SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

For those of you who dealt with Lextech, I have a few questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-14, 04:11 PM
GIMJ
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation For those of you who dealt with Lextech, I have a few questions?

Hey ladies and gents.

Roughly a year or so ago, I got the Lextech complete climate control and cluster set done. It took a bit, but I was really happy with their work. Coming from almost a complete dead set, I was happy with the work that Lextech did.

Now, as time started passing, each button on the climate control started burning out. It happened one by one over time, until every button on the climate died.

Then the needle on my gauge started going out...

I contacted Lextech, and they got back to me RIGHT away, emailing me and telling me to send my problematic units in and telling me they'll fix it as per their warranty. Happy with their instant communication, I sent my units in.

Now here is where my problem lies...

I sent in my climate and cluster, and Lextech received it on the 29th of January. I emailed them, asking me to update me about what went wrong w/ the cluster and the general process of when they'll finish up my unit.

I emailed them on January 30th, then February 4, and then February 5. It was February 5 when I received a response from them. When asked about the general updates, they said:

Sounds about right. Its 5 days business days in the shop as always.

I thanked them again, and that's when communication stopped on their end.

I emailed them February 13 then 14th (Happy Valentines Day!)

So this is where I stand. They had my unit since January 29th. For 17 days, and certainly over the 5 business days they've promised it'll take to fix the units.

Now, I understand that for a lot of clublexus members, it took awhile for Lextech to send back your units. Now, it's not really the time that concerns me, but it's the level of communication...

Is it really that difficult to get in contact w/ lextech? If they've been updating me regularly and telling me what went wrong like they promised they would, I wouldn't be sitting here and slightly freaking out.

Thanks guys.
Old 02-15-14, 05:48 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Be patient, Lextech is a fantastic resource that provides amazing customer service. The item will be fixed and last a lifetime.

Last edited by Tabaka; 02-15-14 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-16-14, 03:28 AM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Ha! Nice try Tabaka. GIMJ sorry you didn't read the multiple post by Lextech customers. You have sent your units into a "black hole". You will here from Lextech when they feel like it or have nothing better to do. You will eventually receive your units back with no warning and absolutely no explanation. Don't expect the climate control lights to last very long. I sent mine back for warranty repair and the new lights lasted less than 60 days.
Old 02-16-14, 07:34 AM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

From what I've been seeing around CL, Lextech has been stinking everything up...that's why I didn't send my ECU to them.
Old 02-16-14, 09:47 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

There is another thread discussing this further. There have been many customers in the past year or so, that have been very, very unhappy with them. Everyone's opinion will vary with how busy they are, problems with each unit, and requesting an update. It has even been said that packages have been left in their trunks and forgotten about to be mailed out. I, on the other hand, have had all three great experiences with them. Needle repair, climate LCD soldered in, and so on. I am sorry there is ANOTHER Lextech customer very unhappy.
Old 02-16-14, 10:20 AM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I sent my climate unit to them as well. The process took forever and within 6 months just like yours the bulbs started going out one by one. I know I could send the unit back to the to be repaired under warranty but I figured I will cut my losses and recently bought the LXCC touch screen unit. Just waiting for them to be produced and sent out.
Old 02-16-14, 11:52 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Sorry to hear about your problems.

We offer same to next day repair and you will usually have your stuff back within the same week. Contact us for details on pricing, etc.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 02-16-14, 11:58 AM
Flygfsh
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Guys, please do your research before sending our items off for repair.

A few months ago I sent a cluster off to Tanin Auto only for odometer correction. These guys had fantastic communication, a detailed report of any other items they discovered, price was actually cheaper than first quoted, and return service in LESS than 1 week. Highly recommend Jason and his wife!!!
Old 02-16-14, 12:00 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Haha.. thanks for the awesome review, but Lisa is my sister
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 02-16-14, 12:54 PM
Flygfsh
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I thought in Wisconsin that was allowed?? Completely just kidding!!! No problem for the kind words, it's just good that we have companies that support our vehicles.
Old 02-16-14, 01:19 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TaninAuto
Sorry to hear about your problems.

We offer same to next day repair and you will usually have your stuff back within the same week. Contact us for details on pricing, etc.
This is where I bought my LCD screen. Quality work and fast arrival.
Old 02-16-14, 01:47 PM
Vwpride12
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer man, hope it all works out. I had a bad experience too.
Old 02-16-14, 01:53 PM
bigwhite
Lead Lap

Feel your pain , mine still dont work right.
Old 02-17-14, 02:06 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

This is becoming worrisome, y'all. I was under the impression that LexTech used to be a gold standard for the SC. Maybe they're backed up?

But actually, that doesn't excuse shoddy workmanship. Delays I can understand... Don't like em, but understand. Yanking a dash apart ain't no simple thing for an SC, and I can't imagine too many folks here like doing it repeatedly for kicks.

Might be high time we find someone who can do this stuff as an alternative to LexTech. I understand, it's a very limited market for the SC... but we're loyal, and our money's good.

Deep thoughts?
Old 02-17-14, 09:39 PM
norcal2jz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brerrabbit
This is becoming worrisome, y'all. I was under the impression that LexTech used to be a gold standard for the SC. Maybe they're backed up?

But actually, that doesn't excuse shoddy workmanship. Delays I can understand... Don't like em, but understand. Yanking a dash apart ain't no simple thing for an SC, and I can't imagine too many folks here like doing it repeatedly for kicks.

Might be high time we find someone who can do this stuff as an alternative to LexTech. I understand, it's a very limited market for the SC... but we're loyal, and our money's good.

Deep thoughts?
Awesome food for though...there has to be someone out there..
I too recently was about to send my climate and cluster to Lextech but after reading so many bad reviews I decided to hold off and find someone else... But there has to be someone else, Brerrabbit is right we are loyal and our money is good.

Quick Reply: For those of you who dealt with Lextech, I have a few questions?