SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

So I dropped my car off at the dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-14, 02:54 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I just got it back. $868 was the total after tax. Not mad or upset at all honestly, this is the Extended Timing Belt kit from Sewell which includes Timing Belt, Water Pump w/Gasket, Timing Belt Idler Pulley
Timing Belt Tensioner, 2 O-Rings, 2 Cam Seals, 1 Crank Seal, Thermostat & Gasket, Timing Belt Tension Adjuster, and Drive Belt... I did get charged $30 for a gallon of coolant too though lol.

It ran a bit quieter then before I dropped it off. I got a 1 year warranty on it so if something breaks it's on them now. Just happy to have her back home. Got a few more things I want to do mechanically before I continue modding.
Old 07-11-14, 03:18 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

dealerships are a nightmare for absolutely everything. i would like to buy OEM parts but they charge double if not triple for things you can get at autozone or on ebay.

OEM ECT sensor:
Toyota dealership $88
Lexus dealership $92
Ebay $42
Old 07-11-14, 03:51 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oldManTan
dealerships are a nightmare for absolutely everything. i would like to buy OEM parts but they charge double if not triple for things you can get at autozone or on ebay.

OEM ECT sensor:
Toyota dealership $88
Lexus dealership $92
Ebay $42
I hear ya, but it depends on the part. I don't see any genuine Toyota parts selling for that cheap on ebay, otherwise I would have purchased them. Those $120 timing belt kits look crappy compared to the genuine parts I received from Sewell. If I didn't plan on keeping my car forever I probably would have went that route, but since I do it's nice to know the original stuff lasted 125,000 miles, and that's what I expect to get out of it.
Old 07-13-14, 02:47 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my car is currently at lexus bridgewater. ive been to a bunch of dealers and I agree with KahnBB6, all very rude in the service department. but being my first time at bridgewater I felt very welcome and they didn't question my car. they took it right in and gave me a loaner. although they've had it for 48hrs now and I haven't gotten a single call. im hoping its a good thing.
Old 07-13-14, 02:49 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biddles
Well I just got it back. $868 was the total after tax. Not mad or upset at all honestly, this is the Extended Timing Belt kit from Sewell which includes Timing Belt, Water Pump w/Gasket, Timing Belt Idler Pulley
Timing Belt Tensioner, 2 O-Rings, 2 Cam Seals, 1 Crank Seal, Thermostat & Gasket, Timing Belt Tension Adjuster, and Drive Belt... I did get charged $30 for a gallon of coolant too though lol.

It ran a bit quieter then before I dropped it off. I got a 1 year warranty on it so if something breaks it's on them now. Just happy to have her back home. Got a few more things I want to do mechanically before I continue modding.
I asked lexus about doing my t belt. they said "we go by the book in the owners manual" I opened it up and its $1,000 bucks, so I think you got a good deal. how does the car run? can you feel a difference?
Old 07-13-14, 05:05 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Several years ago I made my decision that I would tackle all work on my vehicles....With the TSRM it isnt really that difficult to peform....

I guess thats why they call it a Stealership....
This^^^

Originally Posted by Biddles

Well congrats it wasnt more than that.