I did pour over at least a dozen color and weave samples they sent me. Only two were even worth considering and even compared to my worn out OEM mats they don't seem to put quality weaving into theirs.

And I thought the price for a full set was a bit low. Now I have confirmation of just why that was.

DanielDD, did you get any samples from Avery Floor Mats to compare before ordering? If they do it right I'm interested. QCM wouldn't weave in the Lexus logo either.
I didn't ask for any samples, but I have an email contact at Avery, so I will ask if there is a difference between Quality Car Mats and Avery...
Old 08-06-14, 06:17 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Those of you that got the Quality Car Mats ones, did you get the cheaper 22oz ones or the better 28oz ones?

I don't really care about the price, I'm just looking for some replacements and those were the first ones I've ever found. If there's better ones that can be had, please point me to them. Color matching isn't really a big deal because I'm just going to get black, kinda hard to screw up black.
Old 08-06-14, 03:23 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, I also need some tan ones for my car as well. Let us know how it turns out
Old 08-06-14, 11:00 PM
kilroy45
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .

To the OP, if youre looking for spruce floor mats, i have a damn near perfect set in the for sale section👍
Old 08-19-14, 07:05 PM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ssmith has a complete set of 4 original taupe floor mats in the classified section unused. These were the ones originally for the ivory interior cars. You will never find these again. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Question about Floor Mats