SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Anyone with Full or Half Gutted Interior? Lets see it!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-13, 05:16 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone with Full or Half Gutted Interior? Lets see it!

Anyone have fully gutted or half gutted interiors? I would love to see what kind of interiors you guys have. Im personaly planning on Gutting everything from the back like rear seats, panels, etc.. but leaving everything in the front car so u stil get the comfortablity when your driving. And maby adding a half cage.

Lets see them!
Old 11-07-13, 05:21 PM
bigwhite
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have cloth Honda Accord front seats with the rears removed and then upholstered like done when tubbing. Also removed the sunroof assembly and had a custom headliner done. Got about $1800.00 in that. Been planning on posting pics. having camera troubles.
Old 11-07-13, 06:15 PM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The rear seats are so light i dont really see a benefit of removing them unless you have a track car.
Old 11-07-13, 06:59 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine is pretty much gutted, no pics though. Corbeau Drivers seat, DC4 Integra passenger seat, no a/c or hvac system no vents, no door panels, 6-point cage as on now, will be going to a 10-point soon, factory sound deadening removed, nothing in trunk except gas tank. Eventually, stainless or aluminum dash, Lizard skin will replace carpet soon, and a Kirkey seat will replace the Corbeau. Still daily driven.
Old 11-10-13, 07:51 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
Mine is pretty much gutted, no pics though. Corbeau Drivers seat, DC4 Integra passenger seat, no a/c or hvac system no vents, no door panels, 6-point cage as on now, will be going to a 10-point soon, factory sound deadening removed, nothing in trunk except gas tank. Eventually, stainless or aluminum dash, Lizard skin will replace carpet soon, and a Kirkey seat will replace the Corbeau. Still daily driven.
No A/C in Texas? You must be one brave guy.
Old 11-11-13, 02:50 AM
jdmstar69
Driver

From my experience, leave the seats and anything you can in the back of the car...taking my car around buttonwillow, the rear end felt really light and slipped out a ton. The only thing that helped me get though the day was throwing a bunch of spare tires in the back and airing out the tires lol
Old 11-11-13, 07:41 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC400slide
No A/C in Texas? You must be one brave guy.
Actually the heat doesnt bother me too much. Its the cold that ruins my day.
Old 02-14-14, 05:29 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

I have been thinking of actually ripping out all interior except for dashboard n door panels, amd painting all exposed metal with anti-slip flat black paint. Like rustoleum truck bedding , it would look relatively nice and would be cheap

Last edited by Golden95SC; 02-15-14 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-15-14, 02:23 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

I the the point of the sc was a nice car full of creature comforts...I was gonna say this is like a 240 forum thread then I saw op's sig
Old 02-15-14, 05:32 PM
czar07
Lead Lap

Not gutted while driving, but here is mine during interior swap

Anyone with Full  or Half Gutted Interior? Lets see it!-imag0211.jpg
Old 02-15-14, 08:49 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

why?? interior doesnt weigh anything in the sc.. just the stock front seats are super heavy.. you are just gonna not have an interior.. nothing else really..
Old 02-16-14, 06:22 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
why?? interior doesnt weigh anything in the sc.. just the stock front seats are super heavy.. you are just gonna not have an interior.. nothing else really..
On the contrary. If you truly gut the interior, all those trim pieces, a/c parts, useless stock wiring, it all adds up pretty quick. Not to mention the factory sound dampening material that plagues the floors, and the 50million ecu's behind the dash. Problem is that most car owners dont want a track car to daily..
Old 02-16-14, 01:47 PM
bigwhite
Lead Lap

There is another thread on here concerning gutted interiors, on which I have my modified pics. I dont want the old leather stock interior, so I went with lightweight Honda seats and had the rear done in tweed. Also deleted the subwoofer to install rear strut tower brace. I thought about painting the floors, but paint would wear off quickly and bed liner paint would be heavier. The idea for the tweed came from seeing my dads 69 pro street Camaro which was tubbed done int tweed. It was very nice.
Old 02-16-14, 10:37 PM
Golden95SC
Lead Lap

A gallon is almost 9 pounds, minus the weight of the container it might be all you need. You only really need multiple layers in the floormat area since thats the main area were contact is being made and wear will ocure . Anywere else i believe would be fine with 1 good coat, just as long as it covers. So i think it can be done effectively with very little weight addition. Ive seen a couple examples online and it looks nice for gutted cars, also does a small part in sound deadening.

I might give it a shot and in the future. And see how it turns out. Only thing is that it sorta permanent lol.

Last edited by Golden95SC; 02-16-14 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-17-14, 04:50 PM
bigwhite
Lead Lap

Permanent but cheaper and DIY. Im happy I went the way I did, but mine is not a track car.

Quick Reply: Anyone with Full or Half Gutted Interior? Lets see it!