SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lexi's Journey :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-13, 07:57 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well the good thing is you can wash the wheels and the paint wont come off. On my other car I had plasti dipped my hood and use to wash my car all the type. IT never chipped or anything. A good thing to do is make sure when you layer the paint you put thick coats on because if its thin its a pain to take off if you ever want to take it off.
Old 10-17-13, 08:02 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aww that's good that you don't have to worry about it chipping. What exactly is the durability of the plastidip? Months? Years? I have seen mixed answers but I guess it goes back to how well you maintain it. I did the thick coats, but when i started to peel the inner logo, it was almost like the paint doesn't seep into the creases. I don't know. I kinda think it looks stupid if I left it like that unpeeled but I'm too impatient to try again without ripping it.

You took the plastidip off your hood? Your SC looks sick, I like your rims :x What do you call the piece above your window? I don't know the correct name. I like those, how do they retail?
Old 10-17-13, 08:09 AM
tjmhillz
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks. As far as the longevity of plasti dip it all depends on how many coats you put on it. Mine held up for over a year. it would of held up longer but the car ended up being totaled the piece above the window is called the window trim. Mine was chrome put I plasti dipped it black. You can see pics of how I did my hood in my build thread in my sig.
Old 10-17-13, 08:30 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to CL.

You have already started to mod the SC. LOL It is hard not too, if you spend as much time as we do on here. It becomes very addictive and troublesome sometimes. Trying to find the money to do it...

Good to see that you have gotten your Grandma in on the action. We like everyone to be involved on here.
Old 10-17-13, 10:04 AM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SPLiFFY
Thank you vewwy much! And yes, my grandma and I are super close. We do everything together! I messed up a lot and honestly I had to redo the pillars like twice and each rim like 2 times also. It was terrible. I have no idea how to clean the logos on the rim caps without ruining the paint. Any tips?
use nail polish, its a good hard enamel, whats funny is my mom mentioned it and i was enlightened! idk about the uv gel, im trying to repair my interior

yea i havent had much time to play games either.
Old 10-17-13, 12:51 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Originally Posted by tjmhillz
Thanks. As far as the longevity of plasti dip it all depends on how many coats you put on it. Mine held up for over a year. it would of held up longer but the car ended up being totaled the piece above the window is called the window trim. Mine was chrome put I plasti dipped it black. You can see pics of how I did my hood in my build thread in my sig.
Oh okay, had I of known it had to do with the coats I would have done more. I guess I'll see where this takes me and then I'll move over to hot pink I think the bottle said it's better to plastidip white first, then put the pink on top. But I'll see when I get there D: Oh okay thanks for telling me and I will look at your build thread I'm sorry to hear that your car was totaled, its such a scary situation. Every time I see an accident on here, or in real life I freak out and get scared to drive. we can't live in fear though.. My biggest fear of all though is losing my SC so i FEEL YOUR PAIN

Actually, just this morning I was awoken from my sleep because there was an accident with two cars and one of the cars hit the front posts of a house. It was ridiculous. :\ Omg, I just saw your build thread.. poor IS!!! It's okay because SCs are just as nice. I'm glad you decided to stay in the Lexus world. I like your steering wheel in your SC. Well I could never drive that seeing as it's not automatic. Vewwy nice

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Welcome to CL.

You have already started to mod the SC. LOL It is hard not too, if you spend as much time as we do on here. It becomes very addictive and troublesome sometimes. Trying to find the money to do it...

Good to see that you have gotten your Grandma in on the action. We like everyone to be involved on here.
OH MY GAWSH!!!

It's an honor to meet a forum moderator Hai and nice to meet you! I actually was talking to Wringo about volunteer opportunities on the forum and in the community/events. I love to represent and help out any way I can. It's true, I really fell in love with my SC when I saw how many people go crazy for them. I'm like active every day on here and I love seeing all the new things people do. Everything I have done was quite simple but it makes me happy! My dad is actually a mechanic/vehicle inspector for 30+ years but he believes that cars are meant to just be driven, meaning that he doesn't want me putting extra money into my car because (god forbid) an accident can make you lose all those things. I am petrified of that thought but I still want to invest in my car because she's worth it and I bet you all feel the same too.

It is truly addicting, you're right. I'm a college student and I left my job at Lexus because of how I was treated, so I am using my savings until school starts up again D: Next week though, I should be getting HIDs so I'll definitely post pics!

And aww thanks, I'll be sure to tell my Grandma! This is the best group of car enthusiasts, hands down. Thanks for making this experience better for us!

Originally Posted by SC4o0
use nail polish, its a good hard enamel, whats funny is my mom mentioned it and i was enlightened! idk about the uv gel, im trying to repair my interior

yea i havent had much time to play games either.
Oh wow, I didn't even know that. Did you try the nail polish? I kinda wanna see how they came out. What is UV gel? Lol I feel like I should know this. I'm also trying to fix my interior, maybe get a new interior set actually because my seats have hella rips. I'll be the only one at the event with seat covers. LOLLLLL.

Last edited by SPLiFFY; 10-17-13 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Kittens. :P
Old 10-17-13, 01:01 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Oh wow, I didn't even know that. Did you try the nail polish? I kinda wanna see how they came out. What is UV gel? Lol I feel like I should know this. I'm also trying to fix my interior, maybe get a new interior set actually because my seats have hella rips. I'll be the only one at the event with seat covers. LOLLLLL.
lol what event? uv gel is the quick drying nail polish that lasts longer, my gf told me about it, yea u should know this stuff lmao, ill post some piks of the work i did on my build...check it out
Old 10-17-13, 01:11 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

lol what event? uv gel is the quick drying nail polish that lasts longer, my gf told me about it, yea u should know this stuff lmao, ill post some piks of the work i did on my build...check it out
Oh okay.. LOL. The showdown in o-town event. It''s in Central Florida which is why you probably haven't heard much about it. Now that you mention it I have an idea what it is. I'm not that much of a tomboy i swear LOL. I feel so stupid shhh don't tell anyone. Okay make you let me know where you're posting the pics of your build. I wanna see
Old 10-17-13, 01:16 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Oh okay.. LOL. The showdown in o-town event. It''s in Central Florida which is why you probably haven't heard much about it. Now that you mention it I have an idea what it is. I'm not that much of a tomboy i swear LOL. I feel so stupid shhh don't tell anyone. Okay make you let me know where you're posting the pics of your build. I wanna see
oh lol yea im not from florida but i do love your weather, i didnt say you were a tomboy, you kinda reming me of "letty" from F&F

yea uv is like nail polish 2.0!

goto the sc forum > sc400/300 > builds > youll see my username
Old 10-17-13, 01:26 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

oh lol yea im not from florida but i do love your weather, i didnt say you were a tomboy, you kinda reming me of "letty" from F&F

yea uv is like nail polish 2.0!

goto the sc forum > sc400/300 > builds > youll see my username
Oh yeah, I don't do well in cold weather. And awww thanks, I guess I'll take that as a compliment because F&F is my favorite series of all time. I cried during the 6th movie. and Paul Walker is O-O LOL. Well, you can check "teach a girl about nail polish" off your to do list! Okay I'm gonna check out your thread now. I see you posting all over this forum too lol.
Old 10-17-13, 02:15 PM
SC4ME
Lead Lap

Oh yeah, I don't do well in cold weather. And awww thanks, I guess I'll take that as a compliment because F&F is my favorite series of all time. I cried during the 6th movie. and Paul Walker is O-O LOL. Well, you can check "teach a girl about nail polish" off your to do list! Okay I'm gonna check out your thread now. I see you posting all over this forum too lol.
lol yeah i like to be known and participate

lmao okay ... CHECKED

yeah F&F is great.
Old 10-18-13, 08:11 AM
Dms3603
Rookie

Yooooooooooooooo!!!! I have seen this car sooo many times. I pass by it getting off i-4 sometimes. Sweeet whip though always wondered if u were on here. Do you go to the meets?
Old 10-18-13, 11:35 AM
Cozmo
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I also did another thing! I saw another guy on the forums with a gold SC that he plastidipped the emblems and I was INSPIRED! I was gonna do pink, but I didn't wanna be too obvious about it being girl-driven. I like people to wonder

It's my first try EVER at plastidipping and it was easy, but tedious. It took me hours to plastidip the emblems as well as the pillars and the logos on the rims. I did this with my grandma, so it was a fun experience for us both

I left the full emblem black on the rim caps because every time I tried to peel the inner pieces of the logo, it would rip the whole logo peel. Oh well, I'll find a way around that. When i get more patience, I'll clean out the middle part. LOL.

Not bad for a first-timer! It's not PERFECT, but it's the best I could do. When I get more bold, I'll definitely move over to pink. Now off for Lexi's bath and preparation for the event! Thanks

I like the black emblems. Nice work.
Old 10-21-13, 12:51 AM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Nice sandstone beige sc... Mine is the same color! They look great when modded. And if you want the vossen look but can't afford them, Stance wheels makes cheap replicas
Old 10-21-13, 01:18 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by Dms3603
Yooooooooooooooo!!!! I have seen this car sooo many times. I pass by it getting off i-4 sometimes. Sweeet whip though always wondered if u were on here. Do you go to the meets?
ABOUT TIME I HAVE BEEN SPOTTED. WOOP WOOP!

Thank you so much I have been waiting forever for someone to spot me. And thank you for the compliments, it's kinda hard to miss me with my windows down, music up and my huge decals lol.

Yeah that is me! You're right. Hahaha. Where do you normally see it?
Yes, my first meet was the Showdown In O-Town Event.

And thanks Cozmo!!! I appreciate it

Oh and Hai Fathead! I was actually looking at your SC pics this morning and i was thinking how very few people have our SC color Except you have the hardtop which is cool beans. I can't afford Vossens because of college but I really wanna just save up and get them one day. It's such a dream of mine. I wish there was like an essay contest or something for a set of Vossens. Then I'd really have a chance LOL.

Last edited by SPLiFFY; 10-21-13 at 01:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexi's Journey :)